EPs [Progressive Metal] » Drowned (Aut) - Remembrance [EP] (1997)
  • https://img.discogs.com/tu8_UnAN87klVXAUpURPIGV-_CU=/fit-in/600x589/filters:strip_icc():format(jpeg):mode_rgb():quality(90)/discogs-images/R-9042907-1473777905-7820.jpeg.jpg

Artist: Drowned
    Release: Remembrance
    Genre: Heavy Metal/Rock
    Bitrate: VBR
    Hidden Link
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    I tracked down a copy of this seemingly super rare release today; 4th track is like funky 90's rock, but I'd say the rest is more or less heavy metal, perhaps with some power/doom touches. Not half bad, especially considering the member were teenagers at the time of recording. No idea if there were other releases; the guy I got it from said it was a limited local pressing and he kind of lost track of them afterwards. Probably long split-up. The singer is a screenwriter, producer and director nowadays, from what I could find.

https://www.discogs.com/Drowned-Remembr ... se/9042907
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Majestic
    2. Water
    3. Prisoner of the Past
    4. Sell the World
    5. Wartime Experience

Topics Solved: 5

Got together some more info, they changed name to Focus in 1998: http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Drowned/3540416591 (and apparently released a demo)

• 1 likes this

Topics Solved: 5

AZMODES, thanx a lot for this very rare piece!! They may be young, but they are talented enough to deliver a very good effort! I agree with your description, sub-doomy metal with really good lead guitars, but a bit one-dimensional vocals!! The funky riffing song is in a LIVING COLOUR/LAST CRACK style one , with a really cool VERNON REID/HENDRIX style lead solo!! I find this cd kinda weird, but grows on you gradually!! NICE ONE in my book! Salutations and gratitude man!! porosimetal
    Random avatar
    Greece (gr) Male
    Name: PANOS

Topics Solved: 1

« Return to EPs [Progressive Metal]