Albums [Speed / Thrash] » Assassin (Ger) - The Upcoming Terror + Interstellar Experience [Compilation] (1990)
  • http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-7yMR0wmUZ6A/TbKQdAWYkrI/AAAAAAAAEcY/Lyeg_tUK3qE/s400/ASSASSIN%2B-%2BInterstellar%2BExperience.jpg

Artist: Assassin
    Release: The Upcoming Terror (1986) - Interstellar Experience (1988), [CD Reissued 1990]
    Genre: Thrash Metal
    Bitrate: 320
    Hidden Link

Update 22-09-2014
    Collection of 2 full-length in 1 CD, reissued in 1990 by the japanese label Teichiku Records Co., Ltd.
    Info: www.musik-sammler.de

1. Forbidden Reality
    2. Nemesis
    3. Fight (To Stop The Tyranny)
    4. The Last Man
    5. Assassin
    6. Holy Terror
    7. Bullets
    8. Speed Of Light
    9. Abstract War
    10. Agd
    11. A Message To Survive
    12. Pipeline
    13. Resolution 588
    14. Junk Food
    15. Interstellar Experience
    16. Baka
    17. Strange World (Bonus Track)
    Bringer of Steel
    Name: Daniele

Topics Solved: 31

disallo wrote:http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-7yMR0wmUZ6A/TbKQdAWYkrI/AAAAAAAAEcY/Lyeg_tUK3qE/s400/ASSASSIN%2B-%2BInterstellar%2BExperience.jpg

Artist: Assassin
    Release: The Upcoming Terror (1986) - Interstellar Experience (1988), [CD Reissued 1990]
    Genre: Thrash Metal
    Bitrate: 320kbps
    Hidden Link

Collection of 2 full-length in 1 CD, reissued in 1990 by the japanese label Teichiku Records Co., Ltd.
    Info: www.musik-sammler.de

TRACKLIST:
    1. Forbidden Reality
    2. Nemesis
    3. Fight (To Stop The Tyranny)
    4. The Last Man
    5. Assassin
    6. Holy Terror
    7. Bullets
    8. Speed Of Light
    9. Abstract War
    10. Agd
    11. A Message To Survive
    12. Pipeline
    13. Resolution 588
    14. Junk Food
    15. Interstellar Experience
    16. Baka
    17. Strange World

...Ummm, actually this is not any kind of a 'reissue'. This is simply both ariginal CD releases put into one file. The bonus track is not on here, instead the track "Resolution 588" is on here twice; meaning the track "Junk Food" is actually "Resolution..." and the 'bonus track' "Strange World" is "Baka". Also, this is a transcode, probably from 128 - 160kbps changed to 320kbps. It's probably a copy of a poor quality CD rip. Sorry, dude. I actually can't believe you didn't notice these things yourself. (clap4)
    United States (us) Male  YouTube 
    Name: Edwin

Topics Solved: 1

Eddiemetal wrote:...Ummm, actually this is not any kind of a 'reissue'. This is simply both ariginal CD releases put into one file. The bonus track is not on here, instead the track "Resolution 588" is on here twice; meaning the track "Junk Food" is actually "Resolution..." and the 'bonus track' "Strange World" is "Baka". Also, this is a transcode, probably from 128 - 160kbps changed to 320kbps. It's probably a copy of a poor quality CD rip. Sorry, dude. I actually can't believe you didn't notice these things yourself. (clap4)

sorry but I did not notice! The original file was a FLAC+CUE ripped in MP3@320 CBR with the program xrecode II (one of the best program to rip). inside the folder there were also the covers. the original post, posted on a good metal-forum said what I wrote.
    thanks for the info (what)
    Bringer of Steel

..Yes. Can't remember the Label it was supposed to be released on, but I saw an ad on the net for it. Think it was Amazon.com. Actually, at this point, If you could share the '98 Axekiller Reissues, I'd be more than happy with that! I'm getting tired of looking for this fucking album. (axe)

