V/A Tributes » V/A - Working for the Machine: A Tribute to Circus Of Power [Compilation] (2008)
  • https://i.postimg.cc/7ZHXhrvX/folder.jpg

Artist: V/A
    Release: Working For The Machine: A Tribute To Circus Of Power
    Genres: Hard Rock/Heavy Rock/Heavy Metal/Rock 'n' Roll
    Bitrate: 320 kbps
    Hidden Link
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album ... -of-power/

VARIOUS ARTISTS - Working For The Machine: A Tribute To Circus Of Power (2008) USA
    No Label [Limited Edition] (Sold exclusively through circusofpower.net - now defunct)

https://i.postimg.cc/FK1ZbbHL/Various-WFTM-ATribute-To-COP-Front.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/VkKgbZmw/Various-WFTM-ATribute-To-COP-Back.jpg

CIRCUS OF POWER is an American Heavy Rock band initially formed in New York City in 1986 by ex-CRUCIAL TRUTH singer Alex Mitchell, guitarist Ricky Beck Mahler & bassist Gary Sunshine (ex-SCREAMING SNEAKERS).
    Their brand of Bluesy, bad-ass biker rock was the perfect backdrop for their lyrical swagger which wove stories of debauchery and depravity from the wrong side of the tracks.
    Lyrically and visually, the heavily tattooed Circus Of Power were influenced by the biker lifestyle and to this day they still play at biker events and festivals.
    The group played the club circuit in New York for several years, signing a record contract with RCA Records after impressing the label with a 4 song demo produced by Daniel Rey.
    In July 1987, prior to the recording of their debut album, drummer Joey 'Wrecked' Maya quit the band and was replaced by ex-TANAKA man Ryan Maher.
    The band released their self titled debut album in 1988, to much critical acclaim within the Hard Rock/Heavy Metal scene.
    Circus Of Power then hit the road, playing clubs as headliners & supporting bigger names like DANZIG, BLUE OYSTER CULT, PANTERA, RAMONES & FAITH NO MORE.
    They also appeared on TV, performing 2 songs live on the Morton Downey Jr. Show, with former KISS guitarist ACE FREHLEY joining them for one song.
    By that time Gary Sunshine had switched from bass to guitar and former LEEWAY & DEATHCORPS member 'Zowie' Ackermann had joined as bass guitarist, expanding the group to a five piece.
    Following their debut with a stop-gap live Mini LP called 'Still Alive & Well' (which was released by Metal Blade Records), Circus Of Power then recorded another well received studio album 'Vices' in 1990, released once again through RCA Records.
    On the back of these two albums and strong media support, Circus Of Power was chosen to be the lone opening band on BLACK SABBATH's European tour for their 1990 album 'Tyr'.
    The group then returned to the UK for a headlining tour, before rejoining Sabbath for a run of German concert dates.
    Another live Mini LP 'Live At The Ritz' was circulated as a vinyl promo in the U.S. and was given official release in Japan to coincide with their 2nd visit to that country.
    In 1992, the group toured the U.S. supporting ALICE IN CHAINS on their highly successful 'Dirt' tour with MASTERS OF REALITY as the 3rd band on the bill.
    The band then relocated to Los Angeles & recruited bassist Marc Frappier & ex-REDD KROSS & SAMIAM drummer Vic 'The Stick' Indrizzio to replace the departing Zowie & Maher.
    This new look line up then signed with Columbia Records before recording 4 different demo tapes for the label to hear. These recordings comprised of 22 tracks in total, most of which were never subsequently included on the eventual album.
    They finally recorded & released their third album 'Magic And Madness' in 1993 and immediately set off on an extensive headlining U.S. tour with GRUNTRUCK & COLLISION as their support acts.
    The new record had a more commercial bent overall than their previous releases and featured Alice In Chains guitarist Jerry Cantrell guesting on 'Heaven & Hell', a song which he'd written specifically for the band, and Ian Asbury from THE CULT also appeared as a guest vocalist on 'Shine'.
    Circus Of Power disbanded in 1994 after being dropped by Columbia as the 'Magic And Madness' album hadn't sold as well as the label expected.
    Although commercial success had ultimately eluded the band, in their prime they were much lauded by the likes of Kerrang! magazine, who featured them on their front cover multiple times and awarded their first two albums five 'K's (their top rating for an album).
    After the group's dissolution, Gary Sunshine joined N.Y. LOOSE, appearing on several of their singles & EP's but he left the band before their major label 'Year Of The Rat' album was recorded.
    Marc Frappier would briefly play with industrial metallers SKREW, whilst Indrizzio played with MASTERS OF REALITY & GAMMA RAY, which was an early incarnation of QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE before they adopted the new name to avoid confusion with Kai Hansen's post-HELLOWEEN band. He's since become an in-demand session player.
    Singer Alex Mitchell would go on to write several books whilst keeping himself busy musically with outfits like FAT NANCY, PLASTIC GATOR MACHINE, UNCLE MAX'S COSMIC BAND & CAPTAIN ZAPPED.
    Mitchell has in recent years resurrected the Circus Of Power name, putting together a brand new line up and releasing a new studio album entitled 'Four' in 2017.
    A six song Mini LP entitled 'The Process Of Illumination' followed in 2020, with an exclusive digital single called 'Working Class Superstar' released the year after.

https://i.postimg.cc/CLHmwL2z/C-O-P-Promo.jpg

Back in March of 2008, Bob, the webmaster at circusofpower.net (now defunct), put out a call for bands through outlets like blabbermouth & sleazeroxx to participate in a tribute CD to CIRCUS OF POWER.
    He explained, 'I get a lot of e-mails that say “my band covers this, my band covers that”, so I’m thinking to myself, let’s get these Swamp Boogie salutes in one cool package.
    I will charge for the CD exactly what it costs me to label the CD, print the inserts and pack and ship the CD. No one is making ANY money off of this, including myself.
    If anything I’ll lose some, but it’s all for Rock 'n' Roll. This is just a way to say, hey C.O.P., thanks for the jams.
    Rock 'n' Roll in the hands of the people. I think this has the possibility to be a very cool thing.'
    The CD, entitled 'Working For The Machine : A Tribute To Circus Of Power', was released in October that same year and featured 15 tracks recorded specifically for the album, with 4 additional previously recorded C.O.P. covers included as bonus tracks.
    The limited edition disc was sold exclusively through circusofpower.net and the entire run sold out quickly making it quite sought after by C.O.P. fans nowadays.

art & txt included
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    01. Nancy Hole - Motor
    02. Medicine Ball Caravan - Call Of The Wild
    03. Wolf King - Heart Attack
    04. Rusty Eye - Mama Tequila
    05. Gudenlawd - Waitin' For The Wizard
    06. Hell Dormer - Letters Home
    07. J.D. Nash & Red Circle - Needles
    08. Bourbon & Branch - Circles
    09. Almighty Lumberjacks Of Death - In The Wind
    10. Burnaby Leather - Doctor Potion