Recommendations, Records, Collections, etc.
General Metal Discussions » Pirate Sites (or is it Parasite)
Hello all Metalheads!

In lieu of a topic that is going about Pirate or Bootleg record "companies" I want to make you all aware of sites that try to make money of sharing music, complete with the latest releases, even to pay to get access!

Here is an example I encountered my own blog.

In the chat section a person called horex advertising his or her blog. I am ok with a lil bit of advertising for a blog, as long they do the normal kind of sharing. However when I checked it, it was a paying site. Meaning you have to pay at least $ 5 to get access!!!!! And I have seen that some people have been stupid enough to pay for it!

Now this what I call piracy!

Here is the link for you to see, the site is called "Good Metal and Hard Rock"

Well Tell me what you think!

Gravibus manere. Heli temulentam. Mulierum mammas utamur.
(Keep it Heavy, be drunk, enjoy boobies)

Personal Motto:

Modus et inordinatio in Metalinium
(Method and Disorder the Metal way)

My 80's Metal Blog
Bringer of Steel
United States (us) Male 
Name: Tony

Topics Solved: 3

Hmm, i've seen that site before, but was unaware that it (apparently) had some connection to 'horex'.
There is a guy called 'horex' who is a member of this forum & has shared a lot of good stuff here.
If it's the same guy i'd be interested to hear what he has to say about this...
Bringer of Steel
United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Topics Solved: 96

Unbelievable. This site (link below) also accepts only donations if someone wants to download something.

http://darkabyss.org
Bringer of Steel

Topics Solved: 65

For some warmth from someone ...
Bringer of Steel
Peru (pe) Male 
Name: John

Topics Solved: 46

Is the same guy that posted the ad on my blog, just look at the profile.... With the ad in the profile

Personal Motto:

My 80's Metal Blog
Bringer of Steel
United States (us) Male 

Lord Bones wrote:

Is the same guy that posted the ad on my blog, just look at the profile.... With the ad in the profile

Some years ago Emil/Strappado banned a guy for similar reason...

viewtopic.php?f=162&t=2774

I think moderators should follow the same line...
Name: Marco

Topics Solved: 70

nonseinormale65 wrote:[Some years ago Emil/Strappado banned a guy for similar reason...

viewtopic.php?f=162&t=2774

I think moderators should follow the same line...

With immediate effect.
United Kingdom (uk) Male

Topics Solved: 97

This is beyond the scope of something us mods should handle ourselves. We'll have to get a decision from Emil. Sure Horex has shared a whole bunch of stuff here without restricting anyone access, but if he's indeed charging people to access his blog, it should be handled the same way as in the link Marco mentioned above. I'll get some other mod input on this before we go and bug Emil.
FORUM MOD!
Canada (ca) Male YouTube 
Name: Tachi Ikoma

Topics Solved: 16

I don't have the time to look into this further tonight, as I've got to go off to work, hopefully another mod has a moment to check this.
FORUM MOD!
Canada (ca) Male YouTube 

Lord Bones wrote:However when I checked it, it was a paying site. Meaning you have to pay at least $ 5 to get access!!!!! And I have seen that some people have been stupid enough to pay for it!

Now this what I call piracy!

Crazy stuff, but he isn't the first.
Itunes is illegally selling MALHAVOC's music and paying some ripoff in the USA [who has NEVER had the rights], and NOT paying the band, but nothing can be done without hiring lawyers!
You think this is the ONLY incident where I-tunes or Amazon has done and is still doing these crimes?
anyways,
yes,
Horex should at least remove his links to any paying "pirate" site from this forum.
He has done a lot here, and we have rejected some submissions for us to stay "safe".
http://realityworldofviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/want-download.png
http://minemum.com/sites/default/files/styles/article_image_600/public/spotting%20fake%20download%20links.png?itok=Weigwshs
FORUM MOD!
Canada (ca) Male 

Topics Solved: 340

TadakatsuH0nda wrote:I don't have the time to look into this further tonight, as I've got to go off to work, hopefully another mod has a moment to check this.

Are you really a MOD? You shouldn't post the last 2 comments saying you can't take a certain action. More wise thing was to say like "I Will look into it" within 1 single comment. However the facts are clear.

Personal Motto:

My 80's Metal Blog
Bringer of Steel
United States (us) Male 

I know what it is to be a MOD and the burden that comes with it. But in my opinion, no matter what horex did on this forum, to me he has forfeited it by asking money just to enter the blog.

Personal Motto:

My 80's Metal Blog
Bringer of Steel
United States (us) Male 

We have to make sure that it is indeed the same Horex that is a member here on this blog. I usually don't believe in coincidences, so it is more than likely the same guy. I was looking at cover scans on the CoverLib site and saw many scans posted by a gentleman named Jerry Horex. Again, probably the same guy. Some of the scans posted there I recognized as Steeler's scans. Just thought I'd mention it.
United States (us) Male

Topics Solved: 14

Horex...? I gave him a warning some time ago for uploading.... BATHORY (!!!) albums!!
And some ago it was common to see some of his links reported in the moderator queue... Usually albums from 2010~2012.

