FORUM RULES
Help and support questions only

Support » 4shared problems
  •  ! canadaspaceman wrote:
    NOTICE:
    you HAVE to join 4shared for FREE if it is a download link to the http://www.4shared.com/ site !

4shared problems

4shared has been acting weird lately i log in my account but my folders seem empty , my links are working though i upload files and cant see them after they are done in the folders and some times the folders appear empty and then the whole things says its an invalid link anyone else having problems with 4shared ?
    Bringer of Steel
    Cyprus (cy) Male
    Name: Michalis

Topics Solved: 12

It seems i cannot upload anything to 4shared and unfortunately mirrorcreator won't let me upload anything either for days (is it just me???). I thought to use mediafire but we had so many problems with all those deleted files that i'd prefer not to use it (what's the point in uploading something to have it deleted in a few weeks and uploading it again...), so i gues it's as witchcross said ''time for a new platform, once again''.
    Does anyone have any other reliable platform that we could use in mind?
    Bringer of Steel
    Greece (gr) Male
    Name: Kostas

Topics Solved: 9

well the thing is that we could use mediafire and for example renaming the files we upload from "overkill - relix 13.rar" to "O-R13.gif" or to simply "O-r13" and when you download it you can either add the .rar extension or change it to .rar extension from .gif that would prevend the search algorithms of mediafire to not find the files we uploaded

• 1 likes this

If Any Of My Links Are Dead PM Me And I Will Upload It Again
    Bringer of Steel
    Cyprus (cy) Male
    Name: Michalis

Topics Solved: 12

4Shared Warning

hello all. I recently received a notification from 4shared's team with the information that I had copyright material in my account, after deleting it I had to declare that I had the right to all of the stuff I have in my account.

my question is: Even that I don't own the content in my account (I have some music files of underground bands). Could the block or ban me in case they consider this files as a copyright material? are they that picky about copyrights?

where do you keep your shared files for the forum?

sorry bout the language. I'm not from an English speaking country.
    Brazil (br) Male 

Topics Solved: 0

https://cloud.mail.ru is a good choice
    Random avatar
    Bringer of Steel

Sendspace is another good option, you don't need register in that hosting.
    Bringer of Steel
    Colombia (co) Male YouTube  
    Name: Infernvs

Topics Solved: 5

Yandex Disk is pretty good, it gives you 10GB of space but you can apply for more. Sometimes you can get more space for free.

Zippyshare is pretty good, they don't require registration but they delete files after 30 days with no downloads.

Steel Republic
    Bringer of Steel
    United States (us) Male 

I recommend you internet clouds (disks) e.g. MEGA (best offer - you get 50 GB for free!), Dropbox, Yandex or above-mentioned Cloud Mail. On these disks unlike hosting sites your files are secure and do not expires, which is an additional advantage. I think that better hostings than 4shared are iFolder, Zippyshare, Uloz or FileFactory. Interesting sites are also Depositfiles or Ge.tt What more to say? By me the best site is MEGA.
    FORUM MOD!
    Poland (pl) Male
    Name: Jacek

Topics Solved: 74

I looked through old emails and forgot , 4shared has deleted my files before.
    That was why I didn't want to use them, but a member here complained that I should.
    I should have never used 4shared, as maybe all my files there will eventually be deleted, (unlike using MEGA).

"This file is no longer available because of a claim by IFPI IFPI. "

http://gizmodo.com/5249895/pirate-bay-f ... n-the-ifpi

Music Labels Won’t Share Pirate Bay Loot With Artists
    https://torrentfreak.com/pirate-bay-loo ... ts-120728/
    http://www.neowin.net/news/ifpa-hoards- ... th-artists

http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/permali ... lereceives

http://williampatry.blogspot.ca/2008/04 ... y-and.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IFPI

Topics Solved: 794

4shared- log in every 180 days !

I never knew this before, but reminding any of you that also didn't know -

http://www.4shared.com/help/index.jsp?locale=en

How long the files are stored.

Your free account and all your files will be kept safely at 4shared, unless you don’t log into your account for 180 days.

What is the expiration date for my account?

