Reissues »  [SOLVED] Savage Choir (U.S.)-Winter Of Probator (Official CD Issue)
  • Hey guys, I was just chatting with my friend Steve Michaels, who was the singer for the New Jersey band Deathmask. He had an unreleased album by his band Savage Choir (the name for Deathmask before they became Deathmask) called "Winter Of Probator." Deathmask was put on hiatus after the release of "Split The Atom." Singer Steve Michaels put together a new Savage Choir line-up, and recorded the "Winter Of Probator" album. Steve sent it to me, I shared it with Strappado, and eventually it was posted here on the blog. It was a concept album, and Steve gave some background information on it that was also posted.

Well anyway, Steve told me today that Tribunal Records is going to do an official CD release of "Winter Of Probator." It was originally believed that only mp3 versions of the tracks existed, but Steve knows someone who has been a fan since back in the day who has wav files of the tracks. Also, Tribunal has an in-house artist who will whip up some cover art based on the concept of the album. It should be a pretty cool release. What do you guys think?
    United States (us) Male

Topics Solved: 14

Finally someone release this great recording! can't wait to hear & see the final result.
    Sweden (se) Male   YouTube  
    Name: Emil

Topics Solved: 1467

Steve sent me the liner notes for the upcoming release. He wanted me to look at them and see if I had any suggestions. Steve wrote them, but included some things that I suggested. The story behind "Winter Of Probator" is epic. The sci-fi concept and underlying environmental theme are also very engaging. Steve has a real talent for creative writing. His story is very thoughtful and inspiring. The music is also technical, speedy, and heavy. I can't wait for the release.

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/S ... tor/411640
    United States (us) Male

Topics Solved: 14

« Return to Reissues