Bootlegs [Heavy / Power] » Helstar (US) - Live at Scum, Katwijk Aan Zee, Netherlands [Bootleg] (12/12-1988)
  • https://i.imgur.com/EzqAwDV.jpg

Artist: Helstar
    Release: Live in Holland 12/12/1988
    Genre: Power Metal
    Bitrate: 229 - 237kbps [YouTube Rip]
    Hidden Link
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    This was originally ripped from YouTube, though I've modified it a bit to make it listenable. These changes include boosting the volume and removing some audio cuts. The sound quality is a bit lacking, though it's still very enjoyable. I also quickly made a cover and gave it a simple name to make it feel more complete. If you like it, please tell me, as I'd really appreciate it.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Intro
    2. The King is Dead
    3. Bitter End
    4. Evil Reign
    5. Abandon Ship
    6. Toward the Unknown
    7. Conquest
    8. Tyrannicide
    9. Run with the Pack
    10. Scorcher
    11. Genius of Insanity
    12. Dracula's Castle
    13. Witch's Eye
    14. Angel of Death
    15. He's a Woman, She's a Man (Scorpions Cover)

https://i.imgur.com/YJTYZiJ.png

Here are the videos that I got this from (I obviously didn't include stuff from the other band that plays in part 2):

United States (us) MaleYouTube 
    Name: Zach

Topics Solved: 0

I'm really enjoying this one, pretty nice sound. Thanks for your efforts. Shame it's mono though.:(
    Bringer of Steel

Topics Solved: 65

akira wrote:I'm really enjoying this one, pretty nice sound. Thanks for your efforts. Shame it's mono though.:(

Thanks! I'm sorry about the mono sound, there really wasn't much I could do with the actual source. I still think I did a good job considering it's a YouTube rip. I kinda wish this was Nosferatu era Helstar, as that would make an even better show than this already is.

Your restoration is excellent. There is official release Twas the Night Of Hellish Xmas, but that one is also mono. Personally I don't mind whichever Helstar era is. I like all 80's albums. Pity that Corbin was only on one of them. He is the best guitar player they had. Shame that Barragan slags him whenever he has the opportunity. Nosferatu was the most technical album they released.
    Bringer of Steel

I believe that Corbin was also on "A Distant Thunder" too, and I agree that he was the band's best guitarist. Also, I have heard of that live album before, and I've heard it doesn't have the best quality. I'm looking to get Helstar's "James Rivera Legacy" soon, as I've heard really good things about it.

Yeah, Corbin was on ADT too. He is now in a band called Temple of Blood, excellent speed metal. They are planning to release their third album soon, hopefully. JRL is a great compilation with post Nosferatu demo 92 and Vigilante demo. Vigilante is actually band of Rivera and Remnants of war guitar player Russel DeLeon, who is now in the band. The same line up released Multiples of Black in 1995.

• 1 likes this
    Bringer of Steel

God dam, man you really did a fine job restoring this show. I've been playing parts of this for a while now and it's a fine job. Keep up the good work.

« Return to Bootlegs [Heavy / Power]