Recommendations, Records, Collections, etc.
General Metal Discussions » Lots of dead links to cult demos
  • So Many Dead Links, Can we

have the uploads that are dead highlighted as such, because it seems like disappointment after disappointment.
    United States (us)

Topics Solved: 0

if you find any dead links belong to me please pm me i was absent here for a long time
    Name: cat32

Topics Solved: 1

I've been really busy and have not been able to reupload my links. so if anyone can reupload any of my links that are down please do.
    FORUM MOD!
    R.I.P. 1996 - 2016
    United States (us) MaleYouTube  

Topics Solved: 3

Lots of dead links to cult demos

It's a shame there's some killer demos that need to be re-upped and they don't. I've listed many re-ups needed and only a small percentage get re-upped. Many lost gems are in here with dormant links. It makes me sad. :(
    United States (us) Male
    Name: Mikael Vaalkoth

Topics Solved: 7

Sí Michael Schymmel abandonar el forum, el forum acaba. Él és el mejor usuario más antiguo aquí. Parece que la seción Reupload sólo está en forum para adornar el aún. Hasta 2013 eso aquí parecía mucho mejor. Uno usuario ayudaba más el otro.
    Banned
    Brazil (br) Male
    Name: Paulinhochocolate

El forum sólo quedó disponible la poco tiempo en lá mía ciudad y región. Por esta razón yo no pude mí registrar antes. Para el administrador, para los moderadores y para quién consiguió sí registré antes de 2013, yo pido, por favor, ayudem los usuarios nuevos!!!
    Banned
    Brazil (br) Male

professorpaulinho wrote:El forum sólo quedó disponible la poco tiempo en lá mía ciudad y región. Por esta razón yo no pude mí registrar antes. Para el administrador, para los moderadores y para quién consiguió sí registré antes de 2013, yo pido, por favor, ayudem los usuarios nuevos!!!

In Ingles por favor.
    See 'Forum Rules'.
    Bringer of Steel
    United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Topics Solved: 149

I thank very to Schymmel, he help every time when's possible he to help. I couldn't to register me here before 2014 because the forum was not available to my region. I have not nothing almost of posted rarities in forum, and because this there's nothing I can do about it.
    Name: Pelu

Topics Solved: 88

To all of you that are complaining about dead links you can buy your own CD's, vinyls & cassettes and of course Hi-Fi equipment, so you can rip them and offer them to HMR Forum.
    It is so simple. (wink)

• 2 likes this
    Name: Sarissoforos

Topics Solved: 9

Prince Hector wrote:To all of you that are complaining about dead links you can buy your own CD's, vinyls & cassettes and of course Hi-Fi equipment, so you can rip them and offer them to HMR Forum.
    It is so simple. (wink)

It's easy to buy these rarities to you all live in Europa, USA, Canada, Japan, Australia and others country where the rock/metal is apreciated. But to who live in country where the population does not like rock (Brazil for exemple) it is impossible to find to buy. Here in my country the population is prejudiced against rock and metal. And I don´t have money to buy imported products.
    Name: Pelu

Topics Solved: 88

Pelança wrote: And I don´t have money to buy imported products.

Get a better job !!! This place is FULL OF FUCKING LURKERS / FREE LEECHERS.
    Random avatar
    Banned
    France (fr) Male
    Name: Louis

Unfortunately I also don't possess rips because I don't possess vinyl, k7 or CDs. Really there is not to buy here in Brazil vinyls, K7 not even underground band Cds.

If anybody to want to buy here will need to import.

The few brazilian rock/metal bands are going to exterior (United Kingdom, USA and Scandinavia primarily) to launch the musics of them because they here in Brazil not having space, because the brazilian population in 99% unfortunately condemn the rock and metal. All my acquaintances peoples for exemple hate rock

The price of import products in Brazil from outside South America is more than 4000 Euros here. Furthermore there is also the very high brazilian tax load to imported products.
    Banned
    Brazil (br) Male

professorpaulinho wrote:Unfortunately I also don't possess rips because I don't possess vinyl, k7 or CDs. Really there is not to buy here in Brazil vinyls, K7 not even underground band Cds.

If anybody to want to buy here will need to import.

The few brazilian rock/metal bands are going to exterior (United Kingdom, USA and Scandinavia primarily) to launch the musics of them because they here in Brazil not having space, because the brazilian population in 99% unfortunately condemn the rock and metal. All my acquaintances peoples for exemple hate rock

The price of import products in Brazil from outside South America is more than 4000 Euros here. Furthermore there is also the very high brazilian tax load to imported products.

