Recommendations, Records, Collections, etc.
General Metal Discussions » Introduce Yourself!

How did you find out about the site?

Through the Blog
25%
Google / Other Search Engine
54%
Youtube
3%
Facebook
1%
Website
4%
A Friend
9%
Other
4%

Total votes : 504

hello to everyone

Topics Solved: 0

Wildman1992 wrote:HEY WHATS UP MY HEAVY METAL BRETHREN!!!! Names Garian "Wildman" Perry. I'm a 19 yr old old school style metal/hard rock musician. Hoping to bring my band's music into the world. And bring back the classic NWOBHM/80's Metal sound we all hold so dear!

(idk if this is allowed)

Here's our Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/breakneckpace

Glad to be here! And glad to be apart of this heavy metal community!!!!

\m/Wildman\m/

Let me know when you post samples! I am curious to hear what you sound like (hehe1)
Sweden (se) Male   YouTube  
Name: Emil

Topics Solved: 1472

Just saying hi! As a lover of fine old heavy metal (of all genres), I've been greatly appreciative of the Strappado blog which led me to this forum!

I hail from the frostbitten city of Boston Massachusetts, which has a rich history of metal which continues today!

While I will listen to anything that is metal (love all the genres, even the not so preferred genres!), I would say my "favorite" styles are glam metal, trad heavy metal/NWOBHM, doom metal, and grindcore. I'm particularly drawn to super sappy cheesy music (Giuffria has been playing in my head for days now!).

Anyways, hope to contribute to the forum at some point!
Random avatar

Hi everybody, I hail from Grand Rapids Michigan. I play violin in a jazz band and guitar n' keys in a prog rock band, been lovin' the metal ever since my uncle played me Diary of a Madman from his worn 8-track (!) Righteous site though, really top notch. I don't have a huge collection, as many of you do but I am eager to support this endeavor any way I can. Thanks to all of you for your generous shares, I'm sure my blogging partner and I (metal night at the westside palace) will be discussing and reviewing stuff we come across here frequently.
Look forward to meeting you all!
Chris

Hi Metal Maniacs, I'm Tibor, born in Hungary but living in Australia past 25 years, been listening to Metal since I was born, right now I'm into rare US Metal demos from the 80's and 90's. I have been downloading from this site from the beginning so hopefuly I can reupload some rare stuff that have been lost due to Megaupload closing down. This is the BEST site for rare Metal. Thank You Strapado
 Male
Name: TIBOR HORVATH

Got here from the blog ... I'm interested in some metal but more punk, hard rock and whatever from the mid 70s to mid 80s. When I get time, some things end up posted on the girlsfromtahiti blog.
Random avatar
 Male
Name: girlsfromtahiti

Welcome, I'm a big fan of your blog - found very cool swedish 7" over there.
Hope you will be able to find something of interest here to.. cheers!
Sweden (se) Male   YouTube  
Name: Emil

Topics Solved: 1472

Hey guys... Shipac here... been a big fan of demo recordings and decent quality live boots for quite a while so the Strappado blog came in very useful. A lot of great stuff here... hopefully I will be able to contribute in some way. I listen mostly to heavy, power, speed metal and also try to research some of the underground bands... I get to attend a couple of smaller metal festivals a year... and I am halfway alcoholic. (cheers2) (you know what I mean.. he he)
Random avatar

This site looks sweeeeeet.... I am a metal mofo from down under(aus :) )
Random avatar
 Male

as some may have noticed, im the guy behind maze of roots, i have been playing with various finnish projects, mainly bm, punk/grind & doom metal. i have some finnish obscure black metal & grind demos and soon as i get a proper tape deck i´ll rip the only(to knowledge) rehearsal demo by the migthy witchhunter, one of th best trad. doom bands from finland.

so, any questions dont hesitate to ask, i´ll be happy to reply.

.....and, the demo trading would be nice, i imagine at least some of you play in a band.
 Male 

Hail to the thrash maniacs !
Moldova (md) Male 

Topics Solved: 2

you have a lot of italian stuff..very very rare..
Random avatar
 Male

Hi everyone! Glad to be here!! Brithish steel rulz!!!!
Random avatar

Hi my friends,

I am Elias Chatzialexis, almost 42 years old and a metalhead for nearly 30 years.
Some of you may may know me from Corroseum, i am looking forward making new friends here, too.

Cheers
Greece (gr) Male
Name: Elias Chatzialexis

Hi to all! Glad to run on this forum, hope we'll get along.
I'm Filip (Phillip), live in Serbia, huge NWOBHM fan. Nice to see all those people who appreciate good music in one place. Cheers!
Serbia (rs)

hey guys ,seems like a nice forum you got here.

i'm mainly into oldschool metal , been listening to metal around 20 years now. like stuff like (heavy)epic like manilla road,manowar , and good old traditionals like king diamond, iron maiden etc. thrash -stuff like megadeth,overkill ,whiplash,hallows eve (mostly the american type) ,(dm) death,dismember,sepultura and usually most that came in the early 90's etc (bm) 80's second wave likesalem ,sarcofago etc and fast bm like sorhin, the abyss etc. above all i'm into original bands,dont like copies that much (unless they do a perfect copy of a great album,like say, "feel the fire" lol)
Israel (il) Male

I discovered the world of Metal as a kid listening to late night rock radio. And the mysterious album covers in the second hand book shop.
Hexx - Quest for Sanity, Jag Panzer's first MLP and Samson - Before the Storm introduced me.
I've been caught since then.
I've been playing drums since an early age too.

Nice forum!
Random avatar
Sweden (se) Male
Name: Andreas

Ola amigos, My name is Rick from Holland. Every year im a true visitor of the keep it true festival in Germany! Im addicted to the rare and the obscure metal! Thanks for making this forum.
Netherlands (nl) Male

Hi everybody!
This is a very nice forum! I'm Italian, 31 and I'm totally into classic heavy metal!
Random avatar

(metal) I'm John,56 from Belgium and I love nwobhm!!!!!so I'm very happy to be here!!!!!
Random avatar
Belgium (be) Male
Name: John

« Return to General Metal Discussions

« Previous topic | Next topic »