Band Questions »  [SOLVED] Requiem (UK) [Looking for Info]
  • supposedly had a 1980 demo, can't even find anyone who has clasped eyes or ears on it...does this one actually exist?
    Random avatar

Topics Solved: 0

Quoted from the bands Official Website: http://www.rekuiem.com/biography.htm
    After many rehearsals the band stepped out at first into the Midlands vibrant music environment and began to play local gigs at venues such as Cannock Forum (no longer in existence) and the famous Lafayette club in Wolverhampton where just about anybody famous had played in their early days. The band soon built up a strong local following and began to spread their wings further afield. This period also produced some early demos recorded at M.R.S. studios in Walsall which are an exceptionally rare find today. (if you have one, it's probably worth a small fortune). These sold well at gigs, to the extent that eventually the pressure for a vinyl release became too much to resist.

So yes demos exist but I have neither seen or spoken with anyone who owns a copy.
    Maybe some NWOBHM-maniac here knows more.

• 1 likes this
    Sweden (se) Male  YouTube  
    Name: Emil

Topics Solved: 2557

it's a chance in a million to come across any of it one these days,even the band members don't seem to have or remember them more clearly,that's a real pity,they single was a fine piece of nwobhm,it also seems to me that their reincarnation REKUIEM has big problems with releasing second album "Raise The Dead",first one was excellent
    Random avatar

Topics Solved: 1

Well,here's some info from interview granted by the band to NWoBHM Vault! site :
    "Did REQUIEM record a demo before going to the vinyl stage ? If so, can you give us some details about the tracks, how did you sell this demo ?
    Yes, we recorded a demo at Midland Recording Studios. Featuring: 'Mists of Hell', 'Devils Shrine' and 'Sinners Remorse'. We sold the tape at gigs. This is probably worth a pretty penny if you can find it."
    Hope this would come in handy!
    Random avatar

robsonr wrote:it's a chance in a million to come across any of it one these days,even the band members don't seem to have or remember them more clearly,that's a real pity,they single was a fine piece of nwobhm,it also seems to me that their reincarnation REKUIEM has big problems with releasing second album "Raise The Dead",first one was excellent

Totally agreed the first one was highly underrated and I loved it...too bad the label folded...hopefully that second one sees the light of day sometime...
    Random avatar

from the band website scarce info one can conclude that they have been in the process of recording it,however when it's gonna be out,or by which label is as of yet an open question,we can keep our fingers crossed and bide our time
    Random avatar

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Requiem/Demo/163082
    1. Mists of Hell
    2. Devil's Shrine
    3. Sinners Remorse
    Random avatar

LOGIN / REGISTER TO BE ABLE TO COMMENT ON POSTS + VOTE TO SEE HIDDEN LINKS

« Return to Band Questions