New Releases, Promotion, Reunions, Newcomers etc.
Metal News / Promotion » Saxon (NWOBHM) - news thread
good album. 7/10.
Random avatar
 Male
Name: eduardo jose pereira

Topics Solved: 0

I really like this album.
Random avatar
 Male
Name: Diego

Haven't bought their album yet,but am thinking of going to their show when they hit my town.
Random avatar

I also got into Saxon when I heard "Wheels of steel". I remember hearing it on the radio, but they didn't say who it was, so I had that song stuck in my head, didn't really speak much English back then (being around 12 yrs old, not THAT surprising!), so I couldn't say for sure what the title was, in other words: I knew nothing that could be of any help.

A few weeks later I walked by an electronics store that nalso sold new 7" records and usually had about a dozen of them on display in the window. I saw the "Wheels of steel" single and somehow I just knew "That's it!". I went inside and spent my lunch money for the week on said 7" - I started buying their albums soon after that.

So this is how it started and I still like Saxon and respect them a big deal. I gotta agree that I am always a bit sceptical about new releases by them, some were not that good (compared to the classics), but I think mthe new one sounds quite okay. I hate it when they sound too overproduced and polished in a modern way, when the drum kit sounds like they've triggered the trigger signal.... I need to listen to it more often in order to properly make up my mind.

They'll play in town along with Anvil later this year, no way I'm gonna miss this, still an awesome live band!
For those interested, you can find their new video here! Enjoy!
Bringer of Steel
 Male

It's an decent album. I still love the old Saxon though
Random avatar
 Male

you can never go wrong with saxon
Random avatar

Awesome! Gotta get this.
Random avatar
 Male

It's an awesome album!
Random avatar
 Male

Very good album!!!
Random avatar
 Male

Yeah, it's awesome album!
Random avatar

so are they still worth checking out live if and when they ever thunder closer to the northwestern US where i live??
Random avatar

It's a decent album, not quite as awesome as the classic saxon albums, but well done nonetheless.
Random avatar

It was sad to hear that Paul Quinn has had to retire from touring with the metal band Saxon. But in Brian Tatler they have recruited a quality replacement. Brian was of course the Main Man and driving force of the British metal band Diamond Head, who are one of the most exciting live bands ever to grace the live stage.
Random avatar
France (fr) FemaleFemale

Steve Dawson, a founding member of Saxon, and the group's bassist from 1975 to 1986, has been jailed for six years for historic child sex offences.
In a trial concluded at Sheffield Crown Court yesterday, April 11, Dawson, 72, was found guilty of repeatedly abusing a six-year-old girl during the 1990s. On March 21, the former musician had been found guilty of four counts of indecent assault of a child under 14.
In a statement printed on the Doncaster Free Press website, Detective Constable Robert Heath, the officer in charge of the case commented: “Stephen Dawson thought he had got away with committing these horrific crimes against a young, vulnerable victim 30 years ago.
“She has shown extraordinary strength through coming forward and throughout the course of the investigation, resulting in Dawson spending a number of years in prison.
“It is clear that his evil acts have remained with her throughout her life, and I hope this sentence goes some way to allowing her to move on from these traumatic events."

https://www.loudersound.com/news/former ... x-offences
Bringer of Steel
United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Topics Solved: 149

LOGIN / REGISTER TO BE ABLE TO COMMENT ON POSTS + VOTE TO SEE HIDDEN LINKS

« Return to Metal News / Promotion