The expiration date will be postponed for 180 days every time you log into your account (for some countries this term is extended to 210 or 240 days).
    If you don’t log in for 180 days, all your files within your account will be deleted.
    If you use your account regularly, you’ll be able to save your files as long as you wish.
    This term is extended for popular files that are more actively downloaded

• 3 likes this

Still better than Yandex. I lost a lots of files because I forgot to sign in within the 45 day period.

My blog: Texas Metal Powerhouse
    Bringer of Steel
    United States (us) Male 

Topics Solved: 6

4Shared - Taking Your Personal Information

You may have noticed that 4Shared now demands that you download through any social networks you may be a member of. Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc. This way they obtain personal information from your social network profile, which is dangerous to your personal security. There is no choice but to give up this personal information if you want to d/l. I do not d/l any 4Shared links for this reason. I suggest mega.co.nz (MEGA) as an alternative.
    Canada (ca) Male 

Yes, make a "fake" facebook account you never really use.

These days I prefer MEGA or https://disk.yandex.com/client/disk .

My 4shared account got full a long time ago.

I also use Mega, it works great. I have problems with Yandex, when I put file in it, it just won't start uploading which is very peculiar.

• 1 likes this
    Bringer of Steel

Topics Solved: 63

Edit: site no longer works as of 2016

www dot 4server dot info

Enter the link from 4shared and you can download without any problem.

Topics Solved: 1

4shared now takes forever to download. I give up. I have shared my 4shared links and now that has somehow been fucked up. I am not uploading demos to yet ANOTHER site. I am done wasting time re-uploading shit I have already shared over and over and over....
    United States (us) Male
    Name: Mikael Vaalkoth

Topics Solved: 7

vaalkoth wrote:4shared now takes forever to download. I give up. I have shared my 4shared links and now that has somehow been fucked up. I am not uploading demos to yet ANOTHER site. I am done wasting time re-uploading shit I have already shared over and over and over....

Yes, I agree, original uploaders should not be obligated to keep re-uploading. For some topics where there have been pages and pages of "Thanks", almost none of them will help out / "pay back" with a re-up.

Downloading speed is not my complaint with 4shared, but them deleting my uploads.
    They say
    YOU HAVE TO LOG INTO YOUR FREE ACCOUNT AT LEAST ONCE PER EVERY 180 DAYS. OTHERWISE, YOUR FREE ACCOUNT AND ALL OF YOUR CUSTOMER DATA WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE DELETED. DELETED CUSTOMER DATA CANNOT BE RESTORED.
    but a lot of us do that anyway, in order to download from others, and still, every month, more of my files have disappeared.

There has been talk of only using sites like MEGA or Yandex and similar sites that do not delete your files and offer quick speeds.
    FORUM MOD!

What happens to 4shared?

Yesterday the website worked perfect, but now get a warning "Attackers site http://www.4shared.com might try to trick you install your programs affecting navigation (for example, change your home page or show additional ads on sites to which you access). the function Google safe Browsing malware found on the site http://www.4shared.com recently.

https://raiolanetworks.es/wp-content/uploads/desinfeccionwordpress22.png

• 1 likes this
    For some warmth from someone ...
    Bringer of Steel
    Peru (pe) Male 
    Name: John

Topics Solved: 47

Everything alright over here using Firefox.
    I recall some members mentioned similar problems earlier.

The thing is 4shared sharpened their policy for non-user downloads by forcing stupid ads and maybe malware (around Dec 2015?), so download is not as comfortable anymore. That´s the point where Google safe browsing probably detects malware (not 4shared itself, but 3rd party shit).
    So the solution for me was: Log in to 4shared before downloading and everything should work smoothly.
    Hope this helps.

• 1 likes this
    RunningWild bans and give people negative points for no reason. He also edit and post things in his own stupid way and don't follow the posting layout rules!...  RunningWild have been banished and eliminated from the Forum!
    Austria (at) Male
    Rank: RunningWild bans and give people negative points for no reason. He also edit and post things in his own stupid way and don't follow the posting layout rules!... RunningWild have been banished and eliminated from the Forum!

