Releases still available from bands or labels.
Rejected Requests & Uploads »  [REJECTED] Urchin (UK) - Urchin [Compilation] (2004)
  • http://metalarea.org/images/audiocovers/2010_May/acov_tid116418.jpg

Artist: Urchin
    Release: Urchin
    Format: Compilation
    Release Year: 2004
    Genre: NWOBHM / Hard Rock

Buy it here: http://www.hrrshop.de/navi.php?suchausd ... 9vb357o1d4

[b]Info:

Compilation of High Roller Records, limited and handnumbered to 330 copies, silver vinyl
    incl. 4 Single Tracks, 1 x Live + 5 (!!!) unreleased songs (Sessions '77)
    http://v1.metal-archives.com/

Lineup:
    - Last known line-up
    Adrian Smith - guitar, vocals (1974 - 1980)
    Andy Barnett - guitar (1978 - 1980)
    Richard Young - keyboards (1979 - 1980)
    Alan Levett - bass guitar (1976 - 1980)
    Barry Tyler - drums (1974 - 1980)
    - Former members
    Dave Murray - guitar (1977 - 1978)
    Maurice Coyne - guitar (1974-1978)
    David Hall - vocals (1975-1977)
    John Hoye - bass (1974-1976)

Tracklist:
    1. She's a Roller (1977 Single) 03:08
    2. Long Time No Woman (1977 Single) 02:57
    3. Black Leather Fantasy (1977 Single) 07:23
    4. Rock & Roll Woman (1977 Single) 03:45
    5. See Right Through You (Live at Marquee '85 - A.S.A.P.) 03:18
    6. See Right Through You (Sessions '77) 03:22
    7. Walking out on You (Sessions '77) 03:45
    8. Watch Me Walk Away (Sessions '77) 03:56
    9. The Latest Show (Sessions '77) 04:45
    10. Life Time (Sessions '77) 05:01
    FORUM MOD!
    Greece (gr) Male
    Name: Jason

Topics Solved: 414

I picked this up as a CD from somewhere, and it's still on my shelves - it has liner notes but is obviously a bootleg, probably booted off the vinyl. But it's cool stuff nonetheless. Anything to do with early MAIDEN or the period around it is really fascinating to me.
    Bringer of Steel

Topics Solved: 18

I believe High Roller have put out a cd version of this recently, with better artwork, extensive liner notes, obi strip etc.
    Thanks for the opportunity to give this a listen.
    *EDIT*
    Sorry, my mistake.
    It turns out the High Roller CD is actually made up of different recordings from this album.
    See details of the cd here:
    http://www.hrrecords.de/high_roller/sit ... php?id=198
    Bringer of Steel
    United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Topics Solved: 96

High Roller´s LP has different versions,so it´s a diffrent thing- innit? It´s one great LP that they released (HR, I mean!) I love this band! Well, Adrian Smith-anything goes for me- he´s great guitarist/singer/songwriter, hell of a musician!!! (yes!)
     Male

Topics Solved: 0

Thanks! I wish High Roller would release this one on CD.
    Random avatar

HR Records, still have some 2004 vinyl vesion "test copies" to sell.
    Random avatar
    Bringer of Steel
    Mexico (mx) Male

arthurzinhobueno wrote:I have considered high the prices. Who can to display here a site to buy a pirate CD of band?

This is still available direct from the label, so it's not allowed to request it under forum rules.

viewtopic.php?f=123&t=198

Official 2010-2014 releases and albums still available at the band or label is strictly forbidden to post or request.

http://www.hrrshop.de/URCHIN-s-t-TEST_1

• 2 likes this
    United Kingdom (uk) Male

Topics Solved: 98

arthurzinhobueno wrote:I have considered high the prices. Who can to display here a site to buy a pirate CD of band?

Well, to below user, I have requested a site when all can find to buy a pirate CD of band, no upload or reupload it. For exemple, russian, chinese and paraguayan sites that have to sale pirate CDs.

Well, that's not the right place to ask it. I live in Brazil too and yes, prices are quite high (not to mention shipping price), but we have to remember that music is made by people who really deserve that money for the hard work. Music is art, after all.

