Recommendations, Records, Collections, etc.
General Metal Discussions » Brazilian bands discussion thread
Hello !!

Rod here from Brazil

which are your favorite 80s brazilian bands :)
Random avatar
Banned

Topics Solved: 0

Viper is pretty cool, Sepultura too. But my favourite 80's band are Anthares and Inox(I posted their info at enciclopaedia metallum, pretty good band).
Should check them out!
Random avatar
 Male
Name: Lukas

The first two VIPER albums (with Matos) were superb. Unfortunately they passed on getting a great singer after Matos left and took the unfortunate choice of having Pit sing and they went punkish, so I totally lost interest in them. But since ANGRA was born, which I think is Brazil's most brilliant band, all was ok.

I really like thrash as a genre, but never got into Sepultura, they just didn't move me. Most Brazilian thrash I didn't much care for, but a couple like Attomica had some cool stuff. Also I heard some Violator and decent retro-thrash but nothing amazing.

But among traditional-metal groups - quite a few good ones. Hibria is a very good band indeed - great first two albums. Dragonheart, Steel Warrior and Fates Prophecy are very cool. Dark Avenger too, I almost forgot. Taurus was pretty good too, to name an older group, also Dorsal Atlantica and Vulcano are good. Tribuzy was ok, not bad.

In more prog-metal, Aquaria I thought was quite excellent! I have their two CDs Luxaeterna (+1 bonus) and Shambala (+1 bonus) as Japanese releases and think they are quite talented.

For a time, I listened to death metal more, and enjoyed Krisiun the most of the death bands, but I don't listen to death anymore, just no time and it doesn't move me anymore.
Bringer of Steel

Topics Solved: 18

Sarcófago, Sexthrash and Dorsal Atlântica were fuckin' killers!

Viper, Sepultura & Angra
Random avatar
 Male
Name: Rainer Hemmelmann

Take a listen to "Attomica", it's a very powerfull thrash metal band of the late 80's... It kind of remembers me of "Arise Sepultura era"...

Epic bass player...

+1 for Steel Warrior - great stuff, esp "Visions From the Mistland"...

Overdose's "You're Really Big!" album was fun melodic/power stuff...I understand that the band later shifted to a less-successful thrash style...
United States (us) Male

Dr. Sin is a very peculiar band that's on the road since 1991. They never reached highplaces even in Brazil, but it's an awesome group. The band was very hard rock on the beginning and later became more heavy metal. Their debut album is a masterpiece, but if you are looking for heavy sounds, take a look at "Brutal" and the fresh one "Bravo".

MX with their Lp Simoniacal from 1988, is fekking great Brazilian Thrash!
Their demos are super to!

**Genocidio is another great band to!
Random avatar
 Male
Name: Tobbe

I mostly like Angra and band's related to ( Viper , Symbols , Wizzards , Almah , Shaaman).
At moment i listening Tempestt's cd with Wizards/ Shaman members - not perfect, but good enough.

Also first Hibria - fuckin' good. (vking1)

Sometimes i like to listen folk-power Tuattha De Dannan. (dance)

From Sepultura i'm like ( and have on cd ) just Schizophrenia . Albums before it have enough good
music, but terrible production . Albums after are panteresque shit ( even some folk elements
and strong production don't make this music good for me ) (no)

I am Brazilian and I love the bands of my country some of them have already been cited as Anthares and Inox ...
There are several bands that are very good as the Rider that was posted on the forum who also are my friends, also has the Selvageria, Harppia, Stress, Salario Minimo, Centurias, Virus, Santuario and many other i intend to post many bands here in the forum, I posted the savagery and hope you enjoy!

Taurus is one of my favorites 80's brazilian metal bands. They're from Rio de Janeiro and made a thrash metal masterpiece in 1986 called "Signo de Taurus".

• 1 likes this
Random avatar
 Male
Name: Marcos Taranta

• 1 likes this
Random avatar
 Male
Name: Marcos Taranta

My lovely bands - Chakal,Attomica,R.D.P and MX.Brazilian oldschool thrash scene rules supreme.But it's very difficult to buy rare stuff (for example Acid Storm).Some albums never released on CD.I think it hard to find even in Brazil...
Bringer of Steel

Topics Solved: 8

SEPULTURA and SARCOFAGO from Death/Thrash!!!
 Male
Name: sadasdsa

Mutilator
Sepultura
Dorsal Atlantica
Random avatar

Virus,Anthares,Overdose,Salario Minimo,Comando Nuclear,Centurias,Korzus,Dorsal Atlantica,Harppia,R.D.P,Azul Limão.
And many more
I'm very proud of our scene and I think q saiaram uitas good bands here that deserve to be known as bangers around the world !!!!!
leather and chain forever !!!!!!!

Hahahaha Hia lucas :) nice to see you here :P

Favourite ? thats hard to answer... maybe, uhh.. Anos luz, a chave do sol, mascara de ferro, dorsal atlântica, salario minimo, virus, harppia, comando nuclear, selvageria.. and a loooot more :P what a f@#$% greaaat metal! Brazilian gold :P
Random avatar
 FemaleFemale
Name: Fafs

lucasattack wrote:Virus,Anthares,Overdose,Salario Minimo,Comando Nuclear,Centurias,Korzus,Dorsal Atlantica,Harppia,R.D.P,Azul Limão.
And many more
I'm very proud of our scene and I think q saiaram uitas good bands here that deserve to be known as bangers around the world !!!!!
leather and chain forever !!!!!!!

Inglês do Lucas no melhor estilo Joel Santana... Bom ver a galera do Brasil aqui nesta bodega...
BANG 'TILL DEATH! (metal2)

« Return to General Metal Discussions