New Releases, Promotion, Reunions, Newcomers etc.
Metal News / Promotion » ANGEL DUST (the german one) - Any news ???
Any news from ANGEL DUST??? (the german one)

I'm a big fan of this band and they seemed to disband a few years ago (afer releasing Of Human Bondage) and then they rejoin a few years later. Then... silence. Anyone has "fresh" news (2011) from the band?

Topics Solved: 14

Well,a few good months ago I spotted somewhere on the net they they were about to release a new album (then scheduled to be released end of 2010) called "Tales of Ashes And Dust", but since nothing happened so far-don't think it's gonna be out soon (if ever),cheers
Random avatar

Topics Solved: 1

At one point also I heard it was just one original band member. True? Great band no doubt.
United States (us) Male 
Name: Andy

Topics Solved: 0

One of the very best. Their classic albums are great - To Dust You Will Decay I think is a masterpiece, and when the reformed to put out Border of Reality, I was floored by how great this album was. It still is a favorite of mine, and Bleed was great too. Their last couple weren't quite as good, but still much better than just about everything else coming out at the time. There was a big fight at the end and the band exploded, too bad. I hope they can get something together again.
Bringer of Steel

Topics Solved: 18

Some years ago were plenty rumours about album with title " VII ". It even was included somewhere
in list of " future releases " etc.
But nothing more for last 2-3 years.

I'm prefer "new version " of band ( 97 - 2002 ) . 86 's album also good , but " To dust ..." i don't like
because of singer mr.Coe .

sulzer wrote:Some years ago were plenty rumours about album with title " VII ". It even was included somewhere
in list of " future releases " etc.
But nothing more for last 2-3 years.

I'm prefer "new version " of band ( 97 - 2002 ) . 86 's album also good , but " To dust ..." i don't like
because of singer mr.Coe .

I'm generally not a big fan of Schellko-L-Coe, for instance that C.O.E. album was pretty bad, but his best performance was on that Angel Dust album. Well, he was very good in Scanner - Terminal Earth, actually, although I prefer Major Knoblich on Hypertrace! But I agree, the "new version" with Dirk just slayed - Border of Reality and Bleed are the best stuff they've ever done IMO (vking1)
Bringer of Steel

Topics Solved: 18

That band is missing in action, i hope they'll return soon!
Random avatar

great band...
Random avatar

Angel Dust rules With S.L. Cole. Scanner Terminal Earth is a must have album, if you like that kind of stuff.

I have all metal records with S.L. Coe as lead singer- because music of all of them is good .
And some records which were produced by him ( Morbid Jesters ,Panacea , Gallows Pole ). He's strong composer and producer. But i don't like his voice at all.

I have only Terminal Earth and To dust you Will Decay. I understand if you don't like his voice as it's nasally. Sulzer what would you say is your personal favorite recording that S.L. Cole did?

From top
1. Term.earth
2. Reactor - Farewell to reality
3. Dust
4. C.O.E.- Metal ( not masterpiece , but i wasn't dissapoined )

Also good record related to him is Morbid Jester - Gates to Valhlla - he is producer and so-composer.
Panacea - Pray nice produced, but music quiet shitty.

I have to say, Angel Dust are definitely one of my favourite bands ever, and on the day that Tales From Ashes and Dust does eventually get released, I will happily buy bulk loads of it. If to make up for not being able to get Into the Dark Past, Border of Reality, Bleed and Of Human Bondage. But those days will come. Soon.
Random avatar
 Male
Name: Dave

Bernd Auffermann, the guitar player of the band, said a "few" months ago that they were back, with a new singer. After that, and another "few" months later he said that Dirk returned to the band and they were ready to enter the studio. After that... silence.

I you like Angel Dust you must listen to Mercury Tide (Dirk's solo band). They released a non-CD song at their Myspace a few months ago.

About COE, I really like To Dust You Will Decay and Farewell to Reality (from Reactor), but he also has a lot of bad albums.

Topics Solved: 14

Only "to dust you will decay" Is teh best
Random avatar
 Male

Best album is INTO THE DARK PAST for sure- one of the best Thrash albums ever.
The later stuff was Meh! weak.
but to each their own i guess.
United Kingdom (uk) MaleYouTube 

« Return to Metal News / Promotion