Singles [Heavy / Power] » [DEAD LINK] Thruster (US) - Back In Time / Excellorater [Single] (1985)
  • THIS POST HAVE DEAD LINKS
    REQUEST A REUPLOAD HERE

CHECK SUBMITTED REQUESTS BEFORE POSTING A NEW ONE!

https://i.imgur.com/izQcQuX.png

Artist: Thruster
    Release: Back In Time/Excellorater 7" (1985)
    Genre: Heavy Metal
    Bitrate: 224kbps

THRUSTER - Back In Time/Excellorater 7" (1985) USA
    Fraternity Records

224kbps

01. Back In Time
    02. Excellorater

Dall McFarland - Vocals
    Russ Willoughby - Guitars
    Clark Connley - Guitars (NAKED TRUTH, SWIMSUIT MODELS)
    Greg Hilvers - Bass
    Jimmy Brink - Drums (NAKED TRUTH)

I'll let DeathRiderDoom from Metal Archives describe this next one, because his review tells it like it is.

"THRUSTER boosted into action in ’83, and formed part of the Ohio scene that included ATTAXE and AXTION amongst others.
    Their legacy was a full length in ’86 and this separately released debut single released in ’85.
    Their sound is pretty radical pounding Heavy Metal some what similar to Attaxe.
    This debut single bursts on to the scene with some pretty big riffs retaining a good deal of IRON MAIDEN-ish NWOBHM to the sound.
    Both tracks on this one are solid – with rip-roaring, Iron Maiden-ish riffs and great leads leading the way.
    "Excellerator", is a high-octane, fast number which sounds somewhat like a roaring JUDAS PRIEST track from the same time.
    Very cool stuff.
    Dell McFarland’s vocals have a cool throaty growl to them, and the sound has a nice, triumphant, all-conquering vibe to it, which retains a lot of that classic Middle-American sound to it, akin to other Ohio/Illinois area bands.
    "Back in Time", also has traces of ealy ‘80s Judas Priest in it – check the radical intro guitars, and the vocals of the first verse by McFarland.
    Big squealing solos and smooth screamed chorus vocals are the climax of this memorable cut.
    Very cool debut single here that will appeal to fans of Judas Priest, Attaxe, GLACIER, LIZZY BORDEN, ARMED FORCES and the like.
    An awesome style that is slightly Judas Priestish US metal, akin to MALICE or PHANTOM, though as an early single is not quite as refined.
    Very rockin' Heavy Metal that is pretty hard to not like.
    Fans of the old rare stff would be advised to check it out."

Aside from the single, the band's only other release was a 1986 album, "M.I.A.", which was only released on cassette at the time.
    Later it was reissued as a CDR by the band, before finally being issued on vinyl by Fils Du Metal in 2009 with new artwork, in a limited edition of 500 numbered and signed copies.
    Of the 500 copies, 405 were pressed on black heavy vinyl, with 95 on grey heavy vinyl with an original copy of the "Back In Time/Excellorater" 7" enclosed.
    After Thruster's demise in the late '80's, Guitarist Clark Connley and Drummer Jimmy Brink formed a new act called NAKED TRUTH.
    Naked Truth released a seven song, self-titled "EP" in 1990, and followed that the next year with a three song demo.
    Finally in 1994, a full length Naked Truth album, "Stand Where I Stand" was released, but the band folded shortly thereafter.
    Connley then joined Cincinatti covers band SWIMSUIT MODELS, and still plays with them to this day.
    His fellow ex-Thruster guitarist Russ Willoughby, has released two solo albums, "Riveted" and "Behind The Velvet Rope".
    Thruster have reformed their entire "Back In Time/M.I.A." line up, and have been playing reunion shows in the Ohio area since 2005.
    They are currently working on new material for a new studio album to be titled "Forever".

art & txt included

REPLY TO SEE LINK
    DEAD LINK

ctme
    Bringer of Steel
    United Kingdom (uk) Male 

Topics Solved: 96

« Return to Singles [Heavy / Power]