Band Questions »  [SOLVED] Question about what was on Slaughter's Live tape #3?
The Canadian death/thrash band used to send out a lot of live and rehearsal tapes to fans or zines they would write back to.

It is taking a long time reading through old zines I downloaded, but so far, have not found the answer yet.

Used to have one of the first Slaughter fanclub newsletters from 1985 / 1986, with the info on the 3 Official Live in 1985 tapes they would sell / trade / copy for fans.

Live tape #1 - Live Karnage (Larry's Hideaway, March 25, 1985), was added on the Strappado CD re-release by Nuclear Blast, and Metal Mind.
Live tape #2 - Live Bedlam (Gilmore's, May 11th, 1985)

Live tape#3 - I THINK it was called "Live Mayhem" (1985).
EDIT:
I have come to the conclusion that the post below by Witchking is probably correct.
The third official tape that was more than likely used for the Tortured Souls compilation boxset ... gig from the Starwood, Toronto 24/11/1985.
Still not 100% sure of the tape title as I don't have the fan club newsletters anymore or any zines mentioning all three titles.
FORUM MOD!

Topics Solved: 800

I really don't know much about official live tapes of Slaughter (except for Live Karnage), but according to the interview for Voices From the Darkside you put here, the official live tape #3 was recorded in November '85. It could be the show recorded at Starwood, Toronto 24/11/1985 (Sacrifice was a gig a day before in the same place, opening for Corrosion Of Conformity & D.R.I - here have some information and a image with the ticket of the gig), and this gig was released in a compilation called Tortured Souls.

Beside these two gigs, I have the knowledge of these others (unfortunately I don't own such stuffs):

Live in Toronto, ON 11/05/1985
Live at Gilmore's, Toronto, ON 15/05/1985
Live Larry's Hideaway, Toronto, ON 12/07/1985 (with Razor and Sacrifice)
Live Larry's Hideaway, Toronto, ON 15/08/1985 (with Exodus and Sacrifice)

Topics Solved: 11

Ah, good thing you pointed that out!

Now, that I read that interview again, it definitely does sound like it says the third Live tape was from the November 1985 concert.

Even though it is easy to get a hold of Dave Hewson on facebook and email, I think he won't answer anything about it, if anybody asks him.

2 or 4 years ago, I sent him a copy of my zine, and an interview sheet with questions about songs from rehearsal tapes that remain unreleased, and but Dave said he never got it and his mail must have been stolen.
I doubt it.
He probably knows once he answers truthfully, then SLAUGHTER fans worldwide will bother him until everything from the original lineup is available.

Terry Sadler is on facebook too, but who knows if he cares anymore to talk about the band;
because he said a few years ago he was tired of Hewson repeatedly re-releasing the same Slaughter material.

It would have been nice if record companies instead approached Terry for rare recordings, because either Dave Hewson doesn't have them anymore, or doesn't want them heard by the general public again.
The tape traders from the 1980s that have them aren't uploading.

Heck, for example, for years i have been asking one guy in Florida to copy me the SEAWEED (pre-Cynic) demo and every time he says it is in a box and he has to find it... I have given up on that quest.
At least SLAUGHTER rehearsal and live tapes made it into a lot more hands, so a better chance to search for those.
FORUM MOD!

FORUM MOD!

hmm,
now I find this
Slaughter – Live Karnage / Bedlam 1985
https://www.discogs.com/release/2574558 ... edlam-1985

Live Karnage, March 25, 1985

so, i will guess
egbert65's rip is of Live Bedlam, simply had the incorrect date, as it has the proper setlist.

Live Bedlam was May 11 ,1985 , not March 31

viewtopic.php?f=145&t=37579

and Live Mayhem was May 15, 1985
Terry Sadler used to send all 3 shows out to fans on one 90 minute cassette at one point.

https://i.postimg.cc/mrzPjMNb/Slaughter-Can-Live-Karnage-live-Bedlam-1985-1985-on-March-25th-and-May-11th-1.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/0yH67ZSW-/Slaughter-Can-Live-Karnage-live-Bedlam-1985-1985-on-March-25th-and-May-11th-2.jpg

• 4 likes this
FORUM MOD!

I found a bio and a letter from September 1985 when I bought Surrender or Die. No mention of any tapes besides that demo being available. The bio mentions that their first show was March 25, 1985 at Larry's Hideaway, Toronto but that's all that's mentioned about live stuff.

https://i.postimg.cc/QxZWp3fX/slaughter-bio.jpg

• 1 likes this

Topics Solved: 1

scan from the Meatcleaver 12'' LP
MAY 1986 NEWSLETTER

https://i.postimg.cc/MWt0PqVc/Slaughter ... -12-LP.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/MWt0PqVc/Slaughter-Can-scan-from-meatcleaver-12-LP.jpg
FORUM MOD!

LOGIN / REGISTER TO BE ABLE TO COMMENT ON POSTS + VOTE TO SEE HIDDEN LINKS

« Return to Band Questions