Recommendations, Records, Collections, etc.
General Metal Discussions » Old (and very rough) demos from my time in a tiny Danish Speed Metal band
  • Hi All

Back in the early 2010s, I joined a small Speed Metal band named Engraver as a guitarist.
    I quickly became the main song writer for the band and recorded quite a few "demos" at home that I would bring to the band as suggestions for songs to play live (and record - but we never got to that).

I recently found this old tracks and have decided to upload them to YouTube.

These tracks are all recorded on limited gear at home and weren't intended for release, merely as an idea to bring to the rest of the band. I played all guitar parts and recorded the vocals (although I was NOT the band's vocalist - as should be obvious). The drum parts were all made with a simple drum machine - again, this was just a concept not intended for wider release. There are no bass parts in any of these recordings.

Production is non-existent, vocals are super rough and drums are - well, a crappy machine... But I thought they were fun enough and back then I did put some work into writing the songs. As previously mentioned, we never got to actually record any of them in studio, so they only exist in this form (save for one which was released on a demo/live compilation we put out after the band ended). The singer, Christian, later joined Steel Inferno and the band rerecorded one of our old tracks (Caught by Her Web) for their latest album.

Well, enough talking, here's a link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MFFb8_14QQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIQNwnYEjNg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSOJiVSNuJo

Currently there's just a 3-track unnamed demo recorded around 2013 uploaded to the channel, but I hope to add more in the near future. I wrote an entire album as well, as well as numerous single tracks and a small concept EP idea (although I don't know if that one still exists). If they bring some joy (or a good laugh) then my mission is accomplished.

All the best
    /Nick
    Denmark (dk) Male

Topics Solved: 0

thank you for these

• 1 likes this
    Bringer of Steel
    United States (us) Male

Topics Solved: 104

You're very welcome

I just thought they were better off "saved" somewhere than just ending up lost on an old USB drive somewhere.

We're a step below demo (maybe sub-demo?), but maybe someone will find something they like in them - or at least interesting...

/N

• 1 likes this
    Denmark (dk) Male

Topics Solved: 0

LOGIN / REGISTER TO BE ABLE TO COMMENT ON POSTS + VOTE TO SEE HIDDEN LINKS

« Return to General Metal Discussions