Recommendations, Records, Collections, etc.
General Metal Discussions » Recent Purchases / Finds
45 tours

Olaf - Rue du Désespoir / La Cité du Rock

http://imageshack.us/a/img694/2724/olafn.jpg

Astaroth - Anges ou Démons / Knocking at Your "Back Door"


http://imageshack.us/a/img163/5156/astarotho.jpg



33 tours

Rock à Rouen - Compilations.

http://imageshack.us/a/img338/6027/rockrouen.jpg
User avatar
Bringer of Steel
France (fr) Male
Status:Offline
Rank: Bringer of Steel
Posts: 427

Reputation: 1698
Topics Solved: 8


Predator's 1989 Demo and Amethyst/Cyan's 1989 Demo:
http://i930.photobucket.com/albums/ad149/Mcniggleston/IMG-20121022-00338.jpg

Strangers - More Tea Vicar? Demo from 1993:
http://i930.photobucket.com/albums/ad149/Mcniggleston/IMG-20121022-00339.jpg
_________________________
-Matt

Bleed 'em Dry
User avatar
Bringer of Steel
United States (us) Male YouTube 
Status:Offline
Name: Matt St.Ours
Rank: Bringer of Steel
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 193

Reputation: 7621
Topics Solved: 4


Liegelord wrote:
Mistereyedee wrote:- Savage - Loose 'N Lethal (1997 NEAT and still-sealed to my surprise)

Sealed?? Hm...Are you sure it isn't t the bootleg???

I don't know if it helps but this is the bootleg matrix: 41-101110 2-71341-01/ma 07783

Hi, sorry for taking so long to respond to you (first time I'm even checking this thread since I last posted in it).

I opened the CD and this is what I found on the reverse side of the disc:
38770AM-01 14317-2 011101-14

It doesn't seem to match the one you showed me. Is it legit?

Here's the label name and catalog number:
Metal Blade - 3984-14317-2

By the way, I saw the recent bootleg release (by Krescendo?) and noticed the front cover is more bluish (like the original LP). The front cover of the CD I bought looks more greenish, and the jewel case has the black tray instead of it being clear.
_________________________
http://forcesofsteel.com/forums - Forces of Steel: Universal Metalhead Community
http://jpmetal.org - Japanese Metal Forum
Random avatar
United States (us) Male 
Status:Offline
Rank: Fear My Way
Posts: 95

Reputation: 130
Topics Solved: 0


Liegelord wrote:Having a sealed copy since 1997 doesn't mean you take good care of your collection...It means you don't listen to your collection! (hehe1) Unless he had a spare copy...
Anyway,unless someone has discovered a "lost" stock of originals, there are 100s more sealed Savage bootleg CDs, "looking for home", than originals ,so everyone must be cautious....

I also recently bought Hellion's Up from the Depths CD (brand new). You just never know what you're gonna find on eBay. ;)
_________________________
http://forcesofsteel.com/forums - Forces of Steel: Universal Metalhead Community
http://jpmetal.org - Japanese Metal Forum
Random avatar
United States (us) Male 
Status:Offline
Rank: Fear My Way
Posts: 95

Reputation: 130
Topics Solved: 0


Mistereyedee wrote:
Liegelord wrote:
Mistereyedee wrote:- Savage - Loose 'N Lethal (1997 NEAT and still-sealed to my surprise)

Sealed?? Hm...Are you sure it isn't t the bootleg???

I don't know if it helps but this is the bootleg matrix: 41-101110 2-71341-01/ma 07783

Hi, sorry for taking so long to respond to you (first time I'm even checking this thread since I last posted in it).

I opened the CD and this is what I found on the reverse side of the disc:
38770AM-01 14317-2 011101-14

It doesn't seem to match the one you showed me. Is it legit?

Here's the label name and catalog number:
Metal Blade - 3984-14317-2

By the way, I saw the recent bootleg release (by Krescendo?) and noticed the front cover is more bluish (like the original LP). The front cover of the CD I bought looks more greenish, and the jewel case has the black tray instead of it being clear.

