Bootlegs [Hard Rock] » Ratt (US) - Studio Demos [Bootleg] (1980-1983)
  • https://i.imgur.com/iPBnb5b.jpeghmrforum.png

Artist: Ratt
    Release: Studio Demos 1980-83 [Bootleg]
    Genre: Hard Rock
    Bitrate: 320 kbps
    Hidden Link
    MEGA link
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    2020 Black Cat Records

This bootleg CD “Studio Demos” contains demos from 1980-83 including their very first indie 7”.

This is not the liberated bootleg titled ‘Reach For My Detonator’ and similar titles, nor the ‘Mickey Ratt demos’ – the tracks and sound quality on “Studio Demos” is far superior.

The origins of RATT go at least as far back as 1976 with a San Diego band called Mickey Ratt, which was formed by vocalist Stephen Pearcy. Mickey Ratt went through various line-ups. Members included guitarists Jake E. Lee, Chris Hager, Paul DeNisco, and Bob DeLellis, bassists Matt Thorr, Tim Garcia, and Dave Jellison, Mike New, and drummers John Turner, Seth Faver, Dave Alford, and Bob Eisenberg.

In 1980, the band moved to Los Angeles to increase their chances of landing a recording contract with a major label. The band recorded a single called “Dr. Rock” / “Drivin’ on E”, which was given to fans at their early Los Angeles club shows. Guitarist Jake E. Lee joined the line up.

In 1981, the band’s name was shortened to RATT. Robbin Crosby played with the band later in the year. Jake E. Lee, Chris Hager, Matt Thorr, and Dave Alford all left Ratt to form another band called Rough Cutt. Guitarist Warren DeMartini joined in January 1982 (recommended by Lee). Bassist Gene Hunter (from Jake E. Lee’s Teaser) and drummer Khurt Maier (who played drums on the early “Tell The World” recording) would temporarily play in Ratt before Bobby Blotzer and Juan Croucier (also with the band Dokken).

DeMartini was only 18 years old when he was called up to Los Angeles to join Ratt. At the time he was attending college in San Diego and reluctant to drop out to join a band that had, so far, only limited success.

Marq Torien briefly replaced DeMartini, though Warren returned in time for the recording of their debut EP, later in 1982. Meanwhile, several demos were taped.

“Studio Demos” display a band at the verge of success, rockin’ hot.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    01 – Driven On E
    02 – Doctor Rock
    03 – Satisfaction Guaranteed (Chain Reaction)
    04 – One Step Away
    05 – Borrowed Time
    06 – Top Secret
    07 – Chances
    08 – Run Around With Me
    09 – Fire Me Up

https://i.imgur.com/QdGqjtK.jpeghmrforum.png

Enjoy!!

Chuck
    United States (us) Male
    Name: Chuck

Topics Solved: 10

Hey Chuck. I'm looking for no one can stop u now studio mixed version that was to be on tell the world best of ratt 2007. It got pulled last minute due to Juan not approving the release. It's the same song chances on here but this is the actual finished mix version I'm looking for
    Random avatar
    United States (us) Male
    Name: Cinderfox

Topics Solved: 0

AFAIK that track has never been leaked to the bootleg community.
    United States (us) Male
    Name: Chuck

Topics Solved: 10

LOGIN / REGISTER TO BE ABLE TO COMMENT ON POSTS + VOTE TO SEE HIDDEN LINKS

« Return to Bootlegs [Hard Rock]