Updates and news regarding the forum!.
Announcements » There are some piece of scum...
  • Sorry to say that but it's not the first time that i find my stuff shared in other forums without giving me credits... I never forbid to share my bootlegs and the rest if people give me the right acknowledgement...but the worst is to discover some fucking leechers that when post my shows don't make their own uploads but simply use my links...FUCK YOU... this could be a good reason to make me stop posting...

I just saw the post of one of this shithead...he uses hz138 as nickname on the other forum...hey,you are going to have a litlle surprise...
    Name: Marco

Topics Solved: 70

On which forum did you see it?
    hz138 is on this forum too: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=10596
    FORUM MOD!
    Poland (pl) Male
    Name: Jacek

Topics Solved: 79

I think you are overreactring... The reason you post stuff is for people to listen to otherwise anavailable, or hard to find, recordings. You don't share stuff so you can get recognition from the worwide internet metal comunity. So if you uploads reach more people, than you should be happy and not pissed because someone didn't mentioned you on his post. It's for the love of music that we upload our stuff....

• 3 likes this
    Mik
    Bringer of Steel
    Name: Mik

Topics Solved: 7

@Mik... every upload took me about an hour(i have a slow connection...),not to mention the money and time spent to buy lp,cd and demos and going to concert and festivals...i thought i was clear when i wrote that i never forbid ANYONE to share my stuff...but PLEASE,MAKE YOUR OWN FUCKING UPLOAD,DON'T USE MY LINKS.

here is the link to the other forum:

http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f90/ci ... 81659.html

hz138 post it today...but...surprise,surprise the link now is dead...i deleted it from my account...I originally posted it here:

viewtopic.php?f=144&t=8527

Hi Marco !

I understand you pretty well - i used to be in the past a lot like you're feeling right now.
    But, you have to understand that some users don't think same way as you.
    For them, since your upload is in the web, you loose any right to demand this or that. That file you uploaded belongs now for everyone who got it and can upload it elsewhere everytime they want it, giving or not credits to the original uploader.
    Is this ethic ? Specially when they know who was the original ripper/uploader ? Of course not. But you, me, or anyone else can't do anything against it. This is why i share music with everyone on the web who wants the file i'm uploading - and other times i only share some music privately - only for special friends. This means - i choose what i don't mind to be spreaded and also i choose what have to be just for me and for a handful of friends.

In the past i always thought that my uploads were exclusively for other members in same Forum, but since i started to see my stuff being spread and 95% without any credit - i lost my temper.

I calmed down since then and in Foruns that are known for music sharing like HM Rarities we simply have to things going - unless you wish to be just like all the others - a silent dude - just giving some reputation points and spreading your stuff in P2P or in other sites.
    That's the ultimate goal - to be different - and to keep sharing rare music like the one you did so far. So, please keep your stuff together, calm down and continue your amazing job of letting all of us know better the italian scene and the music you like.

By the way - in 2013 you wrote here in the Forum something like this : "I know that in the future some of my uploads will be spread in the web without giving me credits...and i don't care".

Keep that in memory and continue your sharing music atittude. Thanks !

• 3 likes this

Topics Solved: 18

This is my last post here on the HMR Forum...

hz138 provocations are going on...

viewtopic.php?f=144&t=8527&view=unread#unread

So i had to delete all my links,I apologize to those who in the last few hours posted or gives me a like to download some of my stuff and did not find
    the links,please contact me via pm if you still want them,after that i will delete my account here,see you on the road!!!

Where is Emil to try to find a solution for this problem ?

Topics Solved: 18

Bummer, but I understand nonseinormale65.
    Thanks for the terrific recordings you shared, especially ones you recorded.

This reminds me of another forum I joined 1 or 2 years ago, to get a particular concert.
    I was about to start uploading for there, but somebody already had found and re-uploaded certain rare things I had shared [without crediting me or the sites they came from]. I was angry at first. NOW, I listen to advice given to me - don't upload anything you don't want the entire world to eventually get.

• 2 likes this
    Canada (ca) Male 

Topics Solved: 345

A common issue and hard to prevent i'm afraid. I'm sad to see you go Marco but I understand your decision.
    hz138 have been banned since he didn't followed the forum rules and Marcos wishes in his profile.

