Demos [Speed / Thrash] » Diabolic Possession (US) - Rehearsal [Demo] (1988/1989)
  • https://i.imgur.com/4C6Aaey.png

Artist: Diabolic Possession
    Release: Rehearsal Demo 1988/89
    Genre: Thrash/Death/Speed Metal
    Bitrate: 320
    Hidden Link
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is the first recording from Omaha, Nebraska, US band Diabolic Possession, one of the first real metal bands in the state (they'd formed a couple years prior to this). The year that this was recorded is most commonly listed as 1989, though the band's Facebook page mentions that it was recorded in 1988. This copy came from their bassist, and was labeled as '89. It was likely remastered/re-EQ'd when being transferred from tape, as it sounds loud for a flat tape transfer. Musically it is Death Metal of the time, with a lot of Thrash present. They've listed Celtic Frost and Bathory as early influences. I also hear traces of Possessed, Kreator, etc. It is a raw recording, but you can hear everything that's going on, and it really rages in my opinion. Here is one of the songs on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh9Y1veSWqg

They got a new drummer, and added a vocalist and second guitarist not long after this, and it's their only recording with this lineup. I included a collage photo of the band members at the time, though Steve and Glyn's picture were taken a couple years later, and Kris's a couple years earlier than '89. There is also a photo included of Kris's drum kit from the '80s, with the Mercyful Fate "Melissa" skull on one of the bass drums.
    The band is currently active, and fairly recently started playing "Cursed to Below" live again.
    There are 3 songs from this recording already listed on the HMR site. I haven't checked the sound quality of them, but this should be the best version that exists, and includes the 2 missing tracks.

https://www.facebook.com/diabolicpossessionband

Steve Jacobs - Bass, Vocals (also played in Nasferatu, Xenomorph, Filthy Few, Thor (live))
    Glyn Clark - Guitars
    Kris Thomas (R.I.P.) - Drums (also played in Asphyxiation, Ghost Tower)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Will I Die Tomorrow
    2. Cursed to Below
    3. Circle of Time
    4. False Reality
    5. Rest in Pieces
    FORUM MOD!
    United States (us) Male YouTube 
    Name: Matt

Topics Solved: 67

LOGIN / REGISTER TO BE ABLE TO COMMENT ON POSTS + VOTE TO SEE HIDDEN LINKS

« Return to Demos [Speed / Thrash]