Band Questions »  [SOLVED] A La Carte (the L.A. rock band from the 70s)
I saw the documentary "Inside Metal: The Pioneers Of Los Angeles Rock And Metal (1975-1981)" awhile back and I must have written down about 50 bands I'd never heard of and wanted to check out.

One of those was A La Carte, who were apparently a local favorite and also gave Van Halen a run for their money back in the day.

I've never seen any recordings for them. Did they record under a different name, or maybe they never recorded at all (they must have at least done a demo or two)? There's so little info out there about this band despite all the praise I've seen. I should note I don't knock myself out trying to find stuff so perhaps it's out there and I just haven't come across it.

The documentary:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/first- ... bwXKm37.99

The band:

In short, it'd be great to track down some live or studio audio of them!
United States (us) Male

Topics Solved: 0

This is Brian from A La Carte. There's some things I might be able to hook you up with. Thanks for your interest.

• 3 likes this
Random avatar
United States (us) Male
Name: BRIAN TANNEHILL

Topics Solved: 1

We're releasing our first (and only) album in 2 days. I wanted to post it here first, and again, thanks for your interest. Gene Hoglan has been very gracious in his endorsement of the band. Contact info may not open as links, but is correct.

From the website:

Gene Hoglan - International Drum Superstar - Testament , Dethklok, Galaktikon, Meldrum, Strapping Young Lad, Death, Dark Angel:

"A La Carte helped mold my teenage rock sensibilities, as they were the most entertaining, explosive three-piece in LA. Their powerhouse boogie & blues was an absolute influence on the entire LA scene, and lemme tell ya, in my opinion, there'd be no Van Halen without the mightiness of A La Carte: A La Carte's blatant stamp is ALL over VH I and VH II.... make no mistake about it, their influence upon the soon-to-be superstars is obvious. And I've made no bones about their obscenely-talented drummer Brian O'Brian's complete influence on my entire life. From ZZ Top's swagger, to the Isley Brothers' strut, like Rolling a Stone down a Mountain, A La Carte has all bases of boogie covered, and their rock is timeless and ageless. Bow and thank the rock gods for A La Carte. I know I do."

Gene Hoglan
October 2017

https://alacarte.rocks/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnOodP ... hW8W8ULsPQ

https://www.facebook.com/A-La-Carte-1576260762438384/

• 1 likes this
Random avatar
United States (us) Male
Name: BRIAN TANNEHILL

Topics Solved: 1

BRIAN O'BRIAN wrote:We're releasing our first (and only) album in 2 days. I wanted to post it here first, and again, thanks for your interest. Gene Hoglan has been very gracious in his endorsement of the band. Contact info may not open as links, but is correct.

I haven't heard you guys before, but I'm happy that a release will come out, and you seem like nice guys. Best of luck!
Sweden (se) Male

Topics Solved: 0

« Return to Band Questions