Recommendations, Records, Collections, etc.
General Metal Discussions » christian metal
Has Anybody Ever Heard Of Soul Chamber? They Have A CD Called Kingdom.
Random avatar
 Male

Topics Solved: 0

anybody have any favourite christian metal bands?
Random avatar
 Male

Light Force and Zion are my favorites.

• 1 likes this
FORUM MOD!
R.I.P. 1996 - 2016
United States (us) MaleYouTube  

Topics Solved: 3

I Love Holy Soldier,Sacred Warrior,Bloodgood,Barren Cross My Favourites From The Old School. New School Is Wiszdomstone & Millenial Reign. Does Anybody Have The Lyrics To Wiszdomstone's 'Rise' CD & Jacobs Dream 'Beneathe The Shadows lyrics? Thanx.
Random avatar
 Male

mortification is favorite band of cristian metal
Random avatar
 Male
Name: phil anselmo

LEVITICUS, REFLEX and HOLY SOLDIER.
Sweden (se) Male  YouTube  
Name: Emil

Topics Solved: 2526

Early Trouble and Veni Domine for doom?
 Male

Topics Solved: 2

Deliverance Weapons of our warfare, highly recommended

Also thresher, both the totally possessed demo, and "Here I'm" are pretty good stuff

• 2 likes this
Name: Edgar

RECON

TERAMAZE (sorry, found onyl this bass cover tune...but you can hear the band clearly)

MALACHIA

SARDONYX

ORACLE

BATTALION

TOURNIQUET

• 4 likes this
Bringer of Steel
 Male 

Extol's album Undecieved has been a favorite of mine for years.

• 1 likes this
Random avatar

Recon, Force 3, Light Force, Saint
Chile (cl)

Topics Solved: 2

Emerald, Saint, Whitecross

Topics Solved: 1

Legacy did one of my favorite White Metal songs: "Cross the line" on the Heavy Righteous Metal Sampler - Chapter II - on Pure Records, 1989, and on their self titled LP on Eonian Records, 2010

and of course: Bride (Show no mercy)!!!
Austria (at) Male

I don't like Christian Metal. The lyrics bother me and I can't take it seriously.

• 1 likes this
United States (us) Male

Christian Metal is full of gems. My favorite bands are Sacred Warrior, Messiah, Emerald, Recon, Messiah Force, Bride, Philadelphia, Barren Cross, Rebellion and more...

As for the lyrics glammetal, i can't take seriously the lyrics of a lot of bands that i really enjoy. I don't think that lyrics about Satan for example are more serious than lyrics about christianity or lyrics about partying etc has more to offer (not to mention lyrics about extreme pollitical ideas, ''outbreak'' for example)... These things has nothing to say to me. But as we allways say, it's the music that matters and when we talk about Christian Metal we're reffering to that particullar genre musically (not just the lyrics).
Try not to connect the music you like to hear with the personality of the one who plays the music as you'll have to turn down a lot of bands that would blow you away otherwise. I just try to see what the meaning is and avoid ideologies as anyone has his own point of view.
I'm no Christian either but i think that a lot of Christian bands have really interresting lyrics (try Sacred Warrior - Wicked Generation album for example) and above all else amazing music.
(cheers1)
*Sorry for the huge message*

• 6 likes this
Bringer of Steel
Greece (gr) Male
Name: Kostas

Topics Solved: 9

Emerald,Recon,Sacred Warrior ,and also Trouble and Solitude Aeternus who are also white metal bands!
Random avatar

demonhellrogues wrote:Christian Metal is full of gems. My favorite bands are Sacred Warrior, Messiah, Emerald, Recon, Messiah Force, Bride, Philadelphia, Barren Cross, Rebellion and more...

As for the lyrics glammetal, i can't take seriously the lyrics of a lot of bands that i really enjoy. I don't think that lyrics about Satan for example are more serious than lyrics about christianity or lyrics about partying etc has more to offer (not to mention lyrics about extreme pollitical ideas, ''outbreak'' for example)... These things has nothing to say to me. But as we allways say, it's the music that matters and when we talk about Christian Metal we're reffering to that particullar genre musically (not just the lyrics).
Try not to connect the music you like to hear with the personality of the one who plays the music as you'll have to turn down a lot of bands that would blow you away otherwise. I just try to see what the meaning is and avoid ideologies as anyone has his own point of view.
I'm no Christian either but i think that a lot of Christian bands have really interresting lyrics (try Sacred Warrior - Wicked Generation album for example) and above all else amazing music.
(cheers1)
*Sorry for the huge message*

Ok i will give them a try, thanks.
United States (us) Male

I'm a christian, but that doesn't mean that I fancy all christian themed music. As long as the music's good, the lyrics don't matter much.
But of course I like christian METAL. :D My favourite band's gotta be Messiah Prophet, especially their album Master of the Metal, which has a nice, manly touch to it. Not quite like Thor, but reminds me of it.

