Demos [Doom] » [DEAD LINK] Down (US) - Over the Under Demos (2006)
  • THIS POST HAVE DEAD LINKS
    REQUEST A REUPLOAD HERE

CHECK SUBMITTED REQUESTS BEFORE POSTING A NEW ONE!

https://i.postimg.cc/9Xp5CCcs/Untitled.jpg

Artist: Down
    Release: Over the Under Demos 2006
    Label: No label (Pre-production Studio Demos)
    Genre: Heavy Metal/Doom Metal/Sludge/Hard Rock
    Bitrate: 320kbps
    Dead Link

New Link provided by SCOTT. Thanks Man!

DOWN - Over the Under Demos (2006) USA
    Pre-production Studio Demos

https://i.postimg.cc/9Xp5CCcs/Untitled.jpg

01. Three Suns & One Star
    02. I Scream
    03. The Path
    04. On March The Saints
    05. Beneath The Tides
    06. This Work Is Timeless
    07. Pillamyd
    08. Mourn
    09. Never Try
    10. N.O.D.
    11. Invest In Fear
    12. Nothing In Return (Walk Away)

Phil Anselmo - Vocals (PANTERA, SUPERJOINT RITUAL, VIKING CROWN, ENOCH, EIBON, NECROPHAGIA, CHRIST INVERSION, SOUTHERN ISOLATION, RAZOR WHITE, ARSON ANTHEM, BODY AND BLOOD)
    Pepper Keenan - Guitars (CORROSION OF CONFORMITY, GRAVEYARD RODEO)
    Kirk Windstein - Guitars (CROWBAR, VALUME NOB, KINGDOM OF SORROW, SHELL SHOCK)
    Rex Brown - Bass (PANTERA, REBEL MEETS REBEL, CROWBAR, TRES DIABLOS, KILL DEVIL HILL)
    Jimmy Bower - Drums (SUPERJOINT RITUAL, MYSTICK KREWE OF CLEARLIGHT, EYEHATEGOD, CROWBAR, DEBRIS INC, SOURVEIN, CORROSION OF CONFORMITY, FLOODGATE, DRIP, SHELL SHOCK, BLATANT FRUSTRATION, K-LLOYD, MY UNCLE THE WOLF)

Ross Karpelman - Keyboards (MYSTICK KREWE OF CLEARLIGHT, BODY AND BLOOD)

DOWN are a Heavy Metal quartet formed in New Orleans Louisiana in 1991, initially just intended as a part time jam session between longstanding friends.
    The material and vibe were so strong that they spawned demo recordings, which caused a widespread buzz in tape-trading circles.
    Encouraged by the response, the band decided to record an album.
    DOWN's 1995 debut album, "N.O.L.A.", a collision of dense groove, Southern harmony and huge riff distortion, inadvertantly gained the status of a timeless Metal masterpiece.
    Down was initially lintended as a side project of PANTERA's vocalist Phil Anselmo and CORROSION OF CONFORMITY guitarist Pepper Keenan.
    Guitarist Kirk Windstein is a member of CROWBAR and played the bass parts on the debut album too.
    Drummer Jimmy Bower also plays with EYEHATEGOD and is a founder member of Crowbar.
    Crowbar guitarist Todd Strange was the bass player for the band's earliest live shows.
    Down, now with Anselmo's former Pantera colleague Rex Brown on bass, would return in March of 2002 with a new album, "Down II: A Bustle In Your Hedgerow".
    The album debuted on the Billboard charts at No. 44, selling over 30,000 copies in it's first week of sale.
    DOWN would also be a late addition to the 2002 Ozzfest touring festival, putting in their own headline performances along the way.
    Phil Anselmo virtually retired from public view in the wake of the onstage murder of his erstwhile PANTERA comrade Darrell 'Dimebag' Abbott on 8th December 2004.
    Speculation as to Anselmo's well-being raged throughout the year, the singer eventually revealing he had been suffering from extreme back problems that required surgery and a lengthy recuperation.
    Anselmo marked his return to public performance with a March 10th 2006 concert for VH1 Classic's 'Decades Rock Live!' tribute to HEART.
    A reunited ALICE IN CHAINS, would be joined by the vocalist and GUNS N' ROSES and VELVET REVOLVER bassist DUFF McKAGAN, on second guitar.
    Down went back out on another high profile US tour in 2007, packaged with headliners HEAVEN & HELL and MOTORHEAD in March.
    Down issued album No. 3, "Over The Under" in Spring 2007, and, as well as playing at many European Festivals, also toured Australasia with Heaven & Hell & MEGADETH.
    The band then landed the coveted support slot on the 2008 METALLICA North American tour.
    Anselmo underwent further surgery in April 2009, this time to repair damage to his knee.
    European festival performances took the band through the summer, including a show stealing performance at the UK's Download Festival at Castle Donington.
    Down parted company with Rex Brown last year, and he is now in a new band called KILL DEVIL HILL, alongside former BLACK SABBATH/Heaven & Hell/AXIS drummer Vinnie Appice.
    His replacement in Down is Pat Bruders from Crowbar.
    A new Down EP (likely to feature 6 or 7 songs), has been recorded and is due to be released in the Summer of 2012.
    This is the first release in a projected series of four EPs which the band plan to release over the next two years.
    What we have here is a great-sounding 12 song collection of pre-production demo tracks recorded before the "Over The Under", album in 2006.
    10 of the twelve tracks here were re-recorded for the album proper, and a further one appeared as a bonus track on the Japanese issue.
    The remaining song, "This Work Is Timeless", has apparently been reworked and re-recorded for that upcoming new EP.
    These recordings are great, showing the band at their best, stripped of some of the production frills, with a raw energy and fire in their bellies.
    You might even end up preferring this to the finished album, i know i do.

art & txt included

ctme
    Bringer of Steel
    United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Topics Solved: 147

http://i.imgur.com/sHTH3La.png
    Artist: Down
    Release: Over the Under Demos
    Genre: Doom/Sludge
    Bitrate: 320 kpbs
    ► dead link
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Not sure how these demos surfaced but they appeared online after the album was released. Timeless was left off the album, later appearing on Down IV Part 1. N.O.D. features different/guide lyrics.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Three Suns and One Star
    2. I Scream
    3. The Path
    4. On March the Saints
    5. Beneath the Tides
    6. Timeless
    7. Pillamyd
    8. Mourn
    9. Never Try
    10. NOD
    11. Invest in Fear
    12. Nothing in Return

Last edited by canadaspaceman on 25 Jul 2019, 22:19, edited 1 time in total.
    Reason: dead link removed
    Random avatar
    Australia (au) Male

Topics Solved: 3

riptorn wrote:
    Wiplash wrote:Thanx for this....
    Anyone have NOLA demos?

I've downloaded the NOLA demos multiple times from different sources, but the sound on every version i've found has been pretty appalling so i always wind up deleting the files eventually.
    Hopefully someone will turn up better quality versions of those tracks sooner or later.

I might have flac versions soon, including a remaster of four tracks from the demo. From memory the reason for remastering only those four tracks was that the demo they were compiled from (the 1992-93 demos bootleg) is essentially a compilation of demos they released or at least tracked beforehand.

Not sure if you had the flacs and wound up deleting them, but they'll be up in any case.

Fingers crossed.
    Random avatar
    Australia (au) Male

Topics Solved: 3

LOGIN / REGISTER TO BE ABLE TO COMMENT ON POSTS + VOTE TO SEE HIDDEN LINKS

« Return to Demos [Doom]