Albums [Hard Rock] » Arson (US-FL) - Arson (1988)
  • https://i.imgur.com/k86aPr9.png

Artist: Arson
    Release: Arson, 1988
    Genre: Hard/Heavy Rock
    Bitrate: 192
    ►Dead Link
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Arson/105318

Hair Metal band from Florida, never got signed up to any major label, poor production,almost like a demo tape,Arson played in small clubs on the local scene between 1980-90. ''Kick Ass Band'' (This Is One Quality Band With Talent That Deserved To Be Heard. Some Of The Best Music I Have Heard From That Era.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. EZ Street
    2. Rock 'N' Roll Dreamin'
    3. Love's a Gamble
    4. Waitin' On the Light
    5. Don't Push Your Luck
    6. Spoiled Rotten
    7. Pretty Face
    8. Fight for Rock

Topics Solved: 0

MNL wrote:Anyone good with remastering? or toying with sound? this would be awesome to hear this nice and crisp. Would love to find some of the artist on the internet or contact them in some way (hmm)

Hidden Link

Last edited by RunningWild on 21 Oct 2016, 12:40, edited 1 time in total.
    Reason: link hid
    Banned
    Name: andi

Not sure where you got your information that this band is from New Jersey, but that is not correct. The Arson that produced the tape that you posted on this site is from Central Florida - all of its members currently live there now.

• 2 likes this
    Random avatar
    Name: Paul

prodrummerex wrote:Not sure where you got your information that this band is from New Jersey, but that is not correct. The Arson that produced the tape that you posted on this site is from Central Florida - all of its members currently live there now.

Nice info my friend i appreciate it, I actually got my info from the internet.here is a few sites below

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Arson/105318 <<< which i thought this was a pretty trusty site that has never been wrong as far as i've seen but not everyone is always right though.

Someone on here asked for a remastered version of the album, a friend of mine, at my request, recently tried his hand at a restoration of the audio. I have posted it in its entirety on YouTube, hope you enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW_k7M_cX2c&t=3s

• 1 likes this
    Random avatar
    United States (us) Male
    Name: Geno Cuddy

TwoGun wrote:Someone on here asked for a remastered version of the album, a friend of mine, at my request, recently tried his hand at a restoration of the audio. I have posted it in its entirety on YouTube, hope you enjoy it.

Sounds pretty good, Any way to get that with split tracks 320kbps?

TwoGun wrote:
    MNL wrote:
    TwoGun wrote:Someone on here asked for a remastered version of the album, a friend of mine, at my request, recently tried his hand at a restoration of the audio. I have posted it in its entirety on YouTube, hope you enjoy it.

Sounds pretty good, Any way to get that with split tracks 320kbps?

Sure thing, I will set up a folder and upload it to my Google Drive.

I have good news, and bad news.
    Good news is the upload was successful, and metadata changes were applied successfully.
    Bad news is my friend only gave me files in 192kpbs, and for some ungodly reason Windows Media Player identified one of the songs as being from some stupid hip hop album, I don't know how to change that, I apologize for the low quality of the audio, but it is all that I have and my friend has been away and I have no way of getting ahold of him, however to be honest, this is far better than what we had before.

Hidden Link

• 2 likes this
    Random avatar
    United States (us) Male
    Name: Geno Cuddy

Anyone else want to give a try at remastering this. This is a pretty damn good album but hard to listen to because of the quality but i still can't help myself from listening to it randomly.

MNL wrote:Anyone good with remastering? or toying with sound? this would be awesome to hear this nice and crisp.
    What exactly do you mean? The tape rip is good, the only annoyance is the dull sound. This often happens on sloppy A/D conversions.
    Ez Street (the original rip)

TwoGun wrote:… however to be honest, this is far better than what we had before.
    Far better, ah ok. Is it me and my old deaf ears, or is this guy a club/techno DJ hearing Metal for the very first time? (hair)
    Sorry for being too honest, but in my ears this "remaster" sounds by far worse than the original rip - hear yourself:
    Ez Street (the 2018 remaster)

MNL wrote:Anyone else want to give a try at remastering this.
    Imho there´s no need to remaster. Just lower the bass and boost the treble, just like you do on a domestic stereo system and it´ll sound fine!

There´s some easy ways to do so on your computer:
    1) Use the Winamp-player and apply the EQ-preset "Ska". You´ll hear the difference. Adjust the EQ controls yourself.
    2) Open the file with Audacity and play it. Choose the effect "bass & treble", e.g. with settings bass -3 and treble +10. Check and uncheck the 'enable' option to switch between original sound and EQ sound.
    Ez Street (my EQ settings)

Let me know if that´s what you want. - An easy job to apply this onto all files (re-encoding necessary though).
    I´d also like to hear the opinion of other 'judges' just to make sure I'm not deaf yet… (listenmu3)

2019-Sep-12, Edit:
    full rip re-encode with my EQ settings

• 1 likes this
    FORUM MOD!
    Austria (at) Male

Topics Solved: 926

Nope you are not deaf yet, That one you did sounds pretty damn good. If you could do that whole tape rip like that it would be awesome. (bow)
    And yea that other attempt by the other guy didn't sound good at all

« Return to Albums [Hard Rock]