Recommendations, Records, Collections, etc.
General Metal Discussions » Introduce Yourself!

How did you find out about the site?

Through the Blog
25%
Google / Other Search Engine
54%
Youtube
3%
Facebook
1%
Website
4%
A Friend
9%
Other
4%

Total votes : 504

Yo.
Random avatar

Topics Solved: 0

Cheers Strappy!

(metal2) (clap4)
Canada (ca) Male 

I'm Cip. Hail from Romania! \m/
Random avatar

Hello good people! Just saying "Hello!" to everyone involved in this wonderful forum!

Forged in the same area of England that gave the world Judas Priest, Sabbath and Diamond Head, I got into HEAVY METAL when my sister played me the "Black Sabbath" track in a pitch dark room! Thank's sis! Scarred for life with NO REGRETS!

First gig I ever went to was Jameson Raid back in 1980 at Frank F. Harrison school.

Fave bands throughout the years: Dio's Rainbow & Sabbath, Priest, Angel Witch, Venom, Saxon, Manowar, Rock Goddess, Anvil, Metallica (till Cliff passed on), Slayer, Exodus, Testament, Pantera (thank god for them during the dreadful years of grunge!), Machine Head, Iced Earth, Primal Fear, At Vance, Dream Evil and too many others to mention!

Just want to say a big "THANK YOU" to Strappado for this brilliant forum. It's great to be able to dip into it and find some new (old) music whenever the ears fancy a treat.

I am a chile metal heads and look people in my mainland or Spain to talk and share metal.
I hope to meet ...

(metal1)

Greece is the spiritual birthplace of Metal!

(metal1)
Canada (ca) Male 

Hi, I'm David from The Netherlands.

Thanks to Strappado I discovered this forum. It's always cool to find some old,new or otherwise great metal music. That's why I'm here.

(vking1) Happy sharing!

Hello-

Collect oldschool death and thrash mostly.

Greetings from Sweden! Jens here.

I agree with you, Hellmace. Most of the obsure/forgotten stuff is really worthwhile to listen to. (metal2)

Another Greek metal warrior here!

hi everyone
Random avatar

Hi there looking forward to finding some more obscure NWOBHM releases.
Random avatar

hello to everybody
Random avatar

hello brother
Random avatar

Hey, my name is Brian Troisi, and I love obscure metal. I've listened to so many obscure EPs, albums, demos, etc from many amazing bands, and it's so weird how those bands went nowhere. They could have easily, considering their talent and song writing skills. I'm in a band called Racing Steel (http://facebook.com/RacingSteel). We play 80's style Speed Metal/Thrash Metal/NWOBHM/Traditional Metal. Unfortunately, we don't have a demo out... Yet. We have enough songs for it, and could technically record the demo now. But we are lacking a bassist and optional second guitarist so we're probably going to wait. Not to mention some technical difficulties with my amp (needs new tubes). Our style basically mimics a lot of the obscure bands such as Avalon (US) and (Hol), Arrow (Ger), Destruction, Sodom, Kreator, Blacklist (US), Sabre (US), Satan (UK), as well as the mainstream bands like Forbidden, Slayer, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Saxon, etc. Please check us out and listen to the demo once it's out! Thank you. It's great to be on a forum with people who have the same musical taste as me.
Random avatar

Hi,

Just joined this board from the main reason of finding some old gems.

Been into metal since I was 7 and heard Kiss-Love Gun but evolved drmataically in terms of musical taste.

Contributions to the metal world include writing for 80s/90s underground metal fanzines Eldritch Assemblabe, Epicus Doom, Metal Overdose, Animal and 10 years later Edge of Time.

I have been involved in organising Progpower Europe since the last 6 years.

Made a music video for Bay Area prog metallers Zero Hour (and several non-metal bands).

I consider myself to be an expert on late 80s prog power metal being a tape trader at that time but alwasy looking for new gems of course....

Christian
Random avatar

As a bit of back ground I started collecting metal around 1978-1979 and really got into UK nwobhm metal circa 1980... I opened a heavy metal record shop in Perth, West Australia in 1983 (which ran for 9 years) and actually went to UK in 1983 and 1985 buying stock for the shop eg Bullet Records and a zillion production places, going and buying patches, bullet belts, tour programmes etc. I subscribed to NME, Sounds etc to buy demos from any advertised metal bands. I managed to catch a few bands at the Marquee such as Slayer (hell awaits tour), Warlock and Rock Goddess. Back in the days I think before they got strict on venue numbers and overcrowding. The place was packed. And after the shows it seems like a fair slab of people then crammed next door into Shades Records for a bit more metal. I also saw Angel Witch supported by Carrera in some small club with most of girlschool in the crowd.… the good old days. It’s nice to reminisce every now and then... but time passes you get old...er and before you know it you're almost 50 (yes that's me) and guess what... metal still rules.

I just love metal especially from the heart. But none of my friends really get what I'm in to. But that's ok it's not for them, it's for me. The nwobhm sound that covered so many metal styles ie aor, glam, speed, heavy metal, thrash etc still appeals to me greatly and so yes if it sounds 80's I'm very interested.

Once the 90's came along the sound and focus changed ie better production, poppier or thrashier and my appeal changed accordingly. I never got into the 90's grunge theme at all. I'm definitely still old school! I'm also a collector of information ie release date, band members etc.

Long ago I sold my vinyl collection... I've forgotten how many... certainly more than 700 items. I'm more than happy to just have a copy... for me it's the 'music that matters'.

I do collect digital or original copies of demo tapes. Not sure how many I have... maybe 10,000. Small collection by many standards but probably would take a fair chunk of the rest of my life just to play them through once.

One of the best things about nwobhm colletors today is their passion which is refreshing and amazing considering how many of them weren't even born in the early 80's.
Random avatar

Great story there man.
I can totally relate to your metallife so far.

Very similar to mine really...

I think you've come to the right place to revive your youth...

Welcome on board...

Just one thing... WHY THE HELL DID YOU SELL YOUR VINYLS ?????

Btroisi13 wrote:Hey, my name is Brian Troisi, and I love obscure metal. I've listened to so many obscure EPs, albums, demos, etc from many amazing bands, and it's so weird how those bands went nowhere. They could have easily, considering their talent and song writing skills. I'm in a band called Racing Steel (http://facebook.com/RacingSteel). We play 80's style Speed Metal/Thrash Metal/NWOBHM/Traditional Metal. Unfortunately, we don't have a demo out... Yet. We have enough songs for it, and could technically record the demo now. But we are lacking a bassist and optional second guitarist so we're probably going to wait. Not to mention some technical difficulties with my amp (needs new tubes). Our style basically mimics a lot of the obscure bands such as Avalon (US) and (Hol), Arrow (Ger), Destruction, Sodom, Kreator, Blacklist (US), Sabre (US), Satan (UK), as well as the mainstream bands like Forbidden, Slayer, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Saxon, etc. Please check us out and listen to the demo once it's out! Thank you. It's great to be on a forum with people who have the same musical taste as me.

Sounds good to me! If I read it right on one of the links, you are from MA? Then you are close to Denis of Sentinel Steel Records. (he's in Boston). You should definitely contact him and let him hear your stuff, sounds right up his alley.
Bringer of Steel

Topics Solved: 18

Yep, you've read correctly lol. Thank you for the info. Do you have any contact info for him, such as his website, email, etc? When I have a demo out I'll be sure to send him it. Thanks again.
Random avatar

« Return to General Metal Discussions

« Previous topic | Next topic »