• 2 likes this
Germany (de) Male

the best christian goth metal are Saviour Machine
Random avatar
Greece (gr) Male
Name: loko

Whitecross has got to be my favorite...Rex Carroll is one MEAN guitarist. Check out his work with Eden on their "Fan The Flame" album as well...I swear it could pass for a Whitecross album if you didn't see the person put it on. Tourniquet, Deliverance, Light Force/Mortification, Stryper (duh)...there's just so many great ones to pick from.

• 1 likes this

Bleed 'em Dry
Bringer of Steel
United States (us) Male YouTube 
Name: Matt

Topics Solved: 4

Saint, Tourniquet, Sacred Warrior, Believer, Deliverance, early Bride, Neon Cross, Sardonyx are a few of my favorites. There were so many great Christian bands in the late 80's/ early 90's. More recent faves would be F.O.G. and Testify.
Random avatar
United States (us) Male
Name: Terry Hedlund

Saint (Time's End) What a Great Heavy Metal Album Even the Cover / Stryper (The Yellow & Black Attack & Against the Law) & Vengeance Rising Deliverance Sounded Good Should Check Into 'em But i Ain't No Christain if You Look at My Avatar But It's the Music That Counts for Me But My Problem With Most Christain Metal Bands is That is the Lirycs Never Cared for the Lirycs But Saint's Time's End Realy Shocked the Hell Out of Me Couse There is Realy No Repeation of Jesus Nor God It's Just Varied by Other Lirycal Themes Just Not on One Subject But Anyways i Have My Thaughts and Opinions Feel Free to Disagree But Those are My Words and Thaughts

http://i.imgur.com/oQTbd.png
Bringer of Steel
United States (us) MaleYouTube 
Name: Ben Smith

Topics Solved: 16

I don't much care for xian metal, due to the lyrics, but some bands that are "xian-themed" are very cool and the lyrics don't bother me (too much). As for "Satan lyrics" vs "Jesus lyrics", there's a big difference!! (for me). I don't believe in either Satan nor christ, but "Satan" for most metal bands, means rebellion (which is the original meaning of "satan" anyway) and "christ" means dogmatic acceptance of a shoved-down-your-throat manmade-dictatorial-regime. I believe rebellion is a big part of metal, and Satan a big part of rebellion. So I don't mind lyrics about Satan and stuff like that, whereas lyrics about Jesus are really annoying to me.

But groups like Barren Cross or early Trouble have a lot of great songs, and I like them. But my favorite Xian band by far is the mighty SEVENTH AVENUE. Tale of Tales is a MASTERPIECE!!!!!!!!!!!!! And their other albums are great too. I can almost believe in christ when listening to SEVENTH AVENUE because they are so good, ha ha!

• 1 likes this
Bringer of Steel

Topics Solved: 18

i think christian metal not include genre., just taken from lyrical theme's about christ, lord & godness. familiar calling white metal.
Indonesia (id) Male
Name: Ramat As

I like Emerald, Saint, Whitecross Final Axe
Random avatar

metal force wrote:anybody have any favourite christian metal bands?
many
Frost Like Ashes - Feast Eternal - Brutal Cross - Brutal War - Applehead - Global Warning -Tourniquet - Elgibbor - Black Leather - The Moshketeers - The Crucified - Vengeance Rising -Place of Skulls - Victor Griffin In-Graved - Ultimatum – PYLON - HORTOR - LORDCHAIN - IMPALED BAPHOMET - Heaven's Force - Thresher - Michael Phillips - 8 BALL CHOLOS - THE WARNING -THE LEAD – FRANK’S ENEMY

• 1 likes this
FORUM MOD!

Topics Solved: 794

I'm a christian and I like chrisrian metal bands, they are really cool! My favourite vocalist is Christian Liljegren so I like bands in which he sings (Narnia, DivineFire, Modest Attraction, Trinity and more). Good bands by me are also Stryper, Barren Cross, Trouble, Redeemer, Apostle, 100% Proof, Messiah Prophet and Leviticus.

• 2 likes this
FORUM MOD!
Poland (pl) Male
Name: Jacek

Topics Solved: 74

Yeah Christian is a great singer.
Have you seen this video with Venture?

Strappado wrote:Yeah Christian is a great singer.
Have you seen this video with Venture?

