Band Questions »  [SOLVED] Celtic Frost live show can anyone help with date?
  • After over 20 years, I just realized I have a Celtic Frost show on the backside of my Hellhammer Satanic Rites demo, I'm assuming its 85 or 86 can anyone help with actual date or venue. I'm sure someone else has this show. The intro has a foreign accent and says " ladies and gentleman all the way from f**king Zurich, Celtic Frost"
    Track list
    Dense Macabre
    Into Crypts
    Circle of Tyrants
    Visions of Mortality
    Suicidal Winds
    Dethroned Emperor
    Visual Aggression
    Necromantical Screams
    Return To Eve(cuts)

Quality is better than the West Hamburg 86 boot, but I think this is earlier? I bought this Hell hammer demo at a convention back in 87, and was just now putting it on CD and accidentally hit the direction button on my new USB cassette player and found this show to my surprise, guess I should listen to the b sides of some of my others. I finally found my Killer Kane demo this way lol
    Random avatar
    United States (us) Male

Topics Solved: 0

its probably Grabenhalle St. Gallen Switzerland May 17 1985 - thats how my tape starts , and it fades out in Return to the Eve
    Bringer of Steel
    United States (us) Male
    Name: John

Topics Solved: 232

Thank you for your help. I was hoping it was a really early show but I think they usually played Buried and Forgotten in the set list. I only have a few CF shows, a couple rehearsals, and of course all the Hellhammer stuff...
    Tom also makes a mention this next track is from our next new album called "the usurper" they didn't play the song Usurper, so I assume it was a tentative name for a album.
    I've searched all bootleg lists and can't find a boot with the exact same set list, so far. In 85 they played Hell hammer tracks, so is this from Tragic Seranades tour ugh?
    I'm one of those meticulous people who write the venue, town, date, and even opening act and as much info as possible on my tapes/CDs.
    I am currently going through boxes I haven't opened in 10-20 years, some full of Seattle band demos. rehearsals. live. then popular band stuff.
    I am finally putting on CD and trying to fill in missing info.

I was really big into tape trading back in the mid 80s to 90s, Maybe its time to circulate the shows I've taped from 85-95 Alice In Chains, King Diamond and lots of small Seattle popular bands that nobody cared about back then.
    Random avatar
    United States (us) Male

Topics Solved: 0

micah wrote:Thank you for your help. I was hoping it was a really early show but I think they usually played Buried and Forgotten in the set list. I only have a few CF shows, a couple rehearsals, and of course all the Hellhammer stuff...
    Tom also makes a mention this next track is from our next new album called "the usurper" they didn't play the song Usurper, so I assume it was a tentative name for a album.
    I've searched all bootleg lists and can't find a boot with the exact same set list, so far. In 85 they played Hell hammer tracks, so is this from Tragic Seranades tour ugh?
    I'm one of those meticulous people who write the venue, town, date, and even opening act and as much info as possible on my tapes/CDs.
    I am currently going through boxes I haven't opened in 10-20 years, some full of Seattle band demos. rehearsals. live. then popular band stuff.
    I am finally putting on CD and trying to fill in missing info.

I was really big into tape trading back in the mid 80s to 90s, Maybe its time to circulate the shows I've taped from 85-95 Alice In Chains, King Diamond and lots of small Seattle popular bands that nobody cared about back then.

there is a complete version of the show, I had it on tape, but cant find it anymore. This partial one with the cut end was traded with 3 reh tracks added on -

feel free to share all the old stuff you have, love to see some new rare stuff show up..... thanks
    Bringer of Steel
    United States (us) Male
    Name: John

Topics Solved: 232

« Return to Band Questions