Bootlegs [Heavy / Power] » Trilogy (Aus) - Live at The City Hotel, Perth [Soundboard Bootleg] (9/9-1983)
  • https://i.imgur.com/TZ6ag90.png

Artist: Trilogy
    Release: Live Soundboard recording 9th September 1983 The City Hotel, Perth.
    Genre: Heavy Metal
    Bitrate: 320kbs
    Hidden Link
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Perth band's Saracen and Trilogy had a lot in common. They were both three piece bands that featured Jon Ryder on vocals, bass and synth's. Heavily influenced by Rush, Saracen had Ashley Cooke on drums and Trilogy had Pete Thompson. Saracen had John Meyer (ended up in Rose Tattoo for a little while) on guitar and Trilogy had Jamie Page.

Saracen came along first and so by the time Trilogy were playing gigs (a couple of years later and at the same places that Saracen used to play) they would occasionally include 'old' Saracen songs in their repertoire to try and appease the die-hard Saracen fans inevitably in the audience.

Here are live renditions of five Saracen songs as played by Trilogy throughout the night on 9th September 1983. I was at the gig and as usual it was an awesome show.

A rip from the tygerhead collection.

Line-up:
    Jon Ryder (v/b/synth)
    Peter Thompson (d)
    Jamie Page (g)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Anything wrong
    2. In the morning
    3. Lake Monger duck
    4. Three years
    5. On the run
    Bringer of Steel
    Australia (au) Male
    Name: Stuart

Topics Solved: 30

Mega thanks!! Love this band and thought as a good idea to paste some live pix from the band from an 80's Metal Hammer issue!! CHEERS!!!

https://i.imgur.com/rOK2AHv.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/pHspErm.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/kS0hszQ.jpg

• 2 likes this
    Random avatar
    FORUM MOD!
    Greece (gr) Male
    Name: PANOS

Topics Solved: 41

And re the crossing over between Trilogy and Saracen, as you can see with these photos that is John Meyer (The Saracen guitarist) in the pics. Trilogy almost always only had one guitarist... Jamie Page. But for a while there were two guitarists... Peter Jenkins (I had forgotten that, info courtesy from "KennyT") and briefly Dean Howard from NWOBHMB band 'Ore'. And of course maybe John Meyer was in the guitar slot for a while (but I can't remember... too long ago).

And although not a great picture that does look like the Trilogy drummer Pete Thompson on the drums.

• 1 likes this
    Bringer of Steel
    Australia (au) Male
    Name: Stuart

Topics Solved: 30

LOGIN / REGISTER TO BE ABLE TO COMMENT ON POSTS + VOTE TO SEE HIDDEN LINKS

« Return to Bootlegs [Heavy / Power]