Band Questions » Apocalipse from Portugal?
Do anyone know anything about Apocalipse from Portugal? (members, demos, etc)
I have searched but can't find anything about them except for the Soundcloud page where they have posted some songs

https://soundcloud.com/apocalipse-1/3-rock-is-the-power

"Apocalipse were born in 1981, this song were recorded also in the same year, the band recorded 11 songs that were mean to be their debut album that was never released. After seven years of live gigs,recordings, financial and family problems,drug addictions...the band eventualy broke up. But now APOCALIPSE is back after more then 25 years of hiatus, the best hidden treasure of Portuguese Heavy Metal underground is back to raised hell!"
Sweden (se) Male   YouTube  
Name: Emil

Topics Solved: 1472

I call bullshit. Never heard about them. The recording doesn't sound anything like the recordings done in Portugal in 1981. They are Portuguese alright... but this is a drum machine, so the date is out of the question. And they supposedly played live between 1981 and 1988, according to their bio. And no-one's ever heard about them here. So, no way.

Topics Solved: 0

Yep. They existed. But a obscure band from the south of Portugal

They used to have a web page with full bio - can't find it now.

it was supposed to be released by the Dawnrider rhythm guitar player (since they live near on same area) on CD or vinyl - https://www.discogs.com/pt_BR/artist/1520502-Hugo-Conim

But so far it never saw the light of day.

I have the complete recordings which are more than just these featured on the soundcloud.
Some recordings have a true drums instrument
Others were old still but unfinished and only on the last years (before the soundloud was posted) were finished with a drum machine
Others are recent.

• 1 likes this

Topics Solved: 18

Thanks for the very interesting info. The sound does have very much the mood of those times of early Rock/Metal here in Portugal, but I was guessing this must be a late eighties/early nineties thing. Turns out it's a mixed output. Ok. I wouldn't mind seeing this out on a CD, I'd definitely get one.

Topics Solved: 0

« Return to Band Questions