Also, there's a new trend going on within the last few years that might explain the inability to find alot of these 'reissues' we're all looking for; A record 'label' advertises on the net about an album that they're planning on re-releasing. They produce a 'short run' series of said album (In case some of you don't know, a 'short run' means that the album is replicated in a very small quantity). They advertise ridiculous amounts of money for the album because 1) they know die hard fans of the album will fork out fistfuls of cash for that 'hard to find' reissue. 2) said album doesn't barely even exists on a worldwide scale. So, they make a few thousand dollars initially, and then the microcosmic amount of albums that actually DO exist are scattered here and there on the net, usually being sold used by a second party, who wants twice what he/she paid for it to begin with! And if that person paid $49.99 for a 'hard to find' reissue, you can bet that they're going to want atleast $80 - $100 for it, probably more!

I recently saw a certain reissue on a mailorder website that I was very excited to get. I put off buying the album for a couple of days, thinking "Hey, it was JUST released! How fast can it sell out?" Mind you, this particular album wasn't something half the world would be interested in buying, as most of you can relate to. When I went to the website and whipped out my credit card to order, I realized there were only a few copies left, and the site now wanted THREE TIMES the initial ordering price! Now, what would that tell you? It was a clear-cut case of 'bait and switch'...

sorry but I did not notice! The original file was a FLAC+CUE ripped in MP3@320 CBR with the program xrecode II (one of the best program to rip). inside the folder there were also the covers. the original post, posted on a good metal-forum said what I wrote.
    thanks for the info (what)[/quote]

Hey, man. Wasn't trying to call you out. I just thought you might want to know the facts about the files you had. If this is something you downloaded from another site, that would explain it; people will upload anything and call it whatever they want. Doesn't mean that's what it is. Even on trusted forums. Chances are whoever posted it was in the same situation you were in, thinking it was what it said.

sorry for my english, i have ripped the FLAC in MP3 and uploaded.
    sometimes happens ...
    in the post CD I reported only "Reissued 1990" the tracklist. Then I searched info on this CD and I found them on http://www.musik-sammler.de/media/38289. however, the information on this issue are very few.
    i'm sure someone on the forum has this cd edition.
    Bringer of Steel

Eddiemetal wrote:
    witchcross wrote:pretty cool CD I didn't know about. I have the two individual CD reissues done in 98 on Axekiller.

Witchcross. Any way you can upload these in good quality? I'd much appreciate it.

Yes, I can upload these in 320 - no problem! Will try and get them up in next couple days - cheers!
    Bringer of Steel

Topics Solved: 18

AxeKillers posted here
    Upcoming Terror:
    viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2226

Interstellar Experience:
    viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2227
    Bringer of Steel

Topics Solved: 18

Just the other day, I received the "Chronicles Of Resistance" (2CD) 2011 reissue of "Interstellar Experience" and "The Upcoming Terror". I gotta say, the 1998 Axekiller re-releases are better overall. The new 'mastering' of "Upcoming Terror" is slightly better than the 1998 version, but the new 'mastering' of "Interstellar..." is not as good as the 1998 one. It's very 'compressed' sounding; very 'hot', if you will. In some areas of the album, the audio even begins to 'break up', due to it being mastered so hot!

What does make this double CD edition worth owning is the inclusion of "Strange World" as bonus (finally!), plus the other 'bonus' tracks that are on the tail end of both discs. Another downside to the new editions, is the graphics. The awesome artwork that make up the covers of both albums is for some reason replaced by a very cheap looking, hand drawn 'ink on paper' artwork. The actual real cover art for both releases is on the inside of the packaging. That sucks, because I loved the artwork and layout of the original CD's, or even the Axekiller Records versions.

So unless you have no choice, I'd stay away from this 2011 edition of these albums and get the 1998 Axekiller ones.

« Return to Albums [Speed / Thrash]