If you can't buy it, you really shouldn't download illegaly/buy pirate CDs, because you aren't giving proper retribution for the work - that would be unethical. Sorry if I sounded too elitist, like if music is something only for the rich, but unfortunately that's the only way to listen to it legitimatelly.

I myself used to download albums still for sale, but I have stopped since I started to give more value to the music I listen. And I should thank this forum to this, since all (except a few) members always take a stand to support the artists, and that woke me up. What I do now is just listen sometimes to songs on youtube, and if I really like them, I buy the album.

So I would recommend you not to search for pirate CDs. There's a lot of good music in this forum which you can get for free without trouble, for example demos and stuff out of print, and sometimes even the artists themselves make something available for free (take a look here).

• 1 likes this
    Brazil (br) Male
    Name: Fyt Tigersharq

Topics Solved: 2

easternthunder wrote:
    arthurzinhobueno wrote:I have requested a site when all can find to buy a pirate CD of band, no upload or reupload it. For exemple, russian, chinese and paraguayan sites that have to sale pirate CDs.

So you'd rather pay money to criminals than to the bands and labels that produce the music?! (shock) That is totally unconscionable. People like you don't deserve to be a member of this forum. (nope)

Why I will pay 50 Euros if I can to pay 1 Euro by a CD? They are not criminals, they are workers also.

I know the Metal for little time. I always bought pirate CDs, and didn't see problem. I already have mainstream bands pirate CDs (Judas Priest, Motorhead, Saxon, Witchfinde General and some the others). They was difficult to find, but I found in Paraguay in a barker in Ciudad del Este.

And according some documentary, there is various shops in Paraguay that sale pirate CDs of underground bands reissue (HHR, Rock Candy and much others). The products came from China and Russia to Paraguay. These shops certainly have sites. But they does not available in web search (Google search) because the brazilian government blocks these sites. And I would want somebody indicate the sites of paraguayan shops here in forum. The uploaders have indicated shops with original CDs only. Here in this posting I am not requesting upload or reupload nothing.

-1 reputation votes
    Name: Arthurzinho

arthurzinhobueno wrote:
    easternthunder wrote:
    arthurzinhobueno wrote:I have requested a site when all can find to buy a pirate CD of band, no upload or reupload it. For exemple, russian, chinese and paraguayan sites that have to sale pirate CDs.

So you'd rather pay money to criminals than to the bands and labels that produce the music?! (shock) That is totally unconscionable. People like you don't deserve to be a member of this forum. (nope)

Why I will pay 50 Euros if I can to pay 1 Euro by a CD? They are not criminals, they are workers also.

I know the Metal for little time. I always bought pirate CDs, and didn't see problem. I already have mainstream bands pirate CDs (Judas Priest, Motorhead, Saxon, Witchfinde General and some the others). They was difficult to find, but I found in Paraguay in a barker in Ciudad del Este.

And according some documentary, there is various shops in Paraguay that sale pirate CDs of underground bands reissue (HHR, Rock Candy and much others). The products came from China and Russia to Paraguay. These shops certainly have sites. But they does not available in web search (Google search) because the brazilian government blocks these sites. And I would want somebody indicate the sites of paraguayan shops here in forum. The uploaders have indicated shops with original CDs only. Here in this posting I am not requesting upload or reupload nothing.

As easterthunder said, people on this forum does support the bands they like because they valorize them: it worths the money, if the music is good. People who pirate CDs are, contrary to what you are saying, criminals indeed, because there are laws protecting intellectual work and copyright, and they are breaking those laws. So yeah, you are pretty much supporting criminals, whose only work is burning the stuff to CD-R and (maybe) printing covers, all in subpar quality if compared to the original. If you buy the original CD, you will support the bands (and thus stimulating them to produce more awesome music) and get a better quality product, and the most important: all legitimately, cause pirated products are illegal. That's a fact.

If you see no problem in buying pirated stuff than you would rather change your mentality, because it seems to be that you don't care about all people who did the real work, and only want the songs for yourself for the cheaper as possible, which is quite egoistical. That is not accepted in this forum. You should know that people here really care for the music. So, if you keep saying stuff like that, expect to get negative reputation until you get banned. If you don't buy original stuff you are just contributing to kill more and more the good labels and artists.

• 1 likes this
    Brazil (br) Male
    Name: Fyt Tigersharq

« Return to Rejected Requests & Uploads