STOP CRYING like 13 years old bitch !!! You have PC , I bet you even have iPhone , and loads of fucking metal t-shirts ,but you cry you can't pay for fucking records ???? I know LOADS of Metalheads from Brazil who have decent collections. It's the problem of this new generation.They want EVERYTHING ,but can't give ANYTHING in return. Tell me just 1 reason WHY I should upload "unknown"/"Superrare"/"Obscure" stuff for everyone (For Free !!! With fucking high resolution scans and Wavs ) I paid for it A LOT OF MONEY ??? Why I should ??? That's why I'm not ripping any rare music anymore.

• 2 likes this
    Random avatar
    Banned
    France (fr) Male
    Name: Louis

ChemicalCriminal wrote:STOP CRYING like 13 years old bitch !!! You have PC , I bet you even have iPhone , and loads of fucking metal t-shirts ,but you cry you can't pay for fucking records ???? I know LOADS of Metalheads from Brazil who have decent collections. It's the problem of this new generation.They want EVERYTHING ,but can't give ANYTHING in return. Tell me just 1 reason WHY I should upload "unknown"/"Superrare"/"Obscure" stuff for everyone (For Free !!! With fucking high resolution scans and Wavs ) I paid for it A LOT OF MONEY ??? Why I should ??? That's why I'm not ripping any rare music anymore.

Dude, calm down. All the man was doing is explain his specific situation about why he has no rare stuff to share here. All you are doing is generalise. Just 'cause you know Brazilians who own collections of underground recordings doesn't mean that every individual from Brazil (or any other country, for that matter) also does. If you feel it's unfair that you have lots of super-rare stuff and other people don't, then don't share it with them or use some other forum where ownership and uploading of rare stuff is an obligation (the infamous Thrashmageddon forum I think goes by those rules).

Also, in my opinion those comments regarding employment and economical situation ("Get a better job!"; "PC, iPhone, etc.") are lacking a bit of tact; the economy and employment rates are not the same in every country, especially NOT between Europe and South America; sometimes it's impossible to get a job (let alone a better one) even if you want to. This community is supposed to be about freedom and tolerance, not lashing out against someone just because they don't act/think as you do.

I hope you don't see this as me telling you what (not) to do or a strong criticism, just my two cents. Sorry for TLDR post.

• 2 likes this
    Name: Sadly not Adrian

Topics Solved: 0

I would like many to possess rares vinyls and k7 to share rips to forum, I am ashamed to have no nothing. But this boy ChemicalCriminal is speaking only nonsense. I don't have iPhone, metal shirts, and none of these shits. I hate and I don't use metalhead personal effects. I only love the rock n roll and metal musics. I have registered in forum to try to search rares discographies what I search by years in Internet.

Chemical Criminal, don't speak that you does not know!
    Banned
    Brazil (br) Male

Chemical Criminal that was a shameful tirade.
    This is a site where people come to discuss the various aspects of the music we all love and to download & share rare music.
    Isn't that (at least) part of why you are here too? So why single ProfessorPaulinho out & jump down his throat?
    To me it sounded like Paulinho was saying that he wished he could contribute to the site, but that he didn't have much to share.
    He then went on to explain why, and i can relate to his experience as i'm sure a great many members here can, regardless of their geographical location.
    Your ill informed generalisations about South America, and the global socio-political situation in general, served only to illustrate your utter ignorance & petty prejudices.
    Express yourself by all means, but to attack a fellow member like that is not the way we conduct ourselves here.
    If that's how you intend to behave in future, please do us all a favour & forget your password.

• 1 likes this
    Bringer of Steel
    United Kingdom (uk) Male 

My friend riptorn HMR Forum has 12264 members !!!
    The active members, apart from Strappado who is the creator of this Forum, that upload rips and scans, in a constant basis are only 50, or should I say less than 50 ??? !!!
    Imagine what would happen if the half of these 12264 members could upload just a single decent rip:
    We would have covered the whole spectrum of Heavy Metal with all its genres and we would live happily ever after ... (boobies2)
    Instead of this we have the same nicknames that upload rare or not, cheap or expensive stuff.
    I find it very hard to believe that all these lurkers cannot share anything special with us: a single scan or a difficult to find rip.
    They say they don't have Heavy Metal CD's, vinyls, cassettes etc. to share: They are not true Metal Heads.I am sorry to say that but they are parasites.
    How they show their love to Heavy Metal music?By bying external hard disk drives to store what other people upload?

Back in the '80's, at the age of 12, when I was in High School (Gymnasium 3 years and then 3 years of Lyceum) I had to work during the summertimes to pay for my winter tutorial lessons, to get to the University, and to buy Heavy Metal vinyls that I couln't listen to, since I didn't have a turntable!!!
    I was working for 5 years every summer, for 3 months from 7:00 in the morning to 22:00 in the evening: 15 hours of hard work at a factory every day that was producing plastic pipes.
    So all these crying kittens cannot talk to me about being poor:I bought along with my brother my first PC at the age of 20 and my Hi-Fi system 2 years later, with my (and my brothers') money.
    Nothing in real life is given for free!You have to work hard to get it!

