FORUM RULES

Help and support questions only

Support » MODERATORS, please DO YOUR JOB or RETIRE!
  • Dear Moderators, hi Emil,

writing these lines is my (last) haunting appeal to change something in this forum!

Here´s my Petition:
    1.  Announce some new Moderators.
    Right now there are 3 Moderators in this forum:
    jasonkont (Last visit: 24 Jul 2015)
    mevistox5 (Last visit: 01 Sep 2015)
    malinku (Last visit: 27 Jul 2014)
    Status quo: None of them have been really active since July. - The only thing that works in here is the registration of new users (and I doubt it´s a good idea to enlarge the amount of multiple nicks for identical persons day by day), otherwise this forum is unmaintained!
    Don´t get me wrong Mods, I got deep & proper respect for your previous work at this board in any way!
    You did an excellent job: Together with great uploaders you kept this board alive - your reputation shows this impressively!
    But times change, the forum has grown (14.900 members) and right now there reigns chaos and anarchy.
    It is Emil´s right to stay away as long as he wants to, but this does not count for moderators!
    It´s not a shame to admit not having enough time. Just tell Emil so he can set up new ones.

2.  Give Uploaders the right to approve new posts.
    @Emil: Why don´t you burden the maintenance onto more shoulders?
    My idea is: An Uploader is proven good enough to decide if his own posts are allowed in here & meet the rules, so why can´t he do the same thing for others?
    This would guarantee a quick approval, a vivid varied mix of new posts and maybe encourage others to upload themselves.
    Status quo: The last 150 uploads have been made by Uploaders, the last non-uploader post was unlocked on 09 Jun 2015!
    There must be a huge queue for new uploads - 3 months later they´re still waiting for approval.
    This is very frustrating for those who wants to share but cannot. I figured that we actually lose users with this behaviour.
    Case examples

Example 1: Only 3 months after being registered a new member wanted to contribute. [How long does it take to upload a video?] He stepped in a few times, but lost his interest some weeks lateron and wasn´t seen here thereafter.
    Example 2: The tricky one … actually made me smile:
    Another user found a smart way how to publish without approval. He registered an alter ego, setting up some requests which he himself would solve very pleased. Additionally this gives good reputation and solved points by the way.
    Being annoyed by this attitude initially, it made me smile lateron. - Not that I would approve this behaviour, nor does it reflect the spirit of this board, but at least someone made his thoughts about the situation and found a solution. (yep)

The way too long approval time has been criticized in many posts [e.g. here & there and other complaints], but yet without reaction from official side.
    To sum it up: Uploaders are ranked "Bringers of Steel" in here, so let them do so! - Enough of them are willing to help out, just instruct them. ;)

3.  Fix the bugs which unhide hidden links.
    I already stated my detailed thoughts to this, so I´ll keep this point short:
    Either someone fixes various bugs that make "hidden links" visible or you drop the [Thanks] & reputation thing at all.
    Anything else will just lead to confusion and annoyance, this has been discussed several times in here. [e.g. A bunch of dudes saying thanks... or Moderators, need some help…]

Actually there are many other things to do in here (I´d have many suggestions), but I tried to concentrate on the most urgent ones.
    If you think I´m too harsh, consider that I´m not doing this because I don´t care, but I´m doing this as I simply love this forum!

I´m still hoping for any reaction from your side… and of course I´m curious if other members agree with my petition.
    Let´s see what this discussion will bring… ;)
    RunningWild
    FORUM MOD!
    Austria (at) Male

Topics Solved: 927

I agree all what you have said. I already tried to share 10 masterpieces approximately, and I am not able. I would love to share.

Somebody who's friend of Emil here, please, try communicate with Emil by e-mail, or some social network to solve this problem.
    Banned
    Brazil (br) Male
    Name: Pelu

Topics Solved: 62

Yeah, the forum is slowly dying because of these spammers and leechers. I really miss the good old times when Strappado and Jasonkont were active.

I would like to be an moderator as well. I don't upload much like other members, but I'm active since I registered (two years and five months ago). I could help deleting all these insignificant "thanks" (these short posts, made just to see the hidden link. It's annoying.) , accepting queued uploads (since no one is doing this), and chasing down spammers and leechers just like RunningWild is doing. (yep)

• 1 likes this
    FORUM MOD!
    Brazil (br) Male 
    Name: Mauro

Topics Solved: 9

Well, today is sunday, day off (likely in Sweden, USA, Netherlands and Greece today is day off also). Some of moderators or the administrator could to came here. It is all very mysterious, because Emil and Jasonkont don't answers me by email when I have said about. Somebody own the e-mail of Malinku or Nico? If have, send for me here via PM if possible. I will never disclose to nobody.
    Banned
    Brazil (br) Male
    Name: Pelu

Topics Solved: 62

Good idea, many "Uploaders" not connected since 2011 and others since 2013, should provide an opportunity for other members of which are connected very often, if you just give me a chance to be "Uploaders" (thanks) (thanks) , or other members of which are connect and share new link look like or share publications link expired.
    For some warmth from someone ...
    Bringer of Steel
    Peru (pe) Male 
    Name: John

Topics Solved: 46

In addition to your second point on the uploaders approving posts, I would suggest uploaders who have been around for a long time rather than newer uploaders being able to approve new posts. I'd be willing to approve uploads from new members, having been an uploader for a few years now and know what posts should look like, as do several other longtime uploaders around here.

