Support » Hidden Download Links?
  •  ! Strappado wrote:
    HOW TO VIEW HIDDEN DOWNLOAD LINKS
    GUIDE HERE: viewtopic.php?f=185&t=56499

Hi
    I a new member and have try'ed to download this cd
    http://heavymetalrarities.com/forum/vie ... =42&t=6837

I have pushed the thanks buttom,but can't find the download link
    I have also cliked on the hidden link, but it's some program it want me to download, please help me
    Regards Mbmetal
    Random avatar
    Denmark (dk) FemaleFemale

Topics Solved: 0

The 2 post limit was removed some months ago so that shouldn't be the problem.
    Remember that 4shared need registration to download + you need a program to open the RAR files (WinRar for example)

• 7 likes this
    Sweden (se) Male  YouTube  
    Name: Emil

Topics Solved: 2523

You must use the 'thank you' button on each individual post to see the hidden links.

• 16 likes this
    Bringer of Steel
    United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Topics Solved: 149

It doesn't matter how much you post here.

Step 1. You have to use the "thumbs up" or the "thanks" button, as riptorn said.
    Step 2. Choose +1 - +5. You don't have to write something in the "Optional Notes". Then click on "submit"
    Step 3. As the page reloads, click on the download link!

• 16 likes this
    Bringer of Steel
    Germany (de) MaleYouTube 

Topics Solved: 5

It's very simple, just read here: viewtopic.php?f=119&t=21797
    (:D)

• 5 likes this
    AVOID Turbobit & Zippyshare or die!!!!!!
    FORUM MOD!
    Italy (it) Male YouTube 
    Name: Tony

Topics Solved: 889

Herman_87 wrote:Where's the "Thank for post" bottom?

https://i.imgur.com/4PehKUl.png

1. Click on "►Hidden Link" or https://i.imgur.com/5IaCTGH.png, then click "Thank For Post"

https://i.imgur.com/UdnJqGz.png

2. A popup window will load with a message box (it's not required to leave a comment) click "Submit" and the page will auto reload and the link be visible.

https://i.imgur.com/fW5R1C0.png

3. If nothing happens, just refresh the page manually and click the "Hidden Link" again then "Show Link" or just hit the https://i.imgur.com/XgWcMny.png Eye Icon located at the bottom of the post.

https://i.imgur.com/LEckRU8.png

• 6 likes this

Is it my imagination or are people finally getting the hang of awarding reputation points when they thank for posts? After years & years of most people only giving 1 point, my latest uploads have gotten a clean sweep of 5's!

https://i.imgur.com/Zoe5m51.jpeg

• 4 likes this
    Bringer of Steel
    United Kingdom (uk) Male 

The whole points thing is still a bit of a new thing to me and despite it all being self explanatory it's just something different to get used to. After 20 years of running forums and participating in them I've spent years avoiding the "like system" which reminded me too much of Facebook. Then when XenForo became the norm for a lot of sites I did get a little more used to the idea of liking something, but old habits die hard and to me forums are still about conversation so I tend to thank via post. On this system I tend to hit the thanks, then the points, forget about a comment, then go back to the thread and realise I should have thanked on the points screen. Old man. Old habits. Mush for a brain. It will happen eventually, apologies until it does :)

• 2 likes this

Deathdancer wrote:The whole points thing is still a bit of a new thing to me and despite it all being self explanatory it's just something different to get used to. After 20 years of running forums and participating in them I've spent years avoiding the "like system" which reminded me too much of Facebook. Then when XenForo became the norm for a lot of sites I did get a little more used to the idea of liking something, but old habits die hard and to me forums are still about conversation so I tend to thank via post. On this system I tend to hit the thanks, then the points, forget about a comment, then go back to the thread and realise I should have thanked on the points screen. Old man. Old habits. Mush for a brain. It will happen eventually, apologies until it does :)

Obviously you are a newbie here...some years ago this forum became a total mess,hundreds of only "thanks","cool" etc. in every single topic that added nothing to the discussions...and what is worst the forum slowed down as it was not able to handle the huge mass of useless pages causing also the malfunction of the "search" option...and worst of worst at least once a week the forum used to went offline because of this for 24/48 hours...believe me it's much better now!!!

