Heavy Rock / Proto Metal / Psych » Strapps (UK) - Prisoner Of Your Love (aka Sharp Conversation) (1978)
  • https://i.imgur.com/OKIBAZf.png

Artist: Strapps
    Release: Prisoner Of Your Love [aka "Sharp Conversation"] (1978)
    Genre: Hard Rock
    Bitrate: 320 kbps
    ►Dead Link
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    EMI/Harvest Records (Japan)

Ross Stagg - Vocals & Guitar
    Joe Read - Bass
    Noel Scott - Keyboards
    Mick Underwood - Drums (THE OUTLAWS, THE HERD, EPISODE SIX, QUATERMASS, PEACE, SAMMY, GILLAN, QUATERMASS II, RAW GLORY)

STRAPPS were a London based Hard Rock act founded in 1975 by former EPISODE SIX, QUATERMASS, SAMMY and PEACE drummer Mick Underwood and Australian singer/guitarist Rod Stagg.
    Stagg had previously tried to make his way as a solo artist, releasing a lone single, "I'll Never Be A Star (But I Might)", on the Dawn label in 1974.
    After adding Bassist Joe Read and Keyboard player Noel Scott, the band was complete, and were signed to the Harvest Records label.
    Their self-titled 1976 debut album was produced by ex-Episode Six & DEEP PURPLE bassist Roger Glover, and appeared in a striking fetish inspired sleeve.
    The band then found themselves on tour as special guests on Deep Purple's ill starred "Come Taste The Band" tour, Purple's last hurrah until their 1980's reformation.
    The "Strapps" album went on to find some success with very good sales in the American South, and was a genuine hit in Japan despite failing to even chart in the UK.
    Chris Kimsey was brought aboard as producer for the band's second album, 1977's "Secret Damage", which again sold very well in Japan.
    Strapps then found themselves on tour again, this time as guests to Underwood's former Episode Six bandmate in the IAN GILLAN BAND on the "Clear Air Turbulence" tour.
    A single from the album, the glam inflected "Child In The City", was a minor UK hit single, after the band performed the song live on the "Supersonic" TV show.
    1978 proved to be a problematic year for the band, with their 3rd album, entitled "Sharp Conversation", only issued in the U.S. and a few European territories.
    In Japan, where Strapps' stock was still high, the album was released under the title "Prisoner Of Your Love".
    A fourth album "Ball Of Fire", was recorded early in 1979 but was only issued in Japan, under the modified ROSS STAGG & STRAPPS name.
    Thereafter, finding themselves without a record deal, and deep in debt, Strapps went their separate ways, with Underwood accepting an invitation to join GILLAN.
    Underwood remained with Gillan for the duration of that band's lifespan, and also appeared on a few of IAN GILLAN's later solo albums.
    He then worked as a session drummer, before forming QUATERMASS II in 1997, recording an album with them entitled "Long Road".
    Underwood is now a member of RAW GLORY, to date they have issued one album, 2007's "City Life".
    Ross Stagg eventually returned to Australia, where he now works as a music and entertainment lecturer at NSW TAFE (New South Wales Technical and Further Education Commission).
    In 2008 Angel Air Records released a vintage Stapps live performance on CD, "Live At The Rainbow 1977".

art & txt included

no pw

ctme
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    01. Bound For Glory
    02. Prisoner Of Your Love
    03. Let The Music Play
    04. Rock'n'Roll Sensation
    05. All Through The Night
    06. It's Your Dream
    07. Be Strong
    08. Might Or Maybe
    09. Look To The East
    10. Need Your Love (To Break My Fall)
    Bringer of Steel
    United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Topics Solved: 149

Until now I only read about this band (due to the Deep Purple/ Gillan Connection), thanks for giving me a chance to hear them!

Rather good mid-70'ies Hardrock I would say, a little more broadminded (eg saxophon etc.), interesting to hear, but not really essential.
    Germany (de) MaleYouTube 
    Name: Martin

Topics Solved: 9

re-uploaded
    Strapps (UK) 1978 Prisoner Of Your Love [320 kbps]
    Size: 95.9 MB
    Hidden Link
    MEGA Link

• 4 likes this

Topics Solved: 778

LOGIN / REGISTER TO BE ABLE TO COMMENT ON POSTS + VOTE TO SEE HIDDEN LINKS

« Return to Heavy Rock / Proto Metal / Psych