New Releases, Promotion, Reunions, Newcomers etc.
Metal News / Promotion » Malc Macmillan's NWOBHM Encyclopedia - back in print
  • Is everyone aware this book is now back in print? I got my copy in the post today from a marketplace seller on Amazon.co.uk, although Iron Pages are also selling it directly through their ebay store. So now there's no need to bid ridiculous amounts for used copies on ebay!
     Male

Topics Solved: 3

Thanks,that's a good news indeed!
    Name: Marco

Topics Solved: 70

That's great! Everyone should have this book.

I already have one, so I must ask: is this a new edition or just a straight reprint?
    Bringer of Steel

Topics Solved: 0

Think it's a reprint - discographies for bands like Iron Maiden and Venom only go up to 2000 so I assume it hasn't been revised/updated.
     Male

OK, thanks for the info!
    Bringer of Steel

AMAZING. Many thanks for letting us know... I did not see this post untill now or heard about this reprint. I'm not loosing this BIBLE a second time. I saw that ''US Metal Vol 1'', ''US Metal Vol 2'' and ''Heavy Metal made in Germany'' are back in print too but unfortunately i think that these are in German only... I'm going to order a copy right away. Many thanks again for these wonderful news, this made my day...
    Bringer of Steel
    Greece (gr) Male
    Name: Kostas

Topics Solved: 9

Damn. Looks like very interesting book! I read a review of it minute ago.. fuck I wish I wasn't so broke atm. Any idea does this run out of print very fast?? I mean because of small amount of pressings or so.

I'm just about to think to order this and save money of some other things if it ain't gonna be available for long.. Ideal would be if I could wait month or two. Damn.

[wtf]
    Name: Tane Norther

I made up my mind and ordered mine at Book Depository.com just minute ago!
    http://www.bookdepository.com/New-Wave- ... 3931624163
    (no affiliate links or other tricks there, just to let you know)
    Seems to be 32euros without shipping costs worldwide. Seemed like ok to me!

Hopefully the book delivers without problems as I'vent never used that website before. Hopefully I get mine next week.. looks like interesting Book!

So far I've only Martin Popoff’s Goldmine Heavy Metal Record Price Guide considering heavy metal books.

• 1 likes this

gravedigger84 wrote:I made up my mind and ordered mine at Book Depository.com just minute ago!
    http://www.bookdepository.com/New-Wave- ... 3931624163
    (no affiliate links or other tricks there, just to let you know)
    Seems to be 32euros without shipping costs worldwide. Seemed like ok to me!

Hopefully the book delivers without problems as I'vent never used that website before. Hopefully I get mine next week.. looks like interesting Book!

So far I've only Martin Popoff’s Goldmine Heavy Metal Record Price Guide considering heavy metal books.

Thanks, was going to buy it off Ebay but that's a bit cheaper and the free shipping is always a plus so I ordered it copy off there.
    Canada (ca)

Cool!
    I don't know if that pressing is the new reprint or old 2001, but reading comments here I'm under the impression that they are one and the same in content - non-updated. But I would guess this is new pressing anyway since the old has been pretty much out of print? And as another thing Book Depository seems to be formed 2004 so unless they bought a set of those years after the release it should be new print perhaps..

Anyway I'll let you all know what the book release information says about publication date when my copy arrives!

Hopefully this company is trustworthy. At least I checked few user reviews about it before ordering and everything seemed good. Edit: This company seems to be working in co-operation with Amazon so it should be good! Funny that Amazon sells this book as more expensive, I guess they get their cut out of profits.

Funny note: If you go to Amazon.com and search for the book. You can find out that you can buy the book from Amazon.com, through Book Depository also - but in this case it's 49,20e. Quite a difference. I think it has postage costs in addition to that.

Waiting my copy to arrive the week after next one. It seems delivery times are following:

United Kingdom 3-5 working days
    Europe 7-10 working days
    US & Canada 14 working days
    Australia and Rest of the World 7-10 working days
    Track order at: bookdepository.co.uk/track

I'm in Finland so need to wait little bit. O 'well :-)

Anyone wanting to read a review about this book - here's one I found:
    http://www.metal-rules.com/review/viewr ... ook+Review)

gravedigger84 wrote:Cool!
    I don't know if that pressing is the new reprint or old 2001, but reading comments here I'm under the impression that they are one and the same in content - non-updated. But I would guess this is new pressing anyway since the old has been pretty much out of print? And as another thing Book Depository seems to be formed 2004 so unless they bought a set of those years after the release it should be new print perhaps..

Anyway I'll let you all know what the book release information says about publication date when my copy arrives!

Hopefully this company is trustworthy. At least I checked few user reviews about it before ordering and everything seemed good. Edit: This company seems to be working in co-operation with Amazon so it should be good! Funny that Amazon sells this book as more expensive, I guess they get their cut out of profits.

Funny note: If you go to Amazon.com and search for the book. You can find out that you can buy the book from Amazon.com, through Book Depository also - but in this case it's 49,20e. Quite a difference. I think it has postage costs in addition to that.

Waiting my copy to arrive the week after next one. It seems delivery times are following:

United Kingdom 3-5 working days
    Europe 7-10 working days
    US & Canada 14 working days
    Australia and Rest of the World 7-10 working days
    Track order at: bookdepository.co.uk/track

I'm in Finland so need to wait little bit. O 'well :-)

Anyone wanting to read a review about this book - here's one I found:
    http://www.metal-rules.com/review/viewr ... ook+Review)

Nice, and your a bit lucky since I unfortunately up here in Canada I got to wait 14 days, haha and I thought CDs taking a week were long, 3 weeks is going to be nice to wait for.
    Canada (ca)

Oh man (goblin) Well I hope it's worth the wait (cheers) EU -> US / CAN deliveries and counterwise always take damn long.

It's definitely a reprint rather than new old stock - Iron Pages describe it as a 're-release' on their ebay listing. I ordered my copy from the Book Depository via Amazon.co.uk and it arrived no problem (to the UK) so I can confirm they are a trustworthy seller. It took a little while longer than expected to arrive but still within the delivery time that Amazon specified. By the way, I'd been after this book for years and it is everything I hoped it would be. 'Unputdownable' would be an accurate description!
     Male

Got mine today!
    It came rather quickly cause it should had taken 7-10 days, but took only 5 working days.

That said sadly it was very slightly damaged in posting - maybe in nitpicking it but.. I always am when it's about collectibles and such.

Something heavy has been against one of it's corners pressing that corner and first pages down a bit so theres quite slight "dent". Luckily no pages were broken or ripped at least!

So far looks like great book and very interesting, although I've just taken quick look. Gonna read some today :)

http://i.imgur.com/7x71m.jpg

By the way book says: Third Edition February 2012.
    Whatever that means - reprint or updated? At least pages are exactly 800.

i had this book years ago and sold it because i didnt care for it.
    he give crappy reviews of every band i like so i dont care for the book at all.
    otherwise it's a great book though,if your just interested in all the info.
    his opinion and taste in music blows though.

« Return to Metal News / Promotion