The bootleg I've seen it's more green and with black tray, as well, but I'm afraid I can't help you more than this... Maybe yours it's original, maybe its a bootleg... But as I said I'm not a huge bootleg expert neither. Most of the times I just use my common sense to track the bootlegs:
a) Has the seller any other obvious bootlegs currently for sale?
b)Has he sold any boots in the past?
c)Has he sold the same (supposedly rare) item many times in the past?
d) Is the item sold in much lower price than it was expected?
e) Any negative comments refering to the authenticity of the items?
These and some more, along with the Metal Treasures data base, give me the (solid) indications I need to keep myself away from trouble.
But my friendly advice is not to bother too much (since you already bought it). Sit back, enjoy the music and worry only if/when you plan to resell it.
User avatar
 Male
Status:Offline
Rank: Fear My Way
Posts: 83

Reputation: 35
Topics Solved: 2


Liegelord wrote:The bootleg I've seen it's more green and with black tray, as well, but I'm afraid I can't help you more than this... Maybe yours it's original, maybe its a bootleg... But as I said I'm not a huge bootleg expert neither. Most of the times I just use my common sense to track the bootlegs:
a) Has the seller any other obvious bootlegs currently for sale?
b)Has he sold any boots in the past?
c)Has he sold the same (supposedly rare) item many times in the past?
d) Is the item sold in much lower price than it was expected?
e) Any negative comments refering to the authenticity of the items?
These and some more, along with the Metal Treasures data base, give me the (solid) indications I need to keep myself away from trouble.
But my friendly advice is not to bother too much (since you already bought it). Sit back, enjoy the music and worry only if/when you plan to resell it.

I'm not the least bit convinced it's a bootleg. I did check the seller's feedback and the only negative and neutral feedback given were due to shipping delays. The positive feedback people were satisfied with their purchases, and many CDs sold were used and at varying prices (since they were auctions). Also, the seller is from the United Kingdom (bootlegs usually come from Greece).
_________________________
http://forcesofsteel.com/forums - Forces of Steel: Universal Metalhead Community
http://jpmetal.org - Japanese Metal Forum
Random avatar
United States (us) Male 
Status:Offline
Rank: Fear My Way
Posts: 95

Reputation: 130
Topics Solved: 0


Mistereyedee wrote:
Liegelord wrote:The bootleg I've seen it's more green and with black tray, as well, but I'm afraid I can't help you more than this... Maybe yours it's original, maybe its a bootleg... But as I said I'm not a huge bootleg expert neither. Most of the times I just use my common sense to track the bootlegs:
a) Has the seller any other obvious bootlegs currently for sale?
b)Has he sold any boots in the past?
c)Has he sold the same (supposedly rare) item many times in the past?
d) Is the item sold in much lower price than it was expected?
e) Any negative comments refering to the authenticity of the items?
These and some more, along with the Metal Treasures data base, give me the (solid) indications I need to keep myself away from trouble.
But my friendly advice is not to bother too much (since you already bought it). Sit back, enjoy the music and worry only if/when you plan to resell it.

I'm not the least bit convinced it's a bootleg. I did check the seller's feedback and the only negative and neutral feedback given were due to shipping delays. The positive feedback people were satisfied with their purchases, and many CDs sold were used and at varying prices (since they were auctions). Also, the seller is from the United Kingdom (bootlegs usually come from Greece).

I made an inquiry at the current ebay lists.
This is most probably the original:
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/CD-Savage-Loose-N-Lethal-NEAT-METAL-RECORDS-1997-NWOBHM-RARE-/00/s/NzY4WDEwMjQ=/$(KGrHqJHJBoE8fEV)eWCBPPgovDDLg~~60_12.JPG
It's sold for about 39,99 $ by a well known Dutch seller (bought once from him too).

This how the "green version" bootleg looks like:
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/SAVAGE-Loose-n-Lethal-Iron-Maiden-Saxan-Jaguar-Witchfynde-Judas-Priest-/00/s/NzY4WDgxNg==/$(KGrHqNHJDkFBjY4PYeJBQg!jZhl3Q~~60_12.JPG
It is being sold by a couple of Greeks and an american seller for around 7-12 $.

There is also the Krescendo 2008 "blue" version, which you told me that is bootleg too and looks like this:
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/SAVAGE-Loose-n-Lethal-11-track-CD-SEALED-NWOBHM-/00/s/MTYwMFg4ODI=/$T2eC16hHJGkE9no8jDqpBQ,z7hSekg~~60_12.JPG
It's sold by various sellers, in various prices.

