Singles [NWOBHM] » Desperate Oates (UK) - Burning Alive [7" EP] (1984)
  • http://i.imgur.com/OA4vw.png
    Artist: Desperate Oates
    Release: Burning Alive, 7" EP 1984
    Genre: NWOBHM
    Bitrate: 320kbps
    Hidden Link
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Desperate Oates were a 3 piece band based in the wild fenlands of Lincolnshire. The band were formed in the early
    1980's and featured Jake 'Lin Tremayne' Williams (alias John Singing Rock) on guitar and vocals, John Line on bass
    and vocals and Shaun Muffet on drums and vocals. The music was a blend of hard rock and boogie. The band
    gained quite a repertoire in their area and played many gigs over their four year existence. Jake's guitar style was
    influenced at this stage quite a lot by the legendary Steve Zodiac of nwobhm band Vardis. However, the band only
    ever wrote a handful of their own material backed up by heavier versions of covers such as Quo's 'In my chair' and
    Bolan's 'Get it on'. A couple of demo tapes were released and one single. The single gained Desperate Oates some
    respect as it reached no: 50 in the then indie singles chart, as well as having a small review in Sounds magazine.
    Around the beginning of 1987 the band members went their own separate ways. Jake moved to Cornwall and
    formed Chain Lightning. Sadly about 3 years ago John Line the bass player passed away, and Jake and Shaun have
    not been in touch since the band separated. More info at: http://www.chainlightning.co.uk/relatedbands.html

Jake 'Lin Tremayne' Williams (aka. John Singing Rock) - Lead Vocals, Guitar (Chain Lightning, Grinder, Carmargue)
    John "Piggy" Line - Bass, Backing Vocals R.I.P.
    Shaun "E" Muffet - Drums, Backing Vocals
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Burning Alive
    2. Why You Do It
    3. Boogie Toon
    Random avatar

Topics Solved: 3

Influenced by Steve Zodiac - Well, I really should listen to this. Thanks for the upload!
    Germany (de) MaleYouTube 
    Name: Martin

Topics Solved: 8

« Return to Singles [NWOBHM]