Topics Solved: 901

I see the warning on Chrome and clicked the details link to see what the warnings mean. That's when I saw this. (hehe)

http://i.imgur.com/SmZzw1g.png

• 1 likes this

My blog: Texas Metal Powerhouse
    Bringer of Steel
    United States (us) Male 

Topics Solved: 6

I get that on a couple of other sites that haven't done anything wrong, just ignore the warning in that case.

• 1 likes this
    FORUM MOD!
    Canada (ca) Male YouTube 
    Name: Tachi Ikoma

Topics Solved: 21

Because i use ad-block 4-shared has recently started to make me wait 1000 seconds for a download, which is about 16 and a half minutes.
    It's a pain in the arse, but i put up with it if it's something i really want.
    Far from ideal though.

• 1 likes this
    Bringer of Steel
    United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Topics Solved: 149

riptorn wrote:Because i use ad-block 4-shared has recently started to make me wait 1000 seconds for a download, which is about 16 and a half minutes.
    Far from ideal though.

There's a way to bypass it. ;)
    1. Open any link on 4shared.
    2. Click on 'Add to my account' button.
    3. Go to your account.
    4. Then find this file and click on it.
    5. Next, click 'Free download'.

As you can see, there is 0 seconds instead of 20 or 1000. (wink)

• 2 likes this
    FORUM MOD!
    Poland (pl) Male
    Name: Jacek

Topics Solved: 74

yes, sometimes I will get that wait for "1000 seconds" too, no big deal, as I have other tabs opened and doing something else during the countdown.
    just easier to log in instead of linking 4shared to your Facebook or other sites.

the web browser I use mainly is Mozilla Firefox, but an OLDER version, because the newer ones prevented me from copying / pasting comments onto YouTube for example.
    It is not 100 % solid, but I like it better....just so sick of many applications and browsers being updated , but with added problems..
    the older version of Mozilla Firefox I use (not version 43, the most recent) is this -
    Firefox Setup 34.0.5
    http://filehippo.com/download_firefox/59449/

• 1 likes this
    FORUM MOD!

stratocaster_123 wrote:
    riptorn wrote:Because i use ad-block 4-shared has recently started to make me wait 1000 seconds for a download, which is about 16 and a half minutes.
    Far from ideal though.

There's a way to bypass it. ;)
    1. Open any link on 4shared.
    2. Click on 'Add to my account' button.
    3. Go to your account.
    4. Then find this file and click on it.
    5. Next, click 'Free download'.

As you can see, there is 0 seconds instead of 20 or 1000. (wink)

Thanks for the tip stratocaster_123, i'll give that a try next time i'm using 4shared.

• 1 likes this
    Bringer of Steel
    United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Well, like was said on a similar topic, viewtopic.php?f=157&t=16884&hilit=4shared

4shared emailed me a "Service abuse" complaint, but this time, it does not even identify who initiated it.

I searched,and there has been a similar file "Kiss Exposed" pdf for 5 years on 4shared, which may, or may not where I originally got it from.
    I don't know unless uploaders / rippers attach their names.

Not that I have uploaded much lately, but won't be using 4shared anymore for storage.

One account and its files now blocked from public access /downloads.
    From now on, will use only nonsense names on folders, and passwords on everything, and use better storage sites.

Hello, canada.
    We have received a notification that certain materials from your account as described below infringe upon someone else's copyright:

http://www.4shared.com/archive/eBxMPhrCba/
    Access to this material has been temporarily disabled or such material has been removed.

This is the SECOND instance of copyright infringement claim associated with your 4shared account. In accordance with 4shared's Copyright Policy, to which you are bound by virtue of agreeing to our Terms of Use, your account will be terminated and your access to 4shared services permanently banned following three instances of copyright infringement.
    As a consequence of the infringement claim filed against you, the public sharing function for your account has been disabled. For instructions on how to dispute the copyright infringement claim, please read the section titled Counter Notification Requirements below. For instructions on how to re-activate your sharing function, read the section titled Re-Activation of the Sharing Function of your account at the end of this letter.
    Counter Notification Requirements
    If you do not believe that such materials are infringing and wish to have access restored, please provide a counter notification containing the following information to 4shared Designated Agent for Notice of Claims of Copyright Infringement ("Designated Agent") as set forth below:

Identify the material that was removed or disabled, and the location where it appeared before it was removed or disabled;
    Declare under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material at issue was removed or disabled as a result of either mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled;
    Provide your name, address, and telephone number;
    Provide a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal district court for the judicial district in which your address is located, or if your address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which 4shared may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided the notification or an agent of such person.
    Provide your physical or electronic signature.