I hoped I helped you and any potential buyer.
User avatar
 Male
Status:Offline
Rank: Fear My Way
Posts: 83

Reputation: 35
Topics Solved: 2


Liegelord wrote:
Mistereyedee wrote:
Liegelord wrote:The bootleg I've seen it's more green and with black tray, as well, but I'm afraid I can't help you more than this... Maybe yours it's original, maybe its a bootleg... But as I said I'm not a huge bootleg expert neither. Most of the times I just use my common sense to track the bootlegs:
a) Has the seller any other obvious bootlegs currently for sale?
b)Has he sold any boots in the past?
c)Has he sold the same (supposedly rare) item many times in the past?
d) Is the item sold in much lower price than it was expected?
e) Any negative comments refering to the authenticity of the items?
These and some more, along with the Metal Treasures data base, give me the (solid) indications I need to keep myself away from trouble.
But my friendly advice is not to bother too much (since you already bought it). Sit back, enjoy the music and worry only if/when you plan to resell it.

I'm not the least bit convinced it's a bootleg. I did check the seller's feedback and the only negative and neutral feedback given were due to shipping delays. The positive feedback people were satisfied with their purchases, and many CDs sold were used and at varying prices (since they were auctions). Also, the seller is from the United Kingdom (bootlegs usually come from Greece).

I made an inquiry at the current ebay lists.
This is most probably the original:
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/CD-Savage-Loose-N-Lethal-NEAT-METAL-RECORDS-1997-NWOBHM-RARE-/00/s/NzY4WDEwMjQ=/$(KGrHqJHJBoE8fEV)eWCBPPgovDDLg~~60_12.JPG
It's sold for about 39,99 $ by a well known Dutch seller (bought once from him too).

This how the "green version" bootleg looks like:
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/SAVAGE-Loose-n-Lethal-Iron-Maiden-Saxan-Jaguar-Witchfynde-Judas-Priest-/00/s/NzY4WDgxNg==/$(KGrHqNHJDkFBjY4PYeJBQg!jZhl3Q~~60_12.JPG
It is being sold by a couple of Greeks and an american seller for around 7-12 $.

There is also the Krescendo 2008 "blue" version, which you told me that is bootleg too and looks like this:
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/SAVAGE-Loose-n-Lethal-11-track-CD-SEALED-NWOBHM-/00/s/MTYwMFg4ODI=/$T2eC16hHJGkE9no8jDqpBQ,z7hSekg~~60_12.JPG
It's sold by various sellers, in various prices.

I hoped I helped you and any potential buyer.


This is Probably A Bit Late Now But I Own This One as Well, The One i Own is the Same Metal Balde Records Reissue and i Got it Used at a Record Store in Reno Called Recycled Records

I Can See Some Differences on the "So-Called" Green Version, the Text Fonts are a Bit Different Than Compared to My Copy,

This is Also a Good Note to Detect Bootlegs is to Look Carefuly at the Text Fonts, That's Also How You Can Tell if It's a Bootleg
_________________________
_______________________________________________________
If Any of My Links End up Dead i Will Re-up 'em as Soon as Possible

http://i.imgur.com/oQTbd.png
User avatar
Bringer of Steel
United States (us) MaleYouTube 
Status:Offline
Name: Ben Smith
Rank: Bringer of Steel
Location: Susanville
Posts: 641

Reputation: 12189
Topics Solved: 16


Liegelord wrote:This how the "green version" bootleg looks like:
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/SAVAGE-Loose-n-Lethal-Iron-Maiden-Saxan-Jaguar-Witchfynde-Judas-Priest-/00/s/NzY4WDgxNg==/$(KGrHqNHJDkFBjY4PYeJBQg!jZhl3Q~~60_12.JPG
It is being sold by a couple of Greeks and an american seller for around 7-12 $.

Hm. Well, shit. That's the exact one I got. But what about the matrix number I provided you? It doesn't match the one you showed me (it seems like the numbers were reversed, now that I compare the two). Or could it possibly be another bootleg? Then again, I bought it for $5 so I can't complain.

