Demos [Heavy / Power] » Warlord (US) - Demo I [Rehearsal Tape] (1980-1981)
  • https://i.imgur.com/4r60Jnh.png

Artist: Warlord
    Release: Demo I (Rehearsal Tape 1980-1981)
    Format: Demo
    Genre: Heavy / Power / Epic Metal
    Bitrate: 192 kbps
    Hidden Link

Info:
    Self-released Demo. Only the last song "Soliloquy" has vocals, the rest is instrumental. Track 7 was originally titled "All for One", before the lyrics were written and it was later recorded as "Sons of a Dream".
    This is officially referred to as "Rehearsal Tape 1980-1981" by guitarist William Tsamis.

Mark Zonder moved to Los Angeles from San Jose around 1980 or so, an accomplished drummer already, who had played in a hard rock band called "Russian Roulette”. Guitarist and composer William J Tsamis, inspired mainly by the European Metal scene of the time, was already creating his plan for a Metal band. So he chose the name "Warlord" as a band name when it was suggested to him by his metal comrade, Alex Bargelt. Through a girl named Rachel, Mark met William and eventually invited him to move to LA to start Warlord as a professional entity.
    One condition of being a member Warlord was that you had to give up your cherished name. You had to take on a mythological pseudonym like Destroyer, Thunder Child, Damien King, etc. There was a complete vision built inside and around the band, present through their unique epic, lyrical and romantic spirit; but meanwhile, the heavy, powerful and thundering musical style that was combined with everything else was band-related: the band name, the pseudonyms, the logo, and even their planned live show when they would hit the stage - everything was planned detail by detail.

One day, Mark and William noticed an advertisement from one Brian Slagel who was looking for metal bands to record his Metal Massacre compilation album to be released on his new independent label Metal Blade Records. The two went to Slagel's record store (Oz Records) and asked him to play some songs of songs off of their recent (1981) demo. Slagel took the tape and put it into his system, and heard the song "Winds of Thor". It must have only been seconds when Slagel asked the two if Warlord would record a song for his compilation album. The two accepted, and "Lucifer's Hammer" was released on the now classic "Metal Massacre II" (released on February 1st, 1983 by Metal Blade Records). It was Jack Rucker (Damien King I) who laid down the vocal tracks, and Diane Kornarens (Sentinel) who played the keyboards, while William played the guitars and bass, and Mark thundered on the drums.
    Warlord Biography
    http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Wa ... o_I/241019

Line-up:
    William Tsamis (Destroyer) lead guitar, bass
    Mark Zonder (Thunderchild) drums
    Diane Komarens (Sentinel) keyboards
    Jack Rucker (Damien King I) vocals on Soliloquy

Tracklist:
    1. Lucifer's Hammer 03:32 instrumental
    2. For Whom the Bell Tolls? 04:25 instrumental
    3. Untitled Instrumental 03:51 instrumental
    4. Worms of the Earth 05:30 instrumental
    5. Battle of the Living Dead 05:16 instrumental
    6. Mrs. Victoria 04:45 instrumental
    7. All for One (Sons of a Dream) 03:41 instrumental
    8. Black Mass 05:13 instrumental
    9. Child of the Damned 03:40 instrumental
    10. Soliloquy 04:05
    FORUM MOD!
    Greece (gr) Male
    Name: Jason

Topics Solved: 414

witchcross wrote:Warlord from "USA-Greece"?? All members of WARLORD are American! Or did I miss something ...?

Warlord is the brainchild of guitarist/bassist/songwriter Bill (William) Tsamis who is Greek (Greek name: Βασίλης Τσάμης).

(http://www.oocities.org/epic_metal/Warlord.html - Warlord was born in the mind of William Tsamis, a musical genious that comes from Nemea, Greece).

Saw a previous post from AchiLLeS using "Warlord (US-GRC)" and I kept it too. Nevermind, I'm gonna edit and change it to the correct Warlord (USA).

• 1 likes this
    FORUM MOD!
    Greece (gr) Male

jasonkont wrote:
    witchcross wrote:Warlord from "USA-Greece"?? All members of WARLORD are American! Or did I miss something ...?

Warlord is the brainchild of guitarist/bassist/songwriter Bill (William) Tsamis who is Greek (Greek name: Βασίλης Τσάμης).

(http://www.oocities.org/epic_metal/Warlord.html - Warlord was born in the mind of William Tsamis, a musical genious that comes from Nemea, Greece).

Saw a previous post from AchiLLeS using "Warlord (US-GRC)" and I kept it too. Nevermind, I'm gonna edit and change it to the correct Warlord (USA).

I think that article is not correct, as Tsamis is American (born and lived entire life in USA), but his heritage is Greek. Maybe that is what the article meant, it just didn't write it clearly. Regardless, he's a great musician, even if I don't agree with his religion, lol.
    Bringer of Steel

Topics Solved: 18

wdiv wrote:Thanks for the upload... but none of the links work. Any chance for a re-up???

I re-upload it. I also add the titles to some untitled tracks and add "Rehearsal Tape 1980-1981" at the title (This is officially referred to as "Rehearsal Tape 1980-1981" by guitarist William Tsamis - and as "Demo I" at MA).
    Enjoy this 'historical treasure' mates!!
    FORUM MOD!
    Greece (gr) Male

« Return to Demos [Heavy / Power]