Such counter notification must be sent via e-mail to our Designated Agent at dmca_agent@4shared.com
    Alternatively, you may send the counter notification to our Designated Agent using the contact information below:

Name of Designated Agent: Ganka Hadjipetrova
    Address of Designated Agent: 3080 South Court, Palo Alto, California 94306, USA.
    Facsimile Number of Designated Agent: (650) 433-5471
    If we receive a proper counter notice, then we may replace or cease disabling access to the allegedly infringing materials in ten business days in accordance with the provisions of the DMCA, unless our Designated Agent first receives notice that an action has been filed by the complainant seeking a court order to restrain the account holder from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on our system or network.

You should also note that if you make any material misrepresentation in your counter notification that the material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification, you will be liable for all damages, including costs and attorneys' fees, incurred by 4shared or any copyright owner or copyright owner's authorized licensee as the result of our relying upon such misrepresentation in replacing the removed material or ceasing to disable access to it.

In the event you provide us with counter notification compliant with all requirements described above and the rights owner does not pursue the infringement claim further, 4shared will remove this instance of copyright infringement from your record and will not consider the take-down notice for purposes of the three-strike repeat infringer termination policy. If we receive a compliant counter notification, we will also re-activate your account's sharing capability. Note that regardless of whether or not you challenge the infringement claim via a counter notification, 4shared will keep the take-down notification for its records.
    Re-Activation of the Sharing Function of Your Account

Note that if you send us a counter notification fulfilling all requirements described above, your account's sharing functionality will be re-activated.
    In case you do not challenge the take-down notification, you may still be able to re-activate the sharing function of your account. To do that, you must remove all copyrighted content for which you do not hold author's rights and do not otherwise have authorization to use.

Once you have removed all unauthorized materials from your account, you must declare under penalty of perjury that your account does not contain infringing files here. Take note that you will still have access to your files if you do not verify your account is infringement free, but you will not be able to share them publicly.

The 4shared Team

I for sure will stop using 4shared now. I heard MEGA is way better, and way easier to use.
    Name: David

Topics Solved: 2

Dejv wrote:I for sure will stop using 4shared now. I heard MEGA is way better, and way easier to use.

As has been said elsewhere on the forum, if everyone switches to the same host (Mega for instance), and it gets shut down at some point, then we'll lose the majority of links on the forum.
    It's far better to use a diverse selection of hosting sites so that we don't end up with a forum where most of the links are dead, as we did back when Megaupload was shut down by the powers-that-be.
    There are a variety of hosting sites out there & some work better than others depending on your locale, computer, settings etc.
    I would encourage people to use some of the less obvious, (and better yet, Eastern European) options for the good of the future of the forum.
    Bringer of Steel
    United Kingdom (uk) Male 

This is one of the main reasons why I don't upload anymore, including even the obscure releases. It's far too much of a hassle to have to arrange the archives, sit around and wait as they upload at a snail's pace, and then risk possibly having it all getting taken down within the next day. Not even YouTube is safe from this, with their "fair use" nonsense that they keep enforcing. Many channels get flagged and ultimately shut down, including those that weren't even trying to monetize off their videos.
    United States (us) Male 

riptorn wrote:
    Dejv wrote:I for sure will stop using 4shared now. I heard MEGA is way better, and way easier to use.

