Recommendations, Records, Collections, etc.
General Metal Discussions » Worst Experiences at Metal/Hard Rock Concerts?
King Brude wrote:
riptorn wrote:A bunch of us went to see Slayer in November of 1994 at Glasgow's Barrowland Ballroom, with Machine Head who had then just recently released 'Burn My Eyes' supporting.

I'm sure that my brother was at that gig, and came home with Jeff Hanneman's red hoodie that he threw into the crowd!

Missed this comment when it was posted, sounds like your brother got a very cool souvenir of that night.
Jeff Hanneman R.I.P.
Bringer of Steel
United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Topics Solved: 150

riptorn mentioned I, Mother Earth
in the Thundermug (Can) - Reunion (2-CD) [Bootleg] (1988) [Soundboard] topic
viewtopic.php?f=143&t=59668#p249232

I seen I, Mother Earth first's show at The Spectrum, east end of Toronto on Danforth Avenue.
Recorded it on a small cassette recorder, and played it occasionally until a year or two later I realized they sucked, and were just a Janes Addiction ripoff.
(NOTE: some guys I talked to in the audience were making a big deal about their debut, as some of the musicians had been around the scene a long time, and ran a rehearsal building off Yonge Street that everybody started using, including Sacrifice).

I guess they got better, and more original on their albums, but I never bothered to check it out.
If I have any albums downloaded, it probably had to do with a video song I liked.

The other bands I think were Dark Legion and Glitch (with ex-Sudden Impact singer Johnny), and they both had an annoying buzzing sound through the PA, from what I recall.
The stage lights, even audience lights, that cold night, were barely on, and the huge club was pretty empty, and had a negative vibe that night.

Topics Solved: 800

one of the worst experience when i has like 18 years old, i went to a local concert and i was near the moshpit, then i was using glasses lens for vision correction, next thing is that one of the moshers didn't like my lens and he took it from me throwing it into the floor and then kicked it below the stage of the concert, i was trying to identify that asshole but as my vision was very bad and because of all the disorder of the moshpit it was impossible, i still stayed until the concert ended and enjoyed the show but the worst for me it was that those lens where like 40 dollars and i had lack of money as a student, maybe my worst experience. Maybe there should be another topic for the best experiences and share something more positive... (facepalm)

• 1 likes this
Bringer of Steel
Peru (pe) Male

Topics Solved: 12

i was headbanging/fistbanging at Metallica in 86 and spilled somebody's beer
thought i was gonna get my ass whipped by him and his friends
but then they eventually laughed....
probably the same guys that threw stuff on me later

Topics Solved: 800

LOGIN / REGISTER TO BE ABLE TO COMMENT ON POSTS + VOTE TO SEE HIDDEN LINKS

« Return to General Metal Discussions