"OK to share my rips?: Only if credits is given"

That's all I can do from here =/
    Sweden (se) Male   YouTube  
    Name: Emil

Topics Solved: 1472

Not for nothing, but why does anyone want credit for uploading SOMEONE ELSES MUSIC? Do you want production credits for the rip? jesus christ. That's about as un-metal of an attitude as I can think of. I have burned and shared many things but never did I get bent out of shape for someone sharing what I shared.

• 5 likes this
    Banned
    United States (us) Male
    Name: Mikael Vaalkoth

Topics Solved: 6

Mixed feelings on this one. If the guy was reposting lots of stuff I could see why someone might get angry, but only sharing a link or two shouldn't ruffle anyone's feathers. I repost other people's stuff routinely and rarely give direct credit to the original uploader, since in most cases I don't know the original uploader, or want to take time to find the original uploader. Or it's obvious from the link itself who originally posted the file. However, I also don't repost from this site or other popular sites except on rare occasions or for a specific reason.

Bottom line - The music belongs to the band and not the uploader. Don't post your stuff if you don't want it shared. And don't expect any thanks in return from people who in many cases can't write well or even read the language. The scum you are complaining about might not even know your language or that you want your links to be private. Most of all, be thankful you have the opportunity to be part of this community. When people give thanks or credit it should be icing on the cake and not the cake itself.

• 1 likes this

Topics Solved: 0

It's a pity to see you go. But I agree 100% with Vaalkoth comment!

After all we are a community. We are a bunch of guys sharing one same passion: metal. We try to help peoples from all over the world to listen music long-time forgotten and sometimes (for your 40+ years old) music from our childhood long time gone.

We are not the band members behind the music. Why bother with credits?

As long as the files are spread worldwide, it's fine.

• 2 likes this
    FORUM MOD!
    Brazil (br) Male 
    Name: Mauro

Topics Solved: 9

Well, the situation here is a bit awkward. I can clearly see the point of the ''extreme'' arguments posted (Vaalkoth's or Jimme's responses for example) when they point out the obvious (namely that the music belongs to the band).

But...
    There are some procedural details that exist to help the forum up and running and ensuring that everyone is as satisfied as possible (not easy to keep track and satisfy all wishes of so many different people). One of those details is the one that Emil mentioned (about sharing each ones rips). I personally not only have no problem when others share my rips, i may even like to see some of those posted on youtube for example (and see pictures from my home there :P) so that's why my response at my account is yes to the question about sharing my rips (not that i post such rare stuff as Noisenormale65 does).

Marco's response on the other hand is clear, ''only if credit is given''. Beeing grateful for all those rare shares from Marco and from this forum in total we should respect uploader's wishes and keep the steel coming for the pleasure of all of us.

What i want to say is that even if in my opinion you overreact a bit (about leaving the forum due to that, something that i wouldn't like to happen) i can see what you mean and i totally accept and respect that. I want to thank you myself for your hard work and rare uploads and i hope this does not make you leave the forum for good.

• 1 likes this
    Bringer of Steel
    Greece (gr) Male
    Name: Kostas

I understand the anger. The vinyl and cassette rips that I shared here are my own, and were the product of a great deal of work. I record the music in real time, use Audacity to track the albums/cassettes, and then scan the covers. It then takes additional time to upload the files. Someone taking credit for another's work can be frustrating. For the most part though, it seems that those using the links of others don't actually try to take credit for the work as much as share links. I have it on my account that it's ok to share my rips when credit is given. I've seen my stuff posted by others on you-tube where credit is given to me. Although I've never really looked, I'm sure that some of my shares have been posted by others on other blogs where credit wasn't given. Credit or no credit, I would be happy that some of the stuff (Morbid Sin and Slander in particular) was posted by others, because I know the band members and want to promote their music. The more people posting music, the more it spreads to be heard by others. We can't lose sight of the ultimate goal of these forums, which is to promote the music we love.
    United States (us) Male

