Bootlegs [Speed / Thrash] » Metallica (US) - Jam Tape [Bootleg] (1982)
  • http://i.imgur.com/7quDC2Q.png
    Artist: Metallica
    Release: 1982 Jam Tape
    Genre: Thrash Metal
    Bitrate: 192 Kbps
    Hidden Link
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here´s a little treat for you... A SUPER RARE (or not) recording from 1982 by the original line-up:
    James Hetfield, Lars Ulrich, Dave Mustaine and Ron McGovney. Pay attention on the last riffs...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    13 Tracks
    Portugal (pt) Male
    Name: Ernesto Ferreira

Topics Solved: 1

A very interesting look inside the early creative process of what was yet to com.
    I can relate very well having been there done that. I still have tons of "ideas" tapes from 36 years ago.
    Hearing the birth of Creeping Death and Fight Fire With Fire is pretty cool!
    With a little bit of Bad Omen thrown in for good measure
    Awesome post
    United States (us) Male
    Name: Chris

Topics Solved: 0

This jam tape is very very weird.

I don't believe it's a 1982 document. At that time, metallica didn't have that heavy sound and didn't have the ability to play that riffs. They only had "hit the lights" and some cover songs.

I can recognize the voice of Lars and teenage voice of James , so I believe it's a real metallica document (not sure at 100%). They play some Escape and Ride the lightning riffs. I believe it's a 1983/1984 document. "Escape" is supposed to be a song quickly created before the recording of Ride. I can also recognize on track 9 & 10 a "to live is to die" riff (from And Justice for all)

It's still weird that this rehearsal has never been bootleged before. Where does it come from ?
    Random avatar
    Banned
    France (fr) Male

Topics Solved: 0

toccata wrote:This jam tape is very very weird.

I don't believe it's a 1982 document. At that time, metallica didn't have that heavy sound and didn't have the ability to play that riffs. They only had "hit the lights" and some cover songs.

I can recognize the voice of Lars and teenage voice of James , so I believe it's a real metallica document (not sure at 100%). They play some Escape and Ride the lightning riffs. I believe it's a 1983/1984 document. "Escape" is supposed to be a song quickly created before the recording of Ride. I can also recognize on track 9 & 10 a "to live is to die" riff (from And Justice for all)

It's still weird that this rehearsal has never been bootlegged before. Where does it come from ?

This 1982 Jam Tape has been shared online a lot if you were on the right website (since 2008 at least as far as I know).
    Probably was around the same time Ron McGovney sold his perfect sounding cassette of the No Life 'til Leather Demo on ebay.
    Could be he shared some of the rehearsal tapes too.
    After 2000-2001, also was when Exodus,Megadeth,Slayer,etc., bootlegs,demo tapes,rehearsals on vinyl-CD-R's-tapes started getting sold on Ebay and eventually uploaded onto forums and youtube.

• 1 likes this
    FORUM MOD!

Topics Solved: 800

LOGIN / REGISTER TO BE ABLE TO COMMENT ON POSTS + VOTE TO SEE HIDDEN LINKS

« Return to Bootlegs [Speed / Thrash]