Singles [NWOBHM] » Gemage (UK) - The Story So Far / Bring Me Death [Single] (1980)
  • https://i.imgur.com/WHyLA6F.jpg

Artist: Gemage
    Release: The Story So Far/Bring Me Death [7" Single] (1980)
    Label: Gemage Records BGA 1
    Genre: NWOBHM
    Bitrate: 320 kbps
    ►Dead Link
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://nwobhm.com/gemage/
    https://www.discogs.com/Gemage-The-Stor ... se/8564670

GEMAGE were an oddly named and very obscure NWOBHM band who released just a solitary 7" single during their lifetime.

The 45 in question, 1980's "The Story So Far", was issued on the band's own Gemage Records label.
    Information on the band and this exceedingly rare release are unfortunately very hard to come by, despite it's collectibility.

Music journalist Martin Popoff briefly described the single as being, "a bit to the New Wave end of things", in his book, "The New Wave Of British Heavy Metal Singles". I can see what he means, as the slightly Punky vocals are at odds with the decidedly more Metallic guitar riff which pumps away insistently at the heart of "The Story So Far". The flipside, "Bring Me Death" is even more confusing, with the mellower song managing to remind me of LLOYD COLE and late '60's vintage THE WHO simultaneously. The A Side of the single was latterly comped on the 2009 "Live To Ride : 14 Obscure "N.W.O.B.H.M." 1977-82 Gems", bootleg vinyl compilation LP on "Heavy Metal Records". This led Z Gun Review to note that, "Gemage feel like a missing link band between Punk and the New Wave Of British Heavy Metal", in their review of the "Live To Ride...", compilation album. Copies of the Gemage 45 are now very highly prized, and change hands at around the £50 mark if you can find one.

art & txt included
    no pw

ctme
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    01. The Story So Far
    02. Bring Me Death
    Bringer of Steel
    United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Topics Solved: 92

New Link: Hidden Link

• 13 likes this
    Bringer of Steel