Updates and news regarding the forum!.
Announcements » There are some piece of scum...
If I had rips, I would share with everybody and it with great pleasure! Marco, all what I download in web I sent to Googledrive, 4shared and to Onedrive servers, by this do not worry.

Prince Hector, see the rules of Forum. Here is not allowed act of insulting, spammim, racism, swearing or hateful language! You are saying what you does not know, you does not know me. Please, will we maintain order here.
Banned
Brazil (br) Male
Name: Paulinhochocolate

Topics Solved: 1

i've never got to give my thaughts on this whole descussion (wich i was thinking of has already been said) but i would like to suggest that we don't turn this into a flame war between "is sharing other user's uploads a good idea or bad idea"

but now that could be turning a 180 here real soon, so let's not make this any worse (wich me saying this is probably pointless).

http://i.imgur.com/oQTbd.png
Bringer of Steel
United States (us) MaleYouTube 
Name: Ben Smith

Topics Solved: 16

Please friend, I hope you consider sharing your good jewelry, maybe there are malicious people but I hope that through all this and share your good jewelry.

RETURNS
For some warmth from someone ...
Bringer of Steel
Peru (pe) Male 
Name: John

Topics Solved: 46

easternthunder wrote:
professorpaulinho wrote:...you need put all what you possess to everybody download...

Are you seriously suggesting that someone must upload his or her entire music collection purely for the benefit of those who are too lazy or tight-fisted to acquire their own collection?! Unbelievable... (nope)

To be fair, if you spent $120 on a rare Austrian death metal album to complete their discography that consists of that and some seven inch two track EP, then sharing it in lossless so others can get a digital copy in excellent copy without having to also shell out the same kind of cash flow IS a friggin' godsend. I make no qualms about sharing lossless rips of stuff like that and hard to find Japanese Anvil pressings from the late 90s.

I rather have people get that stuff through easy means as opposed to hunting it and spending your own arm & leg for it...until someone gets smart and proper reissues it for a much more digestible price tag.

My two cents on the matter.

• 1 likes this
Random avatar
Bringer of Steel
United States (us) MaleYouTube  
Name: Jacob Abate

Topics Solved: 1

Hey nonseinormale65,

thought I would let you know that guy , hz138 also known as mediaaddict, might still be committing shady acts.
No idea if he still lurks here under a new name. The only way to know is for people to googlesearch their own downloads and see what other sites your downloads have been glommed onto.

For the first time in months, I was browsing the Guitars101 forum, and seen this -
Metallica Death Magnetic Guitar Hero III rip FLAC/Studio http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f145/m ... 02398.html

Had me curious, as I have had only the mp3's created by D34DL1N3R.
The mp3 - modified on September-‎16-‎08.

this new download by mediaaddict has
his FLAC - modified on September-‎17-‎08.

I will take a wild guess, that again, hz138 aka mediaaddict, did not credit the name of original ripper & up loader who worked hard at sharing? (It is possible 2 guys created the same project at the same time).

To some, it may not seem like a big deal.
Well, one reason this bugs me is, when details are left out, and fans are looking for the best sounding copy,
why should they download the same thing they already have?
or download FLAC files that were sourced from mp3's?

which brings me to---
The Church of Zer site some years ago, I was told, started transcoding his mp3's into FLAC, because mp3's can degenerate, but FLAC files are stable.

Yeah, the files will sound exactly the same hundreds of years from now, no loss of quality, unlike an mp3 which can wind up garbled / missing info. (This is from my experience and others' comments I read years ago).
BUT,
if the original source is mp3, then you are just inflating the size with zero improvement.
Canada (ca) Male 

Topics Solved: 345

To be honest, unless you CREATED the music, I don't see why anyone would have a problem with someone sharing an upload.
Random avatar
United States (us) Male

Topics Solved: 3

otcmetal wrote:To be honest, unless you CREATED the music, I don't see why anyone would have a problem with someone sharing an upload.

Have you read my first posts? I have nothing against if someone AFTER downloading stuff from one of my links(remember, i spent hours ripping old tapes,lp anc cd,not to mention the time i "wasted" to upload them...) decide to do a NEW UPLOAD in a different forum/blog...what made me angry is that some lazy guys simply COPIED and PASTED the links in other web sites claiming them as their own efforts...or,at least,they could have asked me to do so...actually,some years ago McKagan (a russian member of this board)asked me to copy and paste my links in a russian forum and i did not have anything against,they even gave me credits in their forum...

@Canadaspaceman,

I don't think Mediaddict is hz138,he started to download and then reupload some of my stuff before this mess and when he does his uploads he always gives me credits(or at least,if he's the same guy with multiple nicks/accounts, it seems as he was hearing to Armored Saint's Lesson Well Learned):

http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f90/bo ... light=Roma
Name: Marco

Topics Solved: 70

As easily as someone can say, "so what?", is the way that people who do all the work can say "Why should I share anything with you?"

Here is one type of upload (the "one of kind" upload, that nonseinormale65 made and shared here), where it matters,
and can be a problem when disrespectful leechers get a hold of it, and use it for their own ends. (I too made some live concert recordings, and later discovered that I couldn't use them for trades, because they were already converted into DVD's and being sold and traded, so it didn't matter anymore if I had the master tape).