Topics Solved: 14

Just to make it clear once again because probably my english is not good enough... I never forbid to share demos,lp or live bootlegs on other sites, guys as McKagan(user/uploader here) can testify it,sometimes he posted something on a russian site, i simply asked to give me credits(even if this is not of primary importance for me)...what is important is that when someone shares something he makes HIS OWN UPLOAD and not a simply copy and paste of someone's other link...like this guy for example:

http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f90/me ... 79392.html

http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f90/ba ... 79262.html

I dont' know if "Mediaaddict" uses here the same nick or not and i don't know him,it doesn't matter,but this is a proper guy who made his own uploads and not a lazy sob as HZ138(who is english btw...he cannot say he does not understand...)i have no time enough to post in every forum so people like him is/was more than welcome but that fucking moron from yesterday has exceeded the limit(at least my limit)also sending me some threatening messages..

jimme wrote:When people give thanks or credit it should be icing on the cake and not the cake itself.

Nicely put Jimme!
    I can see both sides of the argument to a degree, but as an uploader first & foremost i understand the frustration that reposting causes.
    When i used to post stuff on Live & Otherwise blog, there was a tosser who would instantly repost my stuff an hour later, along with the band bios i wrote etc on his own blog (Bounded By Metal), and pass it off as his own work.
    To add insult to injury, he used a host that paid him for every download he got, so he was literally profiting from other people's work.
    It wasn't only my blog either, i saw stuff reposted from Lockjaw blog, The Corroseum forum etc, so he was taking total liberties as far as i was concerned.
    There wasn't much i could do to prevent it however, so i amused myself by tagging all mp3s in the albums with foul-mouthed insults beginning 'Bounded By Metal Is A ..." (hehe)
    Of course he never checked the tags, so he wound up distributing albums through his own blog which bore insults against him.
    I also recorded some audio files denouncing him as a charlatan and a profiteer and put these into a few albums which i uploaded.
    Again, he didn't check and spread these files from his own site.
    It was some small consolation for having him leech the work of fans in order to make a buck.
    It made me smile anyway.
    If you have any of my old uploads from NILOOB or d/led anything from BBM, check the tags on the mp3s, you might just get a foul mouthed surprise! (hehe)
    At the end of the day, there's very little you can do to prevent the practice, so my point of view has mellowed somewhat over time and i'm now resigned to the fact that anything that you upload is liable to turn up somewhere else eventually.
    Once you accept that fact, (and it took me a long time), it's easier to let go of the annoyance.
    I don't upload as much or as often nowadays, but on a forum like this, where i get so much from my membership, it feels good to return the favour and give something back to the community in return.
    There'll always be the odd dick who'll feel they're entitled to repost whatever appears here, but you can't let the odd bad apple spoil the whole barrel.
    I hope you reconsider leaving us Marco, as your contributions were always very appreciated.
    However i respect your decision either way.
    (cheers1)

• 1 likes this
    Bringer of Steel
    United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Topics Solved: 96

now you made me really curious to search for one of those posts Riptorn, good job hehe...

And yes Marco, the gap is big between the two... but now the guy is banned so this solves it, at least for now... Not much more can be done
    Bringer of Steel
    Greece (gr) Male
    Name: Kostas

I friggin' love what Riptorn said that he did with his postings regarded that Bounded By Metal blog. It's a hilarious way to get a degree of poetic justice. Kudos to you brother. LOL.
    United States (us) Male

Topics Solved: 14

VardisRules wrote:I friggin' love what Riptorn said that he did with his postings regarded that Bounded By Metal blog. It's a hilarious way to get a degree of poetic justice. Kudos to you brother. LOL.

Thang yew. Thang yew verr mush. (cheers2)
    Bringer of Steel
    United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Topics Solved: 96

I dunno... I share quite a bit of stuff, some of it I'm the first one to post it anywhere, and for me personally I don't demand credit. I know I was the first to upload such and such album, and it just feels good to share it with people, with nothing really in return, and then if someone else liked it and shares it further, great, mission accomplished. Being credited for my rip of somebody else's work is the least of my concerns.

To leave the forum over something so petty is to essentially punish hundreds of people here who appreciate your uploading work, all over one or two guys.
    FORUM MOD!
    Canada (ca) Male YouTube 
    Name: Tachi Ikoma

Topics Solved: 16

« Return to Announcements