EDIT: I just went and compared my copy to the one I quoted in this post, and my copy isn't THAT green. It doesn't look very blue either. Also, on the back side of my copy's booklet (where it says "Bonus Tracks") I see less of a gap. (The one you showed me has a bigger gap between "Bonus Tracks" and "9. No Cause to Kill (1980 Demo)".)
_________________________
http://forcesofsteel.com/forums - Forces of Steel: Universal Metalhead Community
http://jpmetal.org - Japanese Metal Forum
Random avatar
United States (us) Male 
Status:Offline
Rank: Fear My Way
Posts: 95

Reputation: 130
Topics Solved: 0


First of all, sorry for being the one that spoiled the fun. Buying Cds has become much more complicated than it used to be...

Secondly, here is my last piece of advice inorder to tell if your CD is bootleg or not:
The philosophy of the greek bootlegs that emerged in the 00s was more or less the same (as it was made by the same guy). Most of the times he didn't aim to make a complete replica of the original, but he wanted to keep it CHEAP, SIMPLE and MINIMALISTIC. So his "trademark" is that he strips down the booklets from what he doesn't think necessary. If you compare the photo of the original Savage booklet to the bootleg one, you'll notice that the "Also Available" album covers icons are gone. But what is really going to tell you the truth, are the pages 2-3 of the booklet. I haven't seen the original, but the boot contains only the lyrics and no other info, credits,photos etc, not even the band members are mentioned, which is totally unusual for an official release.
As I said, this is my last piece of advice...Wish you luck.


PS. I'm afraid that the most serious warning sign was the one that mentioned first... Hundreds of SEALED Savage bootleg CDs are looking for a buyer compared to the very few remaining sealed original ones. The odds were against you from the beggining.
User avatar
 Male
Status:Offline
Rank: Fear My Way
Posts: 83

Reputation: 35
Topics Solved: 2


http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcat9pHUvY1rj9vx9o1_500.jpg

Some cool stuff I bought over the summer in Sweden, Norway and Germany. Pretty happy to have the SMA 2 Compilation, been trying to find it for a reasonable price for a while.
User avatar
Australia (au) FemaleFemale
Status:Offline
Name: Laura
Rank: Fear My Way
Location: Tasmania
Posts: 52

Reputation: 17
Topics Solved: 0


45 Tours

Bottom Line (FRA) - Do You Belond to Nasty Zone? / False Start!

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/7648/bottomline.jpg



Self Induction - Grand Prix / Nuit et Brouillard

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/3820/selfinduction.jpg
User avatar
Bringer of Steel
France (fr) Male
Status:Offline
Rank: Bringer of Steel
Posts: 427

Reputation: 1698
Topics Solved: 8


Liegelord wrote:This is most probably the original:
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/CD-Savage-Loose-N-Lethal-NEAT-METAL-RECORDS-1997-NWOBHM-RARE-/00/s/NzY4WDEwMjQ=/$(KGrHqJHJBoE8fEV)eWCBPPgovDDLg~~60_12.JPG
It's sold for about 39,99 $ by a well known Dutch seller (bought once from him too).



$40?!? I got it very a very cool price then.

Thanks for the explanation about the differences.I knew I bought the original but after reading about the other versions I was getting doubts about it.
Random avatar
Netherlands (nl) FemaleFemale
Status:Offline
Rank: Fear My Way
Posts: 89

Reputation: 13
Topics Solved: 0


Cd
Fingernails - Fingernails
Communion - EP

Cassettes:
Malice - In The Beginning
Omen - The Curse (it's a little hard to find in my country)
Chainsaw (Chile) - The Announcement
User avatar
Chile (cl)
Status:Offline
Rank: Armed For Battle
Posts: 24

Reputation: 9
Topics Solved: 0


Finally I bought BLACKLIST - THE SIGN OF 4 for 25 Euros. (10 Euros discount from the first price)
_________________________
DRINK THE BLOOD OF THE PRIEST AS IT FLOWS FROM THE ALTAR
User avatar
Bringer of Steel
Status:Offline
Name: Sarissoforos
Rank: Bringer of Steel
Location: Hlembotzar
Posts: 369

Reputation: 3043
Topics Solved: 9


CDs (finally in my hands):

Running Wild - Gates To Purgatory
Running Wild - Under Jolly Roger
Running Wild - Port Royal
Dammaj - Mutiny
Taist Of Iron - Resurrection