Moderators, let's wait for his reply before taking any action.
FORUM MOD!
Brazil (br) Male 
Name: Mauro

Topics Solved: 9

I also ran into this guy on my first days being Mod because he had a big submission list with mostly mainstream albums.
Disapproved many of them and asked him if he´s aware that he´s posting a billboard #2 album on a rarities site.
I suspected him for advertizing his own blog, but since this is not forbidden it was ok for me (as I didn´t realize it was a paying site).

Lateron I rejected some of his older submissions, wondering why they were approved back then (e.g. a 2011 album in 2013, approved by Emil himself).

My opinion to this?
As long as he sticks to the rules there´s no need to ban this guy. (Advertizing is not forbidden, not even multiple nicks are!)
Canadaspaceman already sent a pm to remove all his links to his paying pirate site.
I will remove all locks from his rejected topics so he can revise every single post.
Not doing so will cause a second warning.
But we should not punish him for things outside this forum, should we? If ppl are stupid enough to pay we can´t change it.
As long as he doesn´t steal links from in here - for me it seems to be the other way around (posting albums from his blog).
Let´s wait what he has to say… (bored)

If you notice anything suspicious, just report it… - with the [exclamation sign] button at the left of a post. Many seem not to be aware of… ;)
FORUM MOD!
Austria (at) Male

Topics Solved: 927

You know I a bit done, I am sharing metal music for free with no access restrictions on my blog and I do with all kinds of free services, ok my fileshare on Zippyshare can be a bit of lil hassle, still it is free to use and easy enough to use. So why bother..

If Horex is in earnest with his, then a major overhaul is needed.

• 1 likes this

Personal Motto:

My 80's Metal Blog
Bringer of Steel
United States (us) Male 

I also find the idea of the paysite outrageous, but as 'Horex' is a long-time member of this forum & a regular contributor i think he should be allowed the opportunity to defend himself and answer his critics, if he is indeed the same person.
It looks very much like it, but this is the internet & things are often not what they appear.
As pointed out by others, his activities outside of this blog, regardless of how reprehensible you or i may find them, are no business of ours unless they affect what we do here.
If he removes any links advertising that pay site from this forum, then as far as i'm concerned it's a matter for his conscience.
I wonder how recently it became a paysite, as i'm sure i've visited his blog in the past & that wasn't how it used to be run.
I've seen other blogs in the past who hosted the music on their own private servers, (such as 'Good Bad Music'), & once a year they'd ask for contributions to pay the annual server costs, which seemed fair enough to me. If you wanted to thank the guy for his work, show your appreciation, and keep the site running for another year, you could voluntarily chip in a little to help keep it going.
As soon as the amount required was raised, he'd stop accepting donations.
I thought that was a decent system, the fella was sharing his music with us for free, why should he be out of pocket for the server costs?
It was all done in the correct manner, and i'm sure he even posted his bills & statements from the hosting company to show that everything was 'above board'.
If this has perhaps been the motivation for Horex to adopt this paysite strategy, maybe he should reconsider and give the donation system a go instead.
Bringer of Steel
United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Topics Solved: 96

Hi ,

About You talk here please ... this link to my blog I´ve here min 4 years and nothing happened.

Piracy ... about You talk ? I think , that out of here, You're doing great drama.

In our blog is only around 10 members ... only my old friends and all donations are only for:

1. our hosting
2. our image hostings with 20 000 images
3. our 2 file hostings , where´re our links ready forever

We do not force anyone to join us...I also added this information on our blog, clever users will know, what this job is worth doing, if You do not live from ads.

I support Your forum here many many years without any requirement for earnings... and many others forum like Hard Rock City forum and many more...

Please put down Your weapons and be at ease my friends.

Thanks for understanding

Bye Horex
Name: Jerry Horex

Topics Solved: 0

Lord Bones wrote:Are you really a MOD? You shouldn't post the last 2 comments saying you can't take a certain action. More wise thing was to say like "I Will look into it" within 1 single comment. However the facts are clear.

Hey now, I do have a job to do offline, and I just wanted to reassure you that we'd deal with the issue, even though I couldn't do it myself at that moment in time. I resolve everything I have the time to do, but sometimes I can't and yes, I'll call in other mods for help as I did here, because we should function as a team after all, and really, it goes much further than just dropping the ban hammer instantly. There's things we definitely have to consider, especially when it comes to a dispute involving two longtime members who have both contributed considerable amounts here.

• 2 likes this
FORUM MOD!
Canada (ca) Male YouTube 

RunningWild wrote:Lateron I rejected some of his older submissions, wondering why they were approved back then (e.g. a 2011 album in 2013, approved by Emil himself).

I have warned Horex many times about posting reissues and available albums. I even removed him from the uploaders group when he didn't listen and kept uploading this stuff. I'm pretty sure I haven't approved uploads from him of available albums, if so it was a misstake... or this happend around the time he was a uploader ( = no approval was needed from admins or mods).

• 1 likes this
Sweden (se) Male   YouTube  
Name: Emil

Topics Solved: 1465

« Return to General Metal Discussions