Demos [Heavy / Power] » Mausen [NOT: Mauser] (Ita) - Demo (1984)
  • https://i.imgur.com/bloqZdl.jpg

Artist:     Mausen
    Release: Demo (1984)
    Genre:    Heavy Metal/Hard Rock
    Bitrate:   cbr320 (low quality)
    Hidden Link → To see this 'hidden' link click one of the green buttons on the right: Thank for Post or Thumb up
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Demo, self-released on tape.

Requested at nonseinormale65´s wantlist.
    Guess this came from StrappadoMetalBlog, so thanks to the initial uploader.

Line-up:
    Punky (Marco) = bass, vocals
    Rocky (Rocco Fortunato) = guitars, vocals
    Fido (Massimo Fidani) = drums, vocals
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tracklist:
    01.  Rocker  (03:20)
    02.  Love me rock me  (04:16)

RunningWild wrote:Shortlived Italian band, not too much info (maybe Marco can help?).
    At least I managed to find a small cover, their origin and lineup info.
    Production is not good, the rip is neither. - Still hoping for a better rip and/or scan…

Added on 2020-Mar-31:
    You´ll find two more unreleased songs (live video) here.
    Austria (at) Male

Topics Solved: 931

This is - MAUSER
    not Mausen

the rip most likely came from a dubbed tape with bad handwritten on it.
    The logo must be a mistake from the pressing factory.
    I know, i know - too many mistakes. But i've seen it before even with american bands. This was 1984.
    Not too many italian demos had j-cards on this year...

While Mausen means nothing - you can google italian language....
    Mauser was a pistol gun used by the german army on the 1st WW :
    https://gunsmagazine.com/handguns/the-mauser-c96/

read this please - viewtopic.php?f=55&t=14165

• 1 likes this

Topics Solved: 18

! Strappado wrote:
    Title chaged to Mauser.

"Mausen" included in brackets for finding it in search results

However, woud be nice to have a source/backstory on the name/cover/logo confusion

-1 reputation votes
    Sweden (se) Male   YouTube  
    Name: Emil

Topics Solved: 1472

Metalhuhn wrote:This is - MAUSER, not Mausen

the rip most likely came from a dubbed tape with bad handwritten on it.
    The logo must be a mistake from the pressing factory.

I really appreciate your enourmous in-depth knowledge when it comes to 80s metal.
    But I cannot understand stubbornness to ignore valid information provided by someone else.
    We had that discussion already - it ended up with you ignoring the facts, without having any contrary evidence!
    And when a coverscan shows up (like here, or there), of course the last resort it is a printing error … for sure, I understand. (muha)
    So I´m not arguing with you any longer, stick to what you want to believe even if it´s false… (facepalm)
    I believe in my eyes (e.g. what´s printed by bands), in my database, in zines, in M-A and in my informants - exactly in this order.

For all others, here´s some kind of background story of MAUSEN (generated from keywords out of my database):
    Mausen appeared around 1983 in Rome, Italy.
    In 1984 the 3-piece released a demo with 2 tracks.
    LineUp: b+v=Punky (=Marco), g+v=Rocky (=Rocco Fortunato?), d+v=Fido (=Massimo Fidani?).
    Punky left the band, Mausen broke up and Rocky and Fido continued with (or formed?) Miss Daisy.

Got all this infos and the (sadly too small) cover scans from an Italian guy called Raven.
    Must be around 2006/07, guess he was running a zine (if memory serves me right).

To show another proof (instead of hearsay) just check the writing of a bandmember on the inside of the j-card - dedicated to Gianfranco, nick "Raven".
    https://i.imgur.com/eGgw8jP.jpg
    From what I understand by a few Italian phrases, Mausen is proud to present their demo.
    They hail Alcohol & Sex and recommend to spread this demo while blowing your speakers…

Don´t believe me, just believe your eyes and verifiable facts, not hearsay by so-called experts…
    Austria (at) Male

Topics Solved: 931

You give me negative points for what? I clearly said "it would be nice to have a source" + I included "Mausen" in the title because of the confusion between the names. I can't just ignore that they are called Mauser on a compilation tape (I know, it could be a typing error by the poster) and Metalhuhn's statement. I'm just trying to be logical here and include both names.

The complete cover and info you posted now didn't exist in the post before, so how should we know? but I agree, Mausen seems like it's correct for this demo (they could have been called Mauser earlier or later, who knows).

You asked in the rep why I ignore the cover. It's simply because I don't trust anyone or anything. But with the complete scan you posted it looks more legit.

No hard feelings

Goodnight from Sweden

• 3 likes this
    Sweden (se) Male   YouTube  
    Name: Emil

Topics Solved: 1472

Here's another example of bands that weren't right on their logos or covers or flyers or posters or promo pics.

Mannequin
    or
    Mannekin ?????????????????

Their promo pics said - Mannekin
    while the logo behind the drum kit said - Mannequin

As i said Mausen means nothing. zero.
    Mauser was a gun used by the german army (on both world wars and the italian fascist army (for officers) on the II war.
    It was a gun with a big reputation back then.

Mausen (Mauser) was featured on Stillo Stranno since around 2006 - no updates in there since it's time. No covers nothing. Once i got from a ex-band (Angelkillers) all his corrections to the titles of the demos and tracks
    titles. And there it was - same mistakes on Stillo Strano and even Metal Archives (on the meantime they were corrected for what i can see now). I imagine the amount of mistakes of italian demos (no covers, no original tapes - only a few dubbed tapes exist...).

Now the reputation - just my opinion - can't we comment now anything having opposite points of view without getting negative points ???? Don't get it. I imagine why you did it dude and what was your feeling. I can't get it.

Topics Solved: 18

Not that it matters much, but here is the translation:

"Hail Gianfranco!
    We are happy that you like Mausen's demo.
    Alcohol and sex are needed (a lot!) for a "correct use" of the tape.
    Listen to it and make it listen to a [*very high*] volume... as long as the speakers hold.
    Bye "Raven", write us whenever you want, ok!?"

Cheers from Rome.

• 2 likes this
    Name: Frank

Topics Solved: 2

Not necessarily a band choose a name with a real meaning in his own language...it's the case of Mausen...actually Mausen is a german(not italian) word that means "To Snitch" or "petty thief"...the classic storm in a glass of water... ;) case solved!!!!

P.S. two of the former members later formed Miss Daisy.

• 2 likes this
    Name: Marco

Topics Solved: 70

« Return to Demos [Heavy / Power]