EPs [Hard Rock] » Alexander Nevsky [Александр Невский] (USSR) - Alexander Nevsky [Александр Невский] [7" EP] (1989)
  • https://i.imgur.com/mI4UDeY.jpg

Artist: Alexander Nevsky
    Release: Alexander Nevsky (7'' Single)
    Genre: Hard Rock
    Bitrate: 320 kbps
    Hidden Link
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Short-lived classic hard rock band "Alexander Nevsky" largely influenced by "Black Sabbath" was founded in mid-1987 in Moscow by two former "Cocktail" members Andrey Butuzov (R.I.P., passed away on October 22, 2015) and Alexander Inshakov. This debut self-titled 7'' single was recorded in 1988 and released in the USSR by the state-owned Melodiya Records in 1989. "Alexander Nevsky" was disbanded in the spring of 1990.

Line-up:
    Vyacheslav Gorbachev - vocals
    Alexander Inshakov - guitars
    Andrey Butuzov - bass
    Andrey Shatunovsky - drums /one of the most prominent Soviet-era rock drummers/
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Alexander Nevsky (Александр Невский)
    2. The Star (Звезда)
    3. Brought Up by the Holy Russia (Русью вскормлен)
    Russia (ru) Male
    Name: Andrew

Topics Solved: 1

I dont know whether to love or laugh at the cover.
    Netherlands (nl) Male

The vast majority of Soviet hard'n'heavy bands who managed to issue their records through Melodiya (the one and the only, in fact) company really ended with terribly naive artwork. That was not their fault, actually - please bear in mind that hard rock and heavy metal were tolerated only at the closing stage of the USSR, i.e. in 1986-1991. Some popular bands even had no chance to be allowed to record their albums at Melodiya facilities and have their songs included into samplers.
    As for the Alexander Nevsky band, their frontman Vyacheslav Gorbachev was very religious person and it seems he influenced much the artwork of their vinyl single. Moreover, Aexander Nevsky, the Prince and later Grand Prince, after whom the band itself was named, had been canonized as a saint of the Russian Orthodox Church in the XVI century. That was the second reason for such a specific artwork, I suppose.
    Russia (ru) Male
    Name: Andrew

« Return to EPs [Hard Rock]