Found Requests
FORUM RULES
------------------
Full list with solved requests: http://heavymetalrarities.com/forum/top ... p?list=123

Found / Solved Requests »  [SOLVED] [REQS] Wildsmith St (UK-Wales) - Oh No-Not Again / Please Don´t Phone [Single] (1983)
  • http://i.imgur.com/aaJkADA.png

Looking for rip or samples from this Welsh bands 7" single 'Oh No-Not Again' (Note Pad #NP 001)

David "Dave MacLean" McLean - Vocals, Bass (Traitors Gate, In Pursuit, Munroe, So What If...)
    Julian Lovell - Guitar
    Alun Goodman - Drums, Keys

Info (from http://www.link2wales.co.uk/South/W.htm)
    Wildsmith Street, 3 piece rock band (formed summer 83) feat; David Maclean (bass,voc), Alun Goodman (drms.keys) and Julian Lovell (gtr). Rec demo in Gwyn Jones' (Cantinas) Studio in Tonypandy. Won the South Wales Battle of the Bands at Tonypandy Naval Club and rec single 'Oh No Not Again' (B side, Please Don't Phone) Much gigging in and around Newport and Cardiff., T.J.s or El Seicos as it was known then, Chapter Arts Centre and a mini tour Diesel Pig, ' The Wild Pig Tour '. More demos ' What's Going On ?' and more gigs. Split in summer of 86. David Maclean went on to become orig vocalist in Munroe. Jules went on the form the Charlie Balsdon Band. Alun disappeared without a trace.

David McLean bio (from http://homepage.ntlworld.com/david.mclean1/David.htm)
    David, along with Gary Leigh, formed SO WHAT IF... Although David had previously played with bassist Andy D'Urso in 80s metal band TRAITORS GATE. David has always been equally frontman and singer, believing that the role of frontman should never exclude an element of entertainment. His lyrics are hard and biting and his gritty, powerful voice puts the message in your face. David's animated stage performance has backfired on more than one occasion, including the time he slipped on a lager soaked stage and ended up flat on his back in front of a packed audience at the Newport Centre. The rest of the band could barely play from laughing.

Also found a note by David
    Ahh! The Ebbw Vale Battle of the Bands. A monster event and the first chance for many bands to play a large stage, large audience, and large room. I did it with a few bands - WildSmith St, Traitor's Gate, and In Pursuit, and if memory serves me correctly I'm pretty all made it to the final three. I also did a big Battle of the Bands up Pontypridd way and won that with WildSmith Street, the prize being to record a single. The two day recording with In Pursuit was great. It was done using a mobile studio but sounded immense. Sadly I don't have a copy now.

1. Oh No-Not Again
    2. Please don't Phone
    Sweden (se) Male   YouTube  
    Name: Emil

Topics Solved: 1465

Found! request closed.

Please, Emil, can you post it?
    Name: Kirill

Topics Solved: 27

No, sorry. Got it in a trade for private listen.
    Hope you understand.

« Return to Found / Solved Requests