Not all bands are like Metallica and allow you to record their concerts.
The fan who went through the trouble of sneaking in a recording device where it is not permitted has the chance the recording device will be confiscated (and maybe destroyed), it wont be given back, and they also get thrown out of the show?

Spending money on batteries and tapes.
Standing / sitting still during the concert, so the sound (and screen, if filming) stays perfectly clear, a.
You can't yell or sing along with the band with everybody else there cutting loose.

Spending the time transferring it from the device into your computer?
If they cut the concert into separate tracks, that can take a LONG time.

Then finally, the time spent uploading.

This next part could be for any kind of upload, maybe after you spent time ripping a cassette, vinyl , CD, or DVD)

For some people, their Internet Service Provider is so crappy and really slow when uploading, that they can't have any other activity happening ........ no other tabs opened, and no other downloading or uploading at the same time.

Believe it or not, there are people around the world, (and probably some of the members of this forum),who still use dial-up modems to connect to the internet.

That is not only very slow, but a greater chance of interruptions, and having to start an upload all over again.

That use to happen to me. Imagine if this is you -
"I just spent 2 or 3 hours uploading , I am 95% done, and then the internet company went offline for 5 or 10 seconds, and I have to start it all over again??!!"

Later, after finished uploading --
completed all of that work successfully... somebody else comes along, re-uploads it everywhere else for people who don't deserve it.

Him and all the other leechers whop never trade / buy any music, they never rip and share.

Or maybe they do have (rare ) music that we want,
but they are assholes and don't care about sharing any of it, don't care about doing any the work I just described,
even if they have the fastest fiber optic line connection, the best computer, and best stereo equipment.

• 1 likes this
Canada (ca) Male 

nonseinormale65 wrote:
otcmetal wrote:To be honest, unless you CREATED the music, I don't see why anyone would have a problem with someone sharing an upload.

Have you read my first posts? I have nothing against if someone AFTER downloading stuff from one of my links(remember, i spent hours ripping old tapes,lp anc cd,not to mention the time i "wasted" to upload them...) decide to do a NEW UPLOAD in a different forum/blog...what made me angry is that some lazy guys simply COPIED and PASTED the links in other web sites claiming them as their own efforts...or,at least,they could have asked me to do so...actually,some years ago McKagan (a russian member of this board)asked me to copy and paste my links in a russian forum and i did not have anything against,they even gave me credits in their forum...

@Canadaspaceman,

I don't think Mediaddict is hz138,he started to download and then reupload some of my stuff before this mess and when he does his uploads he always gives me credits(or at least,if he's the same guy with multiple nicks/accounts, it seems as he was hearing to Armored Saint's Lesson Well Learned):

Honestly, I didn't read the other posts. When I clicked on the topic, it took me to the last page. Didn't even realize there were more until you replied. I wasn't trying to argue, or anything like that. Yeah, I can definitely understand why you'd be pissed at someone for doing that. And I'd like to also say that it is much appreciated the time and effort it takes to upload stuff.

http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f90/bo ... light=Roma
Random avatar
United States (us) Male

nonseinormale65 wrote:

@Canadaspaceman,

http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f90/bo ... light=Roma[/quote

Honestly, I didn't read the other posts. When I clicked on the topic, it took me to the last page. Didn't even realize there were more until you replied. I wasn't trying to argue, or anything like that. Yeah, I can definitely understand why you'd be pissed at someone for doing that. And I'd like to also say that it is much appreciated the time and effort it takes to upload stuff

• 1 likes this
Random avatar
United States (us) Male

Have to agree with canadaspaceman. Some members here complain that uploaders act "as they were owners of the music", but I think that if someone is making nice uploads, then you should stand humbly because he did all the work and you can get it easy and for free. It's not like the uploaders are obligated to post everything you want to download, some people see themselves with the right to ask for everything, complain why nobody uploaded it yet and use and abuse the rips "because it's on the internet and thus doesn't have owner anymore", but that does not justify acting like an asshole.
Brazil (br) Male
Name: Fyt Tigersharq

Topics Solved: 2

Awesome, user Deathseeker124 gave me negative points for this topic...i wonder if he followed and/or read the discussion from the beginning (it started some months ago)...i don't think so and i can't remember him uploading anything or doing something good for the forum... and probably he did not even noticed that recently i started to share stuff again...ok,That's All Folks,I really had enough,as we say in Italy "You can't fight against windmill"... THIS TIME IS REALLY THE END.

• 1 likes this
Name: Marco

Topics Solved: 70

gawdammit...
well thanks for the few new stuffs you shared

Deathseeker124 fucked it for all of us this time

edit:
just checked and Deathseeker124 has also shared some stuff too with us... very frustrating.

Later, I'm finishing a bottle of Stolichnaya... this forum really is being dug into a hole

-1 reputation votes
Canada (ca) Male 

This negative point was unfair to Marco. Marco share their rips for who he want. He is not obliged to share their works to everybody.

There is a solution also: encrypt the files. But using the mega.on.oz. In this host it's possible to encrypt the files, and the passwords can be always changed.

• 1 likes this
Name: Arthurzinho

Topics Solved: 2

« Return to Announcements