EPs [Hard Rock] » [DEAD LINK] Destiny (US) - Back On The Streets [EP] (1985)
  • THIS POST HAVE DEAD LINKS
    REQUEST A REUPLOAD HERE

CHECK EXISTING REQUESTS BEFORE MAKING A NEW ONE!

https://i.imgur.com/XTmx3vD.png

Artist: Destiny (USA)
    Release: Back On The Streets [Mini LP] (1985)
    Genre: Hard Rock/AOR
    Bitrate: 256 kbps

DESTINY - Back On The Streets Mini LP (1985) USA
    Bent Back Records BBR 3345

256kbps

01. Back On The Streets
    02. Can't Let Go
    03. Think It Over Lover
    04. You're The Only One
    05. Fantasy

Bran Silveous - Lead Vocals & Guitar
    Jeff Ward - Lead Guitar & Backing Vocals
    John Castetter - Bass & Backing Vocals (TRILOGY, MEDICINE HAT, THE MENUS, RATTLESNAKIN' DADDIES)
    Mike Travis, Drums & Backing Vocals

DESTINY were a short lived American quartet who hailed from from the state of Ohio, forming in the early 1980's.
    Their only release was the five song "Back On The Streets" Mini LP, issued by Bent Back Records in 1985.
    Information on the band has proved extremely difficult to turn up, with one of the few mentions of the band on the net being this Review by Vaggelis Fotakis from http://www.metalpage.de/

"This band from Ohio released one of the most interesting private Metal/Hard Rock records in this state.
    "Back On The Streets", "Think It Over Lover" and "Fantasy" are songs you won't easily forget, with nice solos and choruses.
    I would say this DESTINY (no relation to any other band with the same name) is one of the most underestimated US bands.
    Its name is spoken very rarely in collectors' circles and I really can't get why... maybe due to its obscurity... as it was one of the top rarities some years ago.
    Don't ignore it if you come across a copy, especially if you like acts like MC BLADE, RUFFKUT, RAZORMAID, INSANE & DARK STARR."

To me "Back On The Streets", is firmly in the Hard Rock/AOR field, and i don't really hear the comparisons that the reviewer makes with those other bands.
    It sounds more to me more like "High'n'Dry" era DEF LEPPARD, with the hooks well and truly to the fore.
    If you enjoy that style at all, then you should find much to admire here, with the excellent guitar work of Jeff Ward and the strong vocals of Bran Silveous setting Destiny apart from the many acts who laboured in obscurity in this field of music.
    I believe this one changes hands for silly money on occassion, often hyped as a "private press Metal monster", which it isn't, but it's well worth a listen regardless.
    Bassist John Castetter is still active in music, having been a member of TRILOGY, MEDICINE HAT, THE MENUS and RATTLESNAKIN' DADDIES to name but a few, whilst Vocalist/Guitarist Bran Silveous is now a Christian minister.
    Many thanks to Chatzial for ripping and sharing this rare record with us.

art & txt included

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U7IZ3BLM

no pw

ctChatzial
    Bringer of Steel
    United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Topics Solved: 92

« Return to EPs [Hard Rock]