Recommendations, Records, Collections, etc.
General Metal Discussions » A day in the life of a metalhead...
Since we are all fellow metalheads I would love to see how you guys get through
an average day... How does our beloved music affect your life ??

These are my daily 'metal' moments :

drive to work for 25 minutes : listening to metal music on my car Mp3
drive back from work 25 minutes : the same

When I get home : go running (I am a fanatic runner) for 45 minutes with my MP3 headset listening to ... metal of course.

Since I am the cook around the house, while preparing dinner : listening with the computer headset to new metal releases...

After dinner, surfing the net for a daily two hours, looking for new stuff, listening to a random collection of the finest metal tunes...

My wife and kids call me crazy. Please tell I am not the only one ???? (vking1)

Topics Solved: 0

shadowman wrote:My wife and kids call me crazy. Please tell I am not the only one ???? (vking1)

hahaha, i know that... (beer1)
Random avatar

Topics Solved: 1

Luckily I have a job where I can listen to headphones nearly all day... Of course, I'm not just listening to metal,
I also enjoy an audio series by Bob Proctor and Mary Morrisey called "Working With The Law," it helps me focus on my goals and making my life a success... But anyway, when I get home I'm usually doing music work in small pieces, since there's a radio show, music magazine AND classic albums section to concentrate on. Plus trying to have a personal life too, and what not... It's tough getting all that music stuff in...
Random avatar

knipser666 wrote:
shadowman wrote:My wife and kids call me crazy. Please tell I am not the only one ???? (vking1)

hahaha, i know that... (beer1)

hehehehe..; So I AM not the only one!
thanks for the moral support man ! (vking1)

VibrationsOfDoom wrote:Luckily I have a job where I can listen to headphones nearly all day... Of course, I'm not just listening to metal,
I also enjoy an audio series by Bob Proctor and Mary Morrisey called "Working With The Law," it helps me focus on my goals and making my life a success... But anyway, when I get home I'm usually doing music work in small pieces, since there's a radio show, music magazine AND classic albums section to concentrate on. Plus trying to have a personal life too, and what not... It's tough getting all that music stuff in...

A job where you can use headphones ?
Where do I apply ??? (hehe)

You are not the only one,
i am a college student , i wake up early in the morning, go to the college on foot listening some good shit of Metal while i am walking the streets. After the classes i go to the lunch time :) after the lunch i read that crap stuff of college while i am listening to my mp3 player again . In my home, i spend a lot of my time wandering in the internet in search of Metallic Wisdom if you now what i meant :)
Random avatar

spygandrew wrote:You are not the only one,
i am a college student , i wake up early in the morning, go to the college on foot listening some good shit of Metal while i am walking the streets. After the classes i go to the lunch time :) after the lunch i read that crap stuff of college while i am listening to my mp3 player again . In my home, i spend a lot of my time wandering in the internet in search of Metallic Wisdom if you now what i meant :)

Wohow Spygandrew. That's quite a few hours of daily metal as well !

Gotta keep the flame burning !! (vking1)

spygandrew wrote:You are not the only one,

Same here, mate (zombie)

As shadowman said before
Gotta keep the flame burning mates! Keep rockin'
Random avatar

I am one too!! (vking1)
Bringer of Steel

I need metal when working out at the Gym. Helps me stay pumped up for pumping Iron.
Random avatar

I am similar to yourself. I have a 30 minute each way commute to Glasgow and I listen to my iPod through the car radio. I also do the cooking and usually have Metal Internet radio playing. In the evening I listen between 6pm & midnight every night while surfing and working on a torrent site. Play my 1500+ vinyl LP collection and also mp3 rarities from the PC via my stereo. Listen through headphones later at night when I still want decent volume. My wife watches TV & daughter left home 10 years ago so I can please myself. I am 52 and have been listening since 1971 (vking1)

Daysbetween wrote:I am similar to yourself. I have a 30 minute each way commute to Glasgow and I listen to my iPod through the car radio. I also do the cooking and usually have Metal Internet radio playing. In the evening I listen between 6pm & midnight every night while surfing and working on a torrent site. Play my 1500+ vinyl LP collection and also mp3 rarities from the PC via my stereo. Listen through headphones later at night when I still want decent volume. My wife watches TV & daughter left home 10 years ago so I can please myself. I am 52 and have been listening since 1971 (vking1)

Wohow... You are even worse than me man !
Amazing ! Keep it up !

A typical day for me, during summer vacations (I am a college student, sort of, if you consider Community college as college) I wake up, shower, what have you. Sit down at my computer unless I have a plan for that day, and browse the web, while listening to Metal. for hours on end, even late into the night, and sometimes till the next morning. While I'm not the most active metalhead, I do love metal, everything from Black Sabbath to Amon Amarth. Maybe even throw some Yngwie Malmsteen in there for my fill of shredding.

"home 10 years ago so I can please myself. I am 52 and have been listening since 1971" wowww what a awesome HeadBanger career mate. As Ironzombie said before, Heavy Metal + Gym = perfect combination. Keep rockin' bros
Random avatar

well, i wake up in the morning and i drink my coffee while my speakers spit out hot steel.
i go to work. hot steel from 9:00 to 8:00.
i go home. i eat. then, hot steel until 2:00...
i sleep with hot steel in my ears..
i wake up.
and so it goes on and on and on.......
and this, from the age of 10. and i'm only 29......
Random avatar

Wake up in the morning,drink my orange juice.Study for 2 hrs and then...listen to my favourite bands.

ninja82 wrote:well, i wake up in the morning and i drink my coffee while my speakers spit out hot steel.
i wake up.

....and deaf at the age of 35 ;D (hehe) ;D (goblin)
Bringer of Steel

Oldmaniac wrote:
ninja82 wrote:well, i wake up in the morning and i drink my coffee while my speakers spit out hot steel.
i wake up.

....and deaf at the age of 35 ;D (hehe) ;D (goblin)

Sorry can't hear you... Speak louder dude !!!! (vking1)

I bring speakers to work, spend the day listening to metal at a decent volume, then go home and do the same. I have metal playing 60% of the day non stop. I consider myself a luck bastard ;D

« Return to General Metal Discussions