There were many young boys of my age that did the same.We weren't expecting from our fathers to give us money, because we had balls and brain.
    The new generation in my country - and not only I guess - grew up in a different way: pathetic boys and girls expecting a lot of money given from their families and a virtual life given from computers: why should they buy music (CD's & vinyls) since everything is free from the minority of suckers ???
    In conclusion 2 last words from me:
    RESPECT & CONTRIBUTION!

• 3 likes this

Prince Hector wrote: My friend riptorn HMR Forum has 12264 members !!!
    The active members, apart from Strappado who is the creator of this Forum, that upload rips and scans, in a constant basis are only 50, or should I say less than 50 ??? !!!
    Imagine what would happen if the half of these 12264 members could upload just a single decent rip:
    We would have covered the whole spectrum of Heavy Metal with all its genres and we would live happily ever after ... (boobies2)
    Instead of this we have the same nicknames that upload rare or not, cheap or expensive stuff.
    I find it very hard to believe that all these lurkers cannot share anything special with us: a single scan or a difficult to find rip.
    They say they don't have Heavy Metal CD's, vinyls, cassettes etc. to share: They are not true Metal Heads.I am sorry to say that but they are parasites.
    How they show their love to Heavy Metal music?By bying external hard disk drives to store what other people upload?

Back in the '80's, at the age of 12, when I was in High School (Gymnasium 3 years and then 3 years of Lyceum) I had to work during the summertimes to pay for my winter tutorial lessons, to get to the University, and to buy Heavy Metal vinyls that I couln't listen to, since I didn't have a turntable!!!
    I was working for 5 years every summer, for 3 months from 7:00 in the morning to 22:00 in the evening: 15 hours of hard work at a factory every day that was producing plastic pipes.
    So all these crying kittens cannot talk to me about being poor:I bought along with my brother my first PC at the age of 20 and my Hi-Fi system 2 years later, with my (and my brothers') money.
    Nothing in real life is given for free!You have to work hard to get it!

There were many young boys of my age that did the same.We weren't expecting from our fathers to give us money, because we had balls and brain.
    The new generation in my country - and not only I guess - grew up in a different way: pathetic boys and girls expecting a lot of money given from their families and a virtual life given from computers: why should they buy music (CD's & vinyls) since everything is free from the minority of suckers ???
    In conclusion 2 last words from me:
    RESPECT & CONTRIBUTION!

Spot on, my friend. Too many leechers just expect others to seek out rarities and upload them without contributing anything in return, and too many parasites only post requests. If they can access this forum, then they can surely access ebay and other online stores.

• 1 likes this
    United Kingdom (uk) Male

Topics Solved: 144

Hell yeahhh, ET!
    Give them Hell with your white flying-V and let God short them out! (metal1)

Why there is the request section and request reupload in forum? It's this to garnish? Prince Hector You speak thus because you live in Europa and living in Europa the people find easy to buy by a affordable price. Came to Brazil to you to feel how are things here!!! I have not financial conditions to pay more than 4000 Euros in every discographie that I search. I am sure if you lived similar the my financial conditions here in Brazil you will not possess nothing also.

The people that possess vinyls, k7 and rares CDs are very rare in South America, all they are multi millionaires and have lived in world first country (USA, England and Sweden for exemple) and they does not sell what they possess.

And I am not Metal Head. I don't like labels! Rock and Metal was made to who love the style. A people to like rock n roll does not need to show to everybody the passion by style!
    Banned
    Brazil (br) Male

professorpaulinho wrote:Why there is the request section and request reupload in forum? It's this to garnish? Prince Hector You speak thus because you live in Europa and living in Europa the people find easy to buy by a affordable price. Came to Brazil to you to feel how are things here!!! I have not financial conditions to pay more than 4000 Euros in every discographie that I search. I am sure if you lived similar the my financial conditions here in Brazil you will not possess nothing also.

The people that possess vinyls, k7 and rares CDs are very rare in South America, all they are multi millionaires and have lived in world first country (USA, England and Sweden for exemple) and they does not sell what they possess.

And I am not Metal Head. I don't like labels! Rock and Metal was made to who love the style. A people to like rock n roll does not need to show to everybody the passion by style!

I don't know what domestic prices are like in Brazil, but Brazilians can always buy from ebay if the domestic price is too high. If their purchase is up to the value of $50, they won't pay any import taxes.
    United Kingdom (uk) Male

Topics Solved: 144

I don't know why this topic has got so far off topic, but i find the general attitude very disappointing.
    I'd much rather focus on the things which unite us rather than being divisive.
    Bringer of Steel
    United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Prince Hector wrote:

THIS!

I find it hard to believe that there isn't anything to share.

