Singles [Heavy / Power] » [DEAD LINK] Paradize (Swe) - Caress of Steel / Coming Home [Single] (1980)
  • THIS POST HAVE DEAD LINKS
    REQUEST A REUPLOAD HERE

CHECK SUBMITTED REQUESTS BEFORE POSTING A NEW ONE!

http://i.imgur.com/skbbr.png

Artist: Paradize
    Release: Caress of Steel, / Coming Home, Single 1980
    Genre: Melodic Hard / Heavy Metal
    Bitrate: 320kbps
    ►Dead Link
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Special thanks goes out to Nico for helping me with a copy of the single!. Thanks bro'.
    I recently did some scans of it, they can be found in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=130&t=1446

PARADIZE'S one and only release was this 7" single issued by ORI Record in 1980 [#ORI 0704].
    A catchly little melodic jewel with heavy guitars!. Features no less than the veteran Janne Stark of
    OVERDRIVE, LOCOMOTIVE BREATH among others. This was actually his first band before he formed
    OVERDRIVE later in 1980. Janne are also the man behind the well known Swedish Hard Rock and
    Heavy Metal
    encyclopedias. An interview with him can be found here.

Should ofcourse not be confused with PARADIZE who released the 7" 'Shes Breaking My Heart Again'

Pelle Thuresson - Guitar / Vocals
    Magnus Petersson - Keyboards
    Age Karlsson - Drums
    Janne Stark - Guitars
    Kenth Eriksson - Bass
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Caress of Steel
    2. Coming Home
    Sweden (se) Male   YouTube  
    Name: Emil

Topics Solved: 1467

To add to the bio part:
    We started out playing covers by Goddo, Styx, REO Speedwagon, Saxon, (quite a mix) and then started wrting our own stuff. We also recorded a demo, but noone in the band can find it.
    Around October/November 1979 we recorded the single in the ORI studio (where I also recorded a demo with my previous band TNT *). Unfortunately the recording was made in mono, so we had to return to the studio and re-record it a few weeks later. It was just straight into a four-track machine in a very primitive studio with very few overdubs.
    The single was printed in 250 copies, which we folded the covers for ourselves and we paid for everything ourselves. ORI was not a label, only a studio.
    Another funny thing is the cover artwork was a beautiful handmade greyscale drawing, which the guy who made the printing messed up totally. Since it was cheaper to print just black and white he simply drew over the painting with sharp black ink, which made the artist faint when he saw the finished result :-).
    The single was released in January 1980 and not long after I (Janne) started talking to Kenta Svensson of local rockers Ocean about forming a realt metal band, since we were both into the NWoBHM. He drafted Ocean colleague Kjell and I drafted Pelle and Kenth. Paradize split (Magnus quit playing and Age played in various local bands like Magus, Something etc).

*TNT was formed around 1976-77 by myself (Janne) and Pelle Thuresson. We started out playing together, big fans of 70s bands like The Sweet, Deep Purple, Blue Öyster Cult, Budgie, Rush etc. We met Ola Persson, who introduced us to Ted Nugent. We then found old school mate Janne Gummesson and formed Blue Marlin, which became Flash, which became TNT. As TNT we recorded a demo in ths ORI studio. The songs were Asfaltsrock (later recorded by Ola's band Turbo), Danger, Route 66 (Stones cover), Napoleon Bona Part 1 (Budgie cover) and You Get It. Live we did covers of Kal P Dal, Budgie, Black Sabbath, Sex Pistols, Rush, Magnus Uggla (Jag skiter), Blue Öyster Cult etc. Quite a mix!

• 2 likes this
    Sweden (se) Male

Topics Solved: 0

« Return to Singles [Heavy / Power]