New Releases, Promotion, Reunions, Newcomers etc.
Metal News / Promotion » DETEST - Thundersteel Reissue (now confirmed), any interest?

DETEST - Thundersteel Reissue, any interest?

Yes, on Vinyl
57%
Yes, on CD
43%
No Interest
No votes

Total votes : 28

Sweden (se) Male   YouTube  
Name: Emil

Topics Solved: 1467

Guys! I'm sorry to let you know that there will not be any vinyls made with Detest in the near future. I am too up to my work with my current project Nocturnal Alliance, so there is not enough fundings for such a release. I also checked with The Cutting Room whom mastered the Thundersteel EP, and they have no blueprints left, which in my world was a must to get the same vibe as the EP.

The CD-compilation is re-mastered, yes, but that was just to put it in the CD-sound-environment, which is a little more bass, and a little less treble as it brings a much more sharp sound to the ears by default.

I'm sad to let you down all of you who long and wait for a vinyl of Detest, but I hope you enjoy the work myself and Iordan put down to get the compilation made with stuff from all our demo's.

Enjoy and rock on, guys!

• 2 likes this
Random avatar
Sweden (se) Male
Name: Micke Darth

Topics Solved: 0

any chance to re-release the missing demos/tracks? I've seen there are many more which were left off the 2xCD on Stormspell
Random avatar
Italy (it) Male 
Name: Filippo

Topics Solved: 4

Filippo>> No, there is not much chance of this. The reason it became a double-CD was that I was very specific and eager in my negotiations with Stormspell that it would be a release containing all Detest-material that was good enough for a release. Mind you, none of the demo's have been set for release earlier, just the Thundersteel EP is an official release, and much of our intentions to do a lot of work in the studio was to learn the ways we could work there, and was looking forward to do more releases in the future, but not with our own money that time. We never got around to releasing anything more of Detest since the band was split in '91 due to the fact that I instead helped Finn Zierler to form Twilight (later Beyond Twilight).

That was a long version, sorry. I don't really think the rest of the tracks is good enough for release, and I can't really put my name to such a release. That might be a hard fact to deal with for die-hard-fans, but the tracks aren't just potent enough in my opinon.

\nn/
Random avatar
Sweden (se) Male
Name: Micke Darth

Topics Solved: 0

« Return to Metal News / Promotion