Demos [Doom] » [DEAD LINK] ...And Here I Lie (US-NY) - Fields of Hollow Nightfall [Demo] (1996) / From My Window [Compilation Track] (1997)
  • THIS POST HAVE DEAD LINKS
    REQUEST A REUPLOAD HERE

CHECK EXISTING REQUESTS BEFORE MAKING A NEW ONE!

https://www.metal-archives.com/images/4/4/0/4/44048.jpg

Artist: ...And Here I Lie
    Release: Fields Of Hollow Nightfall + Compilation track
    Genre: Doom/Death + Doom
    Bitrate: 320kbps
    ►Dead Link
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    ...And Here I Lie were Rochester's only Doom/Death band.

Their demo is totally DOOM-DEATH! As for the vocals, they are a mix of sung (in a monotone way) and growls. The lead vocalist does the main sung vocals, while the drummer does the deeper growled parts. The songs trudge along slowly full of melancholy and sadness. Inspired by My Dying Bride, The Gathering... and Phlebotomized. There is also a keyboard player thus adding an atmospheric element to the whole demo.

As for the Compilation CD track, it is total DOOM METAL. Gone are the growled vocals and it's all sung in a depressive way. The session keyboard player on the Comp track is me. At the time my band Night Conquers Day rehearsed in the same warehouse where ...And Here I Lie rehearsed (they were down the hall). They would sit in on our rehearsals and they knew I was doing keyboards in latter Buried Beneath recordings as well as in Night Conquers Day and they asked me to do this new song with them. So I rehearsed with them for a month and they gave me free reign to come up with the keyboard parts. It's a 10+ minute epic of atmospheric doom metal. I do not remember what the Compilation CD was, but almost every other band on it was shit. It was all sorts of styles of bands from the upstate NY area, many weren't even metal. This version is different from the one that appears on their debut CD the following year (which I'll be sharing soon).
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    1996 demo "Fields of Hollow Nightfall"
    1. Pastures of Wandered Sounds
    2. Through the Eyes of Starving
    3. Bleed Across My Life
    4. Days of Isolation

1997 Compilation CD track
    1. From My Window
    Banned
    United States (us) Male
    Name: Mikael Vaalkoth

Topics Solved: 6