As has been said elsewhere on the forum, if everyone switches to the same host (Mega for instance), and it gets shut down at some point, then we'll lose the majority of links on the forum.
    It's far better to use a diverse selection of hosting sites so that we don't end up with a forum where most of the links are dead, as we did back when Megaupload was shut down by the powers-that-be.
    There are a variety of hosting sites out there & some work better than others depending on your locale, computer, settings etc.
    I would encourage people to use some of the less obvious, (and better yet, Eastern European) options for the good of the future of the forum.

Kim Dotcom is warning users of Mega, the cloud storage company he founded in 2013, to back up their files. According to the entrepreneur, Mega is now under the control of Bill Liu, a New Zealand-based Chinese national that is currently fifth on China's most-wanted criminal list.

In 2012, a combined effort by the United States and New Zealand governments brought Kim Dotcom’s Megaupload empire to its knees. Coordinated raids in multiple locations carried out by heavily armed officers ensured that a clear message was sent to copyright infringers.

But despite the overwhelming show of force, Dotcom refused to lie down and just a year later he launched a brand new file-hosting service. Known simply as ‘Mega’, the platform launched to great fanfare in 2013.

Mega quickly became a force to be reckoned with in the hosting market, with Dotcom promoting the platform at every turn. Nevertheless, controversy was never far away.

In September 2014, Mega was branded a “piracy haven” in a Digital Citizens Alliance report into the activities of “shadowy cyberlockers.”

As a direct consequence and under pressure from the U.S. government, in early 2015 PayPal stopped processing payments for Mega. There can be little doubt that hurt the site.

But behind the scenes other matters were becoming a distraction. In May 2015, Mega’s bid for a stock listing fell through and just two months later Dotcom’s earlier praise for the company turned sour.

“Mega has experienced a hostile takeover and is no longer in the control of people who care about Internet Freedom. The New Zealand Government and Hollywood have seized a significant share of the company,” Dotcom told TorrentFreak.

“The combined shares seized by the NZ government and Hollywood were significant enough to stop our listing on the New Zealand stock exchange.”

Dotcom had already resigned as a director of Mega in September 2013 but now he was publicly warning people against using the site.

Today Dotcom repeated those calls, warning users of Mega over what he sees as the precarious position of the company.

“Mega had to survive without a credit card payment processor for almost 2 years now. The air is getting thin. Backup your Mega files,” he told users via Twitter.

But while a lack of payment processing options certainly won’t be helping Mega, Dotcom sees more danger in the reported controller of Mega, Chinese national and New Zealand citizen Bill Liu.

Back in 2009, Liu made headlines when it was revealed that despite being wanted for fraud in China, he was granted citizenship in New Zealand. Now it’s been revealed by kiwi Prime Minister John Key that Liu is ranked number five on China’s “Top 100” extradition list.

“I haven’t seen the list, but there is a list,” Key said.

“They’ve also put out a list worldwide of the Top 100. Bill Liu is number five on it,” he said of the Chinese government.

New Zealand police have already seized millions of dollars of assets that are believed to belong to Liu, including some held in Mega, although Liu denies all wrong doing. Dotcom, however, remains unconvinced.

“The 5th most wanted criminal in China is in control of Mega and he wants to float the business in HK? Good luck,” he said this morning.

As these situations go, the short history of Mega is utterly unique. Never before has a platform in the file-sharing space had two entrepreneurs each worth millions of dollars being pursued for extradition by two of the world’s most powerful governments for entirely different reasons.

It’s currently very late evening in New Zealand so we’re not expecting an immediate response from Mega to our requests for comment. We’ll add them here as soon as they arrive.

Update: Statement from Mega chairman Stephen Hall

“Mega has significant funding and strong support from shareholders so its financial position is certainly not precarious. Dotcom’s comment is factually incorrect and the motive is unknown,” Hall informs TF.

“Mega continues to experience strong growth which illustrates the global appreciation of the quality of its services. Mr Liu has a shareholding interest but has no management or board position so he certainly doesn’t control Mega.”

https://torrentfreak.com/kim-dotcom-war ... es-160421/
    United Kingdom (uk) Male

Topics Solved: 144

LOGIN / REGISTER TO BE ABLE TO COMMENT ON POSTS + VOTE TO SEE HIDDEN LINKS

« Return to Support