Cassettes:

Deaf Dealer - Keeper Of The Flame
Savatage - The Dungeons Are Calling
User avatar
Chile (cl)
Status:Offline
Rank: Axe Crazy
Location: Terminal Earth
Posts: 352

Reputation: 171
Topics Solved: 2


Soggy (fra) - Slog

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/2586/recordssoggy2recto.jpg

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/3895/recordssoggy2verso.jpg
User avatar
Bringer of Steel
France (fr) Male
Status:Offline
Rank: Bringer of Steel
Posts: 427

Reputation: 1698
Topics Solved: 8


http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/3121/jdemo2.gif

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/2849/jdemo1.gif

  • 1 likes this
Random avatar
Bringer of Steel
Japan (jp) Male
Status:Offline
Rank: Bringer of Steel
Posts: 228

Reputation: 15027
Topics Solved: 54


steeler wrote:http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/3121/jdemo2.gif

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/2849/jdemo1.gif



great find man ! always good to see some Japanese demo stuff !!
Random avatar
Bringer of Steel
Israel (il) Male
Status:Offline
Rank: Bringer of Steel
Posts: 76

Reputation: 1505
Topics Solved: 2


Liegelord wrote:
Mistereyedee wrote:
Liegelord wrote:The bootleg I've seen it's more green and with black tray, as well, but I'm afraid I can't help you more than this... Maybe yours it's original, maybe its a bootleg... But as I said I'm not a huge bootleg expert neither. Most of the times I just use my common sense to track the bootlegs:
a) Has the seller any other obvious bootlegs currently for sale?
b)Has he sold any boots in the past?
c)Has he sold the same (supposedly rare) item many times in the past?
d) Is the item sold in much lower price than it was expected?
e) Any negative comments refering to the authenticity of the items?
These and some more, along with the Metal Treasures data base, give me the (solid) indications I need to keep myself away from trouble.
But my friendly advice is not to bother too much (since you already bought it). Sit back, enjoy the music and worry only if/when you plan to resell it.

I'm not the least bit convinced it's a bootleg. I did check the seller's feedback and the only negative and neutral feedback given were due to shipping delays. The positive feedback people were satisfied with their purchases, and many CDs sold were used and at varying prices (since they were auctions). Also, the seller is from the United Kingdom (bootlegs usually come from Greece).

I made an inquiry at the current ebay lists.
This is most probably the original:
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/CD-Savage-Loose-N-Lethal-NEAT-METAL-RECORDS-1997-NWOBHM-RARE-/00/s/NzY4WDEwMjQ=/$(KGrHqJHJBoE8fEV)eWCBPPgovDDLg~~60_12.JPG
It's sold for about 39,99 $ by a well known Dutch seller (bought once from him too).

This how the "green version" bootleg looks like:
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/SAVAGE-Loose-n-Lethal-Iron-Maiden-Saxan-Jaguar-Witchfynde-Judas-Priest-/00/s/NzY4WDgxNg==/$(KGrHqNHJDkFBjY4PYeJBQg!jZhl3Q~~60_12.JPG
It is being sold by a couple of Greeks and an american seller for around 7-12 $.

There is also the Krescendo 2008 "blue" version, which you told me that is bootleg too and looks like this:
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/SAVAGE-Loose-n-Lethal-11-track-CD-SEALED-NWOBHM-/00/s/MTYwMFg4ODI=/$T2eC16hHJGkE9no8jDqpBQ,z7hSekg~~60_12.JPG
It's sold by various sellers, in various prices.

I hoped I helped you and any potential buyer.



There is Metal blade /Neat edition. It does look similar to Greek boot,but the cover isn't that green and booklet has liner notes written by Gerry Sharpe-Young and on the last page it has some other info. I bough the cd 6-7 years ago through the English seller.

http://www.discogs.com/Savage-Loose-N-L ... se/2565201
User avatar
Bringer of Steel
Status:Offline
Rank: Bringer of Steel
Posts: 786

Reputation: 13691
Topics Solved: 65


« Return to General Metal Discussions



Related Topics  Author   Replies   Views 
related Heavy Metal Rarities on Social Media: Keep track of Recent Uploads

Strappado

1

1571


« Previous topic | Next topic »

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest