Releases still available from bands or labels.
Rejected Requests & Uploads »  [REJECTED] Harvest Moon (UK) - The Lion & The Snake [EP] (1980)
  •  ! Strappado wrote:
    riptorn wrote:This post should be removed now as it's just been rereleased by CMC.

viewtopic.php?f=126&t=50178

Artist: Harvest Moon
    Release: The Lion & The Snake EP 1980
    Genre: NWOBHM
    Bitrate: 320kbps

HARVEST MOON - The Lion & The Snake EP (1980) UK
    Smile Records
    320kbps

http://i.imgur.com/Q2gqkFd.png

01. Lion & Snake (05:49)
    02. Harvest Moon (04:31)
    03. Nothing You Can Do (03:21)

Steve "Pablo" Jones - Vocals (WHITE TYGRZ, KARAC)
    John "Mogga" Morris - Bass (SWAN, CHARLIE, WHITE TYGRZ, SCRATCH, DIZZY MAMA, BADGER BELL)
    Glynn Porrino - Guitar (STEPPING STONES, NIGHTWING, WHITE TYGRZ, KARAC)
    Tony "Sully "O'Sullivan - Drums (STEPPING STONES, SULLYSIXTY)
    Dave Evans - Keyboards (STEPPING STONES)

HARVEST MOON were a five piece NWOBHM band from North Wales, who originally formed in early 1979 from the ashes of a prior act called STEPPING STONES.
    From the start they were a popular live draw in their home country, playing countless club dates and supporting larger bands passing through.
    The band also gigged hard in the North West Of England, which brought them to the attention of Manchester's Smile Records label.
    1980 saw Harvest Moon release their first record, the 3 song "The Lion And The Snake" EP, released on Smile.
    Harvest Moon then won the Radio City FM Battle Of The Bands contest at Liverpool Empire in 1980, where the judges were former THIN LIZZY guitarist Gary Moore, RAINBOW's Graham Bonnet and DEEP PURPLE/GILLAN vocalist Ian Gillan.
    As a result of this exposure the band signed a contract with Charisma Records.
    However their only Charisma release was to be the excellent "Tales Of Wonder" 7" released in 1981.
    The record sold well in Wales and was championed by DJ Tommy Vance who played it often on his BBC Radio 1 Friday Rock Show.
    Charisma sadly decided not to pick up Harvest Moon's option after the label was bought by new owners and dropped the band from their roster.
    After this the band opted to shorten their name to THE MOON, and tried to build up their profile again.
    Under this name they played to the biggest crowd of their career at a festival at Wrexham Football Ground in 1982 alongside MOTORHEAD, TWISTED SISTER, TANK, RAVEN, ORION & RAMPANT ANTICS.
    This was to prove to be another false dawn however, with a split coming in late 1983.
    Guitarist Glynn Porrino then went on to join NIGHTWING, first appearing on record with them on the 1985 live album " A Night Of Mystery - Alive! Alive!".
    Porrino remained with Nightwing until the band split in 1988, at which point he formed Hard Rock band WHITE TYGRZ with ex-Harvest Moon members "Pablo" Jones & bassist "Mogga".
    Porrino rejoined the reformed Nightwing in 1996 in time for their "Natural Survivors/VI" album.
    He remains with the band to this day, and appears on their most recent release 2008's "8472".
    Tony "Sully "O'Sullivan is still active in the world of music, recording and gigging under the name SULLYSIXTY.
    Bassist John "Mogga" Morris has also kept busy in music, playing in CHARLIE and DIZZY MAMA, and now gigging with BADGER BELL.
    Nowadays, singer Steve "Pablo" Jones is a well respected artist, but still plays music too, and has reunited with Porrino in a Blues Rock band called KARAC.
    Jones also recently released a solo album entitled "Pablo's Gone Bouzouki".

art & txt included

NEW LINK : 23/05/14
    Thanks to Shymygel

REJECTED

No PW

ctme
    Bringer of Steel
    United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Topics Solved: 149

Incredible, what an jewel.
    All songs are top class!, thankyou riptorn!

Some photos can be found at their Myspace Page: http://www.myspace.com/harvestmoonNorthWales
    Sweden (se) Male  YouTube  
    Name: Emil

Topics Solved: 2526

No problem folks, glad to see this EP and their single are going down so well with you all.
    I'd love to see a proper anthology release from this band at some point.
    Bringer of Steel
    United Kingdom (uk) Male 

riptorn wrote:I'd love to see a proper anthology release from this band at some point.

Wouldn't we all, mate? This is a cracking EP - it's a shame that this band never made it big because they definitely had the talent! Then again, for so many NWOBHM bands, that seems to be the story of their lives....

(metal2)
    Random avatar
    Ireland (ie) Male

Topics Solved: 0

Almost forgot, Riptorn - thanks so much for this - very much appreciated. Hope the band are aware of how highly they're thought of!
    Random avatar
    Ireland (ie) Male

Got this from the old NWOBHM maniacs forum great stuff ... They were one of the unsung NWOBHM bands at the time. Tales of wonder the other single is one of the best songs Rainbow never recorded ;-) (metal2)

• 1 likes this

Never heard of Harvest Moon, but with the name like that I should have! It reminds me of some goth-type band...well, never mind- I quite like some goth music too! But like ever before, there´s nothing quite like N.W.O.B.H.M.!!! (metal2)
     Male

Harvest Moon were from my hometown and performed at our school end of year concert in about 1979/1980. They were absolutely awesome live and deserved better recognition.
    Random avatar
    United Kingdom (uk) Male
    Name: Peter Jones

Sweden (se) Male  YouTube  
    Name: Emil

Topics Solved: 2526

New link: Hidden Link

• 17 likes this
    Bringer of Steel
    Russia (ru) Male
    Name: Michael

Topics Solved: 848

In my post above from 2011 i said that "I'd love to see a proper anthology release from this band at some point", and it seems that good things come to those who wait as Cult Metal Classics have just announced a 9 track Harvest Moon compilation, 'The Lion & The Snake', due to be released on January 7th 2022!
    (yes!)
    https://www.sonicagerecords.com/_shop/i ... t_id=71238
    Bringer of Steel
    United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Looking eagerly forward to this release!
    (guitar666)
    Germany (de) Male
    Name: Klaus

This post should be removed now as it's just been rereleased by CMC.

viewtopic.php?f=126&t=50178
    Bringer of Steel
    United Kingdom (uk) Male 

LOGIN / REGISTER TO BE ABLE TO COMMENT ON POSTS + VOTE TO SEE HIDDEN LINKS

« Return to Rejected Requests & Uploads