Yes, I watched this video. It's great but quality of sound is poor. :( Badly I have no info about this band. I only know that Venture released album in 1988 called 'The Wonderous Diamond'. I would love to hear it! Maybe you have this obscure rarity? I have almost complete discography with Christian, including his solo career - gospel album 'Ett Liv Jag Fått Att Leva' (2002). I miss only Beautiful Mind - Hero [3 track demo] (2002), Trinity - No More Tears [Demo] (1990), Borderline 2 demos, some Modest Attraction stuff and band Creed.
FORUM MOD!
Poland (pl) Male
Name: Jacek

Topics Solved: 74

Yeah very poor quality :( but it's cool to see.
'The Wonderous Diamond' is a 3-track demo from 1988 and not an album. It's true that they planned to record an LP but that sadly never happened. I don't have the demo, but I have been in touch with Christian earlier. I may mail him and ask if he want to help out.

Here is the bio about Venture
Christian Rivel/Liljegren - Vocals (Seven Seas, Borderline, Trinity, Trivial, Narnia, Creed, Golden Resurrection, Modest Attraction, Audiovision etc)
Fredrik Axelsson - Guitars
Mattias Rydell - Guitars (Hellspray)
Thomas Liljeberg - Bass (Straight Flash)
Johan Häll - Drums (Layout, M.ILL.ION, Hellspray. Shivering Spines, Jack Wreesvijk, Stone Free, Sweet Serpentine)
Marika Andersson - Backing Vocals (Layout, Östvalls Trio)

It was a busy time in the beginning of 1988. Venture entered the professional, 24-track "Matchtown Studio" in Husqvarna on the 6th of February to record a three song demo. That was a good, new experience. The songs were "Believe In His Love", "The Mortar" & "The Wonderous Diamond" all songs were aired a lot on the local radiostation in Jönköping.

We went through the first step of the competition and reached the next level in ROCK SM 1988 and that gave us the opportunity to perform on stage in in Gislaved in February. The hall was packed and the show was aired on the radio. Even though we didn't make it to the next level of the competition, it was fantastic to be on stage with a large screaming audience in front of us.

After Rock SM and the recordings we got interest from a recordlabel in U.K called Kingsway and we were planning to record a full-length album. We were so happy about that but the focus were not the best in the band so Venture split up late springtime that year.

I met bassplayer Niklas Franklin in May-88 and he was looking for a vocalist for his new band that he formed together with guitarist Pekka Hagstrand and drummer Johnny Andersson. We called the band Trinity and we did some demos, among them a cover of Scorpions "Holiday". Then Niklas Franklin got an offer to join Leviticus and he took the chance. Leviticus recorded the album "Knights Of Heaven"-88 with ex. Kansas singer John Elefante and his brother Dino as the producers. Leviticus were then touring in Europe with the american band Bloodgood. They also toured in the U.S with Rez Band and even went to Australia.

Then I got an offer from a new band to be their lead vocalist. I joined them and I picked up the name from my former band Trinity.

The line up was:
Christian Liljegren: Lead Vocals
Fredrik Björk: Guitars
Jörgen Björk: Drums
Pierre Andersson: Keyboards
Patrik Carlsson: Bass

It went well in the beginning and in October we recorded a three song demo called "Soldiers Of Freedom". But then we went separate ways because we wanted to go in different directions musically. I've always had passion for symphonic and neoclassic metal but the other members in Trinity were more into music like Van Halen etc. We never did any live-performances with Trinity. They got a new singer, Peter Andersson, and did a couple of demos and played alot in Sweden but finally split up 1991-92.

If I look back on my rock-career I can see that 1988 was one of the most hectic year regarding all the bands that I went in and out of.

In November I met Samuel Gustafsson who was looking for a lead vocalist. He was working together with a guitarplayer called Stephan "Molle" Mohlin. Stephan was very influenced by Malmsteen and Blackmore. I had actually met Stephan for the first time when I rehearsed with Venture back in 1987. The name for this band was Trivial and line up was:

Christian Liljegren: Lead Vocals
Samuel Gustafsson: Bass
Stephan Mohlin: Guitars
Magnus Linde: Drums

The music in Trivial was neoclassic hardrock with strong influences from bands like Malmsteen, Silver Mountain and of course Rainbow.

We rehearsed alot but the band only existed for a couple of months. Again, Kingsway Records from the U.K wanted to sign us. A guy called Leif Cederfjord from the swedish label "Cantio Records" were their contact in Sweden and we had a meeting at a café in Jönköping, discussing the recording of our debutalbum. Just before entering the studio the drummer Magnus Linde quit the band because he didn't want to sacrifice the ammount of time that Trivial wanted from him. We tried to get a new drummer but we we never found a good one so I left the band on the same reasons in January 1989, as Magnus.

• 1 likes this

LOGIN / REGISTER TO BE ABLE TO COMMENT ON POSTS + VOTE TO SEE HIDDEN LINKS

« Return to General Metal Discussions