Singles [Hard Rock] » AC/DC (Aus) - Can I Sit Next to You, Girl (with Dave Evans) [7" Single] (1974)
  • http://www.highwaytoacdc.com/blog/public/singles/7__Vinyl/AUS-1st-01.jpg

Artist: AC/DC
    Release: Can I Sit Next to You, Girl (with Dave Evans) (7'' Single) [1974]
    Genre: Hard Rock
    Bitrate: 320 kbps
    >Hidden Link (Scans included)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Info:
    "Can I Sit Next to You, Girl" is the debut single by Australian hard rock band AC/DC issued on 22 July 1974. This version has lead vocals performed by Dave Evans prior to his being replaced by Bon Scott, as well as drums by ex-Masters Apprentices member Colin Burgess and bass guitar by ex-The Easybeats member George Young (older brother of band cofounders Malcolm Young & Angus Young; co-producer). Originally, AC/DC's first bassist, Larry Van Kriedt, played the bass parts, but George recorded his own over them later.[1] In 1975, after Scott joined, the group re-wrote and re-recorded the song as the seventh track on their Australia-only album T.N.T., released in December 1975, and as the sixth track on the international version of High Voltage, released in May 1976. The title of this version of the song removed the comma, becoming "Can I Sit Next To You Girl".

Written by Malcolm and Angus Young, it was AC/DC's first original song, having been recorded as "Can I Sit Next to You, Girl" (with a comma; see image) with original lead singer Dave Evans just before he was replaced by Bon Scott. The Evans version was released as a single in Australia,[2] and the band performed the song with Evans on the TV show Countdown. The musical arrangement of Evans' version is different from Scott's, and has never been officially released outside Australia.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Can_I_Sit_Next_to_You_Girl
    This single sold for $1252.56 during an eBay auction on Jan. 2012. (Link)

Lineup:
    Dave Evans – lead vocals
    Angus Young – guitar
    Malcolm Young – guitar
    George Young – bass, production
    Colin Burgess – drums
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tracklist:
    Side A 1. Can I Sit Next To You, Girl (Dave Evans version) [Non album track]
    Side B 2. Rockin' In The Parlour [Non album track]
    FORUM MOD!
    Greece (gr) Male
    Name: Jason

Topics Solved: 414

« Return to Singles [Hard Rock]