• 1 likes this
    FORUM MOD!
    Canada (ca) Male YouTube 
    Name: Tachi Ikoma

Topics Solved: 16

Hi guys sorry I have been very busy and had some "personal" issues/problems or what you can call it.
    I will give some guys here moderator rights (I already have some of you in mind and will PM you ASAP).

Till then please stay positive. I will do my best to keep the forum alive.

• 5 likes this
    Sweden (se) Male   YouTube  
    Name: Emil

Topics Solved: 1468

I have given some of your moderator rights. RunningWild, Killtava, TadakatsuH0nda, canadaspaceman you have been caring about the forum and what it stands for so I think you deserve the right to keep some order here till im back.

I trust in your knowledge and hope you will keep the forum running as it was intended to.

Cheers and cya soon :)

• 4 likes this

Hi Emil,

big thanks for finally showing up. :D
    To speak for all new Moderators: Thanks for the faith in us.
    We will do our best to keep this forum and its spirit alive!

I just want to state that I never asked for Moderator rights for myself, so I have mixed feelings:
    Of course I´m feeling honored and I will take this as a chance to serve the forum as good as I can.
    On the other hand I´m concerned as this is a time-consuming task and it´ll handicap some other activities.
    However, I´ll take this burden as given. ;)

I just learned how the mod tools work and did the first approvals (#1, #2).
    But there´s still a lot of other points we have to figure about, like merging posts and the like.
    We´ll contact you after collecting all open questions…

@new Mods:
    After learning how this new tools work, we´ll have to synchronize our activities.

@Forum:
    Please have a little patience. We´ll do the best to work off the huge approval queue, but this will take some time.
    Please note that for fairness reasons we have to go from the oldest submission to the most recent one.
    I noticed a couple of double postings in the queue, please don´t be angry if we have to disapprove them. The first one "wins".
    Because many old uploads are going to be approved or disapproved the [Recent Upload] menu won´t show them on the first page. This is sorted by posting date, not approval date - thus you might have to go back some pages!

To sum it up:
    @new Mods: Let´s revive this board!
    @Members:  Let´s keep the uploads coming!

• 1 likes this
    FORUM MOD!
    Austria (at) Male

Topics Solved: 927

RunningWild thanks for taking care of the upload queue.
    Do you have facebook? in that case i can make you mod there as well and you can just post the link to the uploads you approve and they will show up in the recent post feed on the fan page: https://www.facebook.com/RareMetal

• 1 likes this

Many thanks to all the new mods for taking on the job(s).
    As previously noted, (and seen here many times over the last few months), without the vital work the moderators do here the board becomes a much less fun place to be & quickly descends into chaos.
    The rest of us here can do our part to help the mods out by ensuring we are familiar with the forum rules & adhering to them.
    Get involved by helping fill re-upload requests when you can, provide information when members ask questions, participate in the discussions here & provide suggestions to help the forum run smoother.
    The forum is only as good as it's members, and lately it hasn't been great here, so let's up our game folks & help return the forum to it's former glory.
    A toast to the new mods:
    (cheers1)

• 1 likes this
    Bringer of Steel
    United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Topics Solved: 96

! canadaspaceman wrote:
    Moved this question from the Download section to here

inflames42 wrote:@canadaspaceman, sorry for disturbing like this, but i cant send you a PM, i have a question
    some time ago i submitted a metallica compilation with different recordings from 1982 to 1983, but it didnt get through..
    can you do something about that?

I seen it in the queue, but I will not approve it.
    Maybe another moderator will.

I am a Metallica-early era fan, and have most of the rehearsals/demo's that have been available for download out there,
    so,
    I got a problem with 3 parts of the submission.
    You did not supply specific dates for the following, and no specific bitrates for each part, including the concerts

inflames42 wrote:I didn't add the No Life Til Leather and Power Metal demos, because they are well known.
    1982 - Demos with Dave Mustaine
    1982-1983 Outtakes
    1983 - Early Live Recordings

That is not enough info for me.
    If I use the search function, will I find that all of this material already posted on the forum?

These mega-posts you create are great for anyone that has never downloaded before,
    but not for others who already most of it, or are looking only to find a better audio bitrate.
    FORUM MOD!
    Canada (ca) Male 

Topics Solved: 341

most of those are not here,and i did specify the bitrate if i remember correctly, i think all of them are 320
    they are in the best quality that you can find,that's something i can guarantee
    Romania (ro) Male
    Name: Richard

Topics Solved: 9

I am looking, and you are right in one point. maybe not everything is on the forum, at least not in a proper manner.
    The March 1982 tracks are spread out over different bootlegs and rehearsal tape submissions.
    I quoted your submission, and as you see, no specific bitrates for each part, and no specific dates

inflames42 wrote:most of those are not here,and i did specify the bitrate if i remember correctly, i think all of them are 320
    they are in the best quality that you can find,that's something i can guarantee

inflames42 wrote:Artist: Metallica
    Release: 1982-1983 Recordings
    Genre: Speed/Thrash Metal
    Bitrate: 128-320
    ►Link
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Brought to you by many tapers and bootlegers around the world,put together by me.
    I didn't add the No Life Til Leather and Power Metal demos, because they are well known.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    1982 - Demos with Dave Mustaine :
    1.Hit the Lights
    2.The Mechanix
    3.Motorbreath
    4.Jump in the Fire
    5.Seek and Destroy
    6.Metal Militia
    7.Phantom Lord
    8.Killing Time
    9.Let it Loose

1982-1983 Outtakes :