As I am working much with Swedish heavy metal and hard rock I am daily contacting members of bands. They are often happy to discuss the past and share some of their music. Just a tip to you who can't "afford" to buy physical material and "don't have anything to share". Take ur time to get in touch with those old bands and you will maybe end up with something to share.

• 1 likes this
    Sweden (se) Male  YouTube  
    Name: Emil

Topics Solved: 2526

It's a good idea Strappado. I think it's one solution. I observe very selfishness in metal admirers in to share what they possess, because many of them unfortunately only share his rips with their friends.

About the dead links problem, it's the best if all uploaders to collaborate to send the files for good hosts and every uploader to possess the respective host (Mediafire and 4shared for exemple), and they not to send the files in worthless hosts that expire in little time. And the old uploaders to help to reupload what is requested. If they to help at least once a month they reuploading a file, already will help satisfactorily.
    Banned
    Brazil (br) Male

To anybody new here, or just in general, anyone new to downloading from forums like this -
    yes, it is nice if you say "Thanks" or "Thank you", but if that is ALL you write after clicking to give points, then don't bother.
    Nobody wants to see pages of nearly empty posts.
    see - A bunch of dudes saying thanks...

and
    also annoying, is somebody typing "Dead Link" at the bottom of a topic thread.

You bump up that band, when you should have created a NEED RE-UP request in the [NEED RE-UP] section.

Nobody will read your post first , that includes me too, I don't read the last posts first.
    We will click to give points, the "Thanks for Post" button, and also see nothing.

INSTEAD of typing "dead link", create a new [NEED RE-UP] topic thread, in the Re-Upload Requests section- viewforum.php?f=179 , ., It helps everybody out.

• 3 likes this
    FORUM MOD!

Topics Solved: 794

Strappado wrote:THIS!

I find it hard to believe that there isn't anything to share.

As I am working much with Swedish heavy metal and hard rock I am daily contacting members of bands. They are often happy to discuss the past and share some of their music. Just a tip to you who can't "afford" to buy physical material and "don't have anything to share". Take ur time to get in touch with those old bands and you will maybe end up with something to share.

My emphasis added but this is how I am trying to find those rare Texas gems that I remember from my youth. I should have something nice and extremely rare to share soon because I contacted a band member.

My blog: Texas Metal Powerhouse
    Bringer of Steel
    United States (us) Male 

Topics Solved: 6

I don't buy that there's nothing to share,i'm from this or that country....look at the flag under my name...look carefully.Actually i'm getting tired of leechers ,no positive feedback on anything you share, just a bunch of thanks...great sound...500 posts with zero reputation!what kind of @$%#% you are??!!!by the way,i have many rare records but won't post any until everything is clarified(with myself at least).the only good point of being a member of this forum was that i've found some good friends to chat a little about good old days with.

• 5 likes this
    Iran (ir) Male
    Name: Al

Topics Solved: 29

insane surgeon wrote:I don't buy that there's nothing to share,i'm from this or that country....look at the flag under my name...look carefully.Actually i'm getting tired of leechers ,no positive feedback on anything you share, just a bunch of thanks...great sound...500 posts with zero reputation!what kind of @$%#% you are??!!!by the way,i have many rare records but won't post any until everything is clarified(with myself at least).the only good point of being a member of this forum was that i've found some good friends to chat a little about good old days with.

Yes. Even I am starting to get a little fed up with it. I think all this I live in country A or country B is just an excuse to let everyone else do all the hard work and spend all the money. There is a lot of work involved aswell at times. I uploaded a lossless album on here once to fulfill a request when some works were being done locally which affected our internet speed. It took me SIX hours to upload it. But what I do take issue with especially is the implication that living in a European country means that metal is easier to get hold of and more appreciated. I live in the UK and it is not the rock/metal loving utopia that is being described in this thread. Metal is very much a niche market here as much as it is anywhere else. I am the only person in my circle of friends that listens to metal. I cannot buy the music I love from just anywhere. I often have to search on ebay and also end up buying cds directly from the bands themselves as they are often not widely available. Cd baby is also good if you like lossless music and the BEST part is that it can be downloaded in lossless format. So even though it is based in the USA you can get the lossless music without worrying about expensive shipping or import fees. Food for thought maybe?
    Sorry I think I'll end it there as its turning into rant.

• 2 likes this
    Bringer of Steel
    United Kingdom (uk) Male

Topics Solved: 15

from 30 Nov 2014
    Prince Hector wrote: The active members, apart from Strappado who is the creator of this Forum, that upload rips and scans, in a constant basis are only 50, or should I say less than 50 ??? !!!

• 3 likes this

Topics Solved: 794

LOGIN / REGISTER TO BE ABLE TO COMMENT ON POSTS + VOTE TO SEE HIDDEN LINKS

« Return to General Metal Discussions