• 3 likes this
    Name: Marco

Topics Solved: 86

I agree that like buttons work better than one word posts, but coming from a background of wanting to create traffic and wanting users actively commenting on a site it's just something different to me. As is the points system which we used to remove so as not to create pissing competitions. We even went through a stage of removing post counts because once people got up past 30,000 posts it created competitions like "who will be first to 35K", "who will be first to 40K" etc. Traffic is good but it's got to be the right form of traffic and every forum owner has a different idea about traffic and how much they can deal with.

• 1 likes this

Deathdancer wrote:On this system I tend to hit the thanks, then the points, forget about a comment, then go back to the thread and realise I should have thanked on the points screen. Old man. Old habits. Mush for a brain. It will happen eventually, apologies until it does :)

To be honest, it took me years to notice that there were messages amongst the reputation posts, somehow that whole aspect of the forum just wasn't on my radar for a long time.
    Likely because, like you, i'm an ole timer who's stuck in my ways.
    Now that i've cottoned on to how that all works it's become second nature to go & check my recent uploads occasionally to check the comments & to leave them myself when i have something to say about others posts.
    I don't think anyone's expecting everybody to comment on every single post they d/l, but if someone chips in a little extra info on a band or release it's appreciated & if you get a 'thanx, i've been after this for years' it does give you a little ecouragement to keep on uploading.
    Echoing nonseinormale65's comments, things had become a real mess here at one point courtesy of all the pointless 'thanks' posts, so huge appreciation should go to those mods who painstakingly removed all of them a few years back & made the site so much better thanks to their efforts.
    (cheers1)
    As Girlschool are so fond of saying, "Cheers You Lot!!!"

• 1 likes this
    Bringer of Steel
    United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Our biggest problem with pointless posting was "+1" posts, no comment, no thanks, just a +1. When you have hundreds of opinion based threads all you need is 5 users who can't think of anything to say and just type +1, in a few threads they follow, then another 5 who know it's annoying but do it for shits and giggles and suddenly there is a lot of pointless posts. For those people Overkill said it best :)

• 2 likes this

Deathdancer wrote:For those people Overkill said it best :)

(hehe) (hehe) (hehe) (hehe) (hehe)

• 1 likes this
    Bringer of Steel
    United Kingdom (uk) Male 

riptorn wrote:Is it my imagination or are people finally getting the hang of awarding reputation points when they thank for posts? After years & years of most people only giving 1 point, my latest uploads have gotten a clean sweep of 5's!

https://i.imgur.com/Zoe5m51.jpeg

I have set 5 as default :)

NWOFHM01 wrote:Hello OldNecromancer,

thanks for your answer.

But when i open the page I cannot see any "Thumb Up" button.

Maybe I'm not looking in the right place?

Thanks for support.

It's WELL explained in this image: https://i.postimg.cc/wMSfS03C/How-to-hi ... on-HMR.jpg
    (wink)
    AVOID Turbobit & Zippyshare or die!!!!!!
    FORUM MOD!
    Italy (it) Male YouTube 
    Name: Tony

Topics Solved: 889

Pardon for not being aware of the following issue much sooner:

When someone posts a reup link in an original thread topic, pressing the standard "thanks" button does not seem to add reputation points. The thumbs up icon at bottom right corner needs to be clicked for adding rep. I will gradually get to sending user points for many older reup link posts.

• 2 likes this
    Bringer of Steel
    Antarctica (aq) Male

Topics Solved: 78

"You must press/click the button in the RE-UPLOADER's post, NOT in the original post."

• 1 likes this

Topics Solved: 777

Instead of clicking green "thanks" button, i am exclusively using thumbs up icon for everything to make certain rep points are received. If anyone has received something besides default maximum points, then my tablet glitched in the process and record should be corrected. Another example, i do not leave personal messages with ratings, but in the past random numbers suddenly appeared in the box and was sent a few times. The new tablet i am using now is of worse quality than my former, so i am trying to be extra careful with these often cheap touch screen mechanics.

Personal info, since i can't get online regularly, then whenever i do mass points are quickly given for various posts to appreciate the contributions. Sometimes i download, but particularly these days i simply give rep for nearly anything posted of interest, impossible to notice everything whether new or old. With my remaining time online i will share whatever could be useful to this forum. Need to make these details clear.

• 3 likes this
    Bringer of Steel
    Antarctica (aq) Male

Topics Solved: 78

LOGIN / REGISTER TO BE ABLE TO COMMENT ON POSTS + VOTE TO SEE HIDDEN LINKS

« Return to Support