Found Requests
FORUM RULES
------------------
Full list with solved requests: http://heavymetalrarities.com/forum/top ... p?list=123

Found / Solved Requests »  [SOLVED] [REQS] Mortal Sin (Aus) - Face Of Despair [EP] (1988)
FORUM MOD!
Poland (pl) Male
Name: Jacek

Topics Solved: 74

http://www.dragnetrecordsleeds.co.uk/ekmps/shops/8ae2dc/images/mortal-sin-face-of-despair-12-promo-only-release-476-p.jpg

In my database this is filed as Promo edition for zines and alike. Furthermore this came out early 1989 (and not 1988 as M-A is saying), so only 1-3 months before the main release. The playlength is exactly the same as on the regular release (see list below), so I doubt that there is any other mix or mastering.

Hence I believe this was just a hasty limited edition made for promotional purposes only, so nothing to die for.
I wouldn´t expect too much from it except some additional vinyl noise. ;)

Comparing playlenght of Promo vs. regular Edition:
01.  I am immortal  (04:42) → 01.  I am immortal  (04:42)
02.  For richer, for poorer  (04:45) → 04.  For richer for poorer  (04:45)
03.  Martyrs of Eternity  (05:11) → 05.  Martyrs of Eternity  (05:11)
04.  Voyage of Disturbed  (05:03) → 02.  Voyage of the Disturbed  (05:03)

Imo the remastered 2007 reissue of "Face of Despair" should be more interesting for a die-hard fan, as I figured 3 previously unreleased demo tracks on there:
11.  Access denied (Demo Version)  (04:30) → released on <Mortal Sin [AUS] — 1991 — Rebellious Youth — 02 — Access denied>
12.  Violation of your Privacy (Demo Version)  (04:32) → released on <Mortal Sin [AUS] — 1997 — Revolution of the Mind — 06 — Violation of your Privacy>
13.  King of Avarice (Demo Version)  (06:00) → afaik an unreleased Song(?)

Hope this helps!

• 1 likes this
RunningWild bans and give people negative points for no reason. He also edit and post things in his own stupid way and don't follow the posting layout rules!...  RunningWild have been banished and eliminated from the Forum!
Austria (at) Male
Rank: RunningWild bans and give people negative points for no reason. He also edit and post things in his own stupid way and don't follow the posting layout rules!... RunningWild have been banished and eliminated from the Forum!

Topics Solved: 901

Thanks for infos & corrections! Yeah, you helped me a lot. I'm not a big enough fan of this group to hardly need this item. If tracks are the same I'll hang on without it. (wink)
FORUM MOD!
Poland (pl) Male
Name: Jacek

Topics Solved: 74

LOGIN / REGISTER TO BE ABLE TO COMMENT ON POSTS + VOTE TO SEE HIDDEN